Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: King Crimson - THRAK 16 disc Boxed Set

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Jester View Post
    what about the long-promised 5.1 edition of BEAT?
    I asked David Singleton about that when he was in sacramento for his book tour and he said it is done but Robert might decide it is not done. apparently it is Fripp's least favorite in terms of the memories associated with the making of it so he is having troubles making it the way he wants (wanted?) it to be.

I can see them delaying it further just so it doesn't get lost in the shadow of thrakbox though as it will likely look a little insubstantial next to that...

Man, I am really wrestling with purchasing this box. I am a collector and I love KC but Thrak never really took my breath away. Loved the show when they visited Austin but... will there be enough inside this box to excite me? Do I need to buy this?
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

thrak is with discipline and the first one my favorites of KC's discography, i will wait to see if i can get this on the marketplace for around 100$...

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    next up is a 72 discs boxset of the Earthbound album
    That's a lot of turds to polish.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    Man, I am really wrestling with purchasing this box. I am a collector and I love KC but Thrak never really took my breath away. Loved the show when they visited Austin but... will there be enough inside this box to excite me? Do I need to buy this?
    I agree. My gold disc in the metal box rarely gets an outing, but the live outfit were exceptional.

As of today.....amazon $159.00 Burning Shed $117.00. Add $20.00 for BShed shipping. Amazon is free. Ordered from BShed............
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    Thought about it for a few days, and I think I'm curious enough to pick up the stand alone remixed CD/DVD, since Fripp seems pleased with the new mix - but I think that's it. I don't know if I can take that many hours of Thrakking.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    As of today.....amazon $159.00 Burning Shed $117.00. Add $20.00 for BShed shipping. Amazon is free. Ordered from BShed............
    I would not at all be surprised to see the Amazon price drop as the release date approaches. However, Burning Shed is damned reliable...my money is that with BS you'll have the product within a week of availability. Amazon might hit one of those "we'll have to notify you when the product is ready to ship" snags.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Okay, I ordered it. Loved this lineup and I think the price is very good for the amount and content offered. Plus DGM offers layaway!! That was the clincher right there.

Very much looking forward to this. I haven't ordered any of the other box releases so I'm very psyched!
    "I want to be someone, who someone would want to be." Marillion

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarr73729 View Post
    That's a lot of turds to polish.
    Lovingly.

i'll be purchasing this as i have the others...but do wish they included more unreleased live material. other than the Aztec Thrak, everything has been released already.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_hunt View Post
    i'll be purchasing this as i have the others...but do wish they included more unreleased live material. other than the Aztec Thrak, everything has been released already.
    Ah, but Jurassic THRAK is as good as "We'll Keep That One, a Nick," from the LTIA box in shedding light on the recording sessions, and The Vicar's ATTAKcTHRAK is also very, very good. So that plus the two-disc AzteKc THRAK and a new srereo mix on CD makes 5/12 CDs worthwhile/new before you even get to the surround, high res and live video content.

And fwiw, the sonic upgrades are superb....the MAX VROOM sounds way better, for example.

I think they really got it right in terms of picking the right selections to paint a picture of this band without going overboard on the live show front and making it a 20+ disc set. This and was,after sll, very much song based so, while there is some improv, how many versions of "One Time," "People," "walking on Air" or even "Dinosaur" or "VROOM". do we trawls need?

I think the answer to that question is in this very box.

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    Holy crap, that's a lot of Thrak! I like the original album very much, but I'm not KC obsessed enough for this, even if I could afford it.
    heh... yeah, if there were a coupla full concert vidz I might bite but I don't need 16 discs of audio which is all too samey from disc to disc

hopefully I can get BR II from this box somewhere in the next 10 years
    Last edited by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER; 08-24-2015 at 04:12 AM.
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_hunt View Post
    Not quite.

Discs 1&4: previously unreleased.

Discs 2&3: previously released. 5: new version of a previous release. 6: scattered mix of both, and most fans won't have the already-released stuff.

Discs 7-12: three shows' worth of sets, one all-new, two previously released in part.

Not a bad mix, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    heh... yeah, if there were a coupla full concert vidz I might bite but I don't need 16 discs of audio which is all too samey from disc to disc

hopefully I can get BR II from this box somewhere in the next 10 years
    seems there is a couple of concert videos...

"1) A complete concert filmed live at The Warfield Theatre, San Francisco from 1995 - previously unreleased - with all footage newly transferred from the original tapes, mastered for high definition and 5.1 Surround Sound newly mixed by David Singleton from the multi-track tapes of the show

2) The live footage from the 1995 Live in Japan performance - all footage newly transferred from the original tapes, mastered for High Definition with the original surround sound remastered by David Singleton & Neil Wilkes. 

"

So does this mean only two more albums to go in the series ? Beat and Perfect Pair ?

Ie, the two albums put out in 2000 and 2003 are not scheduled for re release ?

I thought they were including power to believe in the initial slate of things. and then there was talk of a special construkction of light set using live improvs to build a whole new version or something.

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    seems there is a couple of concert videos...

"1) A complete concert filmed live at The Warfield Theatre, San Francisco from 1995 - previously unreleased - with all footage newly transferred from the original tapes, mastered for high definition and 5.1 Surround Sound newly mixed by David Singleton from the multi-track tapes of the show

2) The live footage from the 1995 Live in Japan performance - all footage newly transferred from the original tapes, mastered for High Definition with the original surround sound remastered by David Singleton & Neil Wilkes. 

"
    those are both on the BluRay 2 disc right? that's the only one I would buy the box for... the BR II will show up somewhere on the used market in years to come and I'll snag it then
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Finally ordered my copy. I won't open it until Christmas (I did the same thing with the Larks' box), but I am looking forward to it. I've always enjoyed this incarnation, and it will be interesting to see how its all put together.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Today hot tickle is a 12 minutes version of B'BOOM/THRAK from the THRAKBOXXX: http://www.dgmlive.com/archive.htm?show=2004

"Here is the audio of THRAK, the second track up from A complete concert filmed live at The Warfield Theatre, San Francisco from 1995 - previously unreleased - with all footage newly transferred from the original tapes, mastered for high definition and 5.1 Surround Sound newly mixed by David Singleton from the multi-track tapes of the show

"

Very very slurpish!
    http://www.marcozanetti.it

Triste è l'uomo
    che ama le cose
    solo quando si allontanano.
    (Baolian, libro dei pensieri Baol, I, vv. 1240-1242)

Quote Originally Posted by MarKco View Post
    Today hot tickle is a 12 minutes version of B'BOOM/THRAK from the THRAKBOXXX: http://www.dgmlive.com/archive.htm?show=2004

"Here is the audio of THRAK, the second track up from A complete concert filmed live at The Warfield Theatre, San Francisco from 1995 - previously unreleased - with all footage newly transferred from the original tapes, mastered for high definition and 5.1 Surround Sound newly mixed by David Singleton from the multi-track tapes of the show

"

Very very slurpish!
    Thank ya for the heads up!

Footage from the Warfield Theatre show that will be included on the Blu-Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave73 View Post
    Footage from the Warfield Theatre show that will be included on the Blu-Ray.

If i could buy one thing from that box-set, this is the thing, hope they release this separately in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by jarmsuh View Post
    If i could buy one thing from that box-set, this is the thing, hope they release this separately in the future...
    I would buy it in a heartbeat if available separately. The Argentina DVDs are good but tentative. This one seems far more confident based on the clip.

Ordering inquiry

bUrning shed is 114 USD with a 30 October release date
    uS Schizoid shop is 135 USD with a pillow as added bonus

Anyone know US release date for Scizoid shop? October 30 worldwide release ?

Also I assume shipping to be the same ?