Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone enjoy the German band Lake?

I have a picture disc for some unknown reason. I should probably try and sell it.

I bought their latest 'Wings of freedom' and their recent live-album 'Live! Wings of freedom tour - Spring 2014' last week in Bonn.
    Listening to their live-album right now.

Responding several years later, but Between The Lines is one of my favorite songs. Nice to find someone else who appreciates them. I've always wondered if the fills in the instrumental section are taken from other songs, like the lick from Them Changes. Any body recognize any others?

Quote Originally Posted by pjfitzgerald View Post
    Responding several years later, but Between The Lines is one of my favorite songs. Nice to find someone else who appreciates them. I've always wondered if the fills in the instrumental section are taken from other songs, like the lick from Them Changes. Any body recognize any others?
    I should listen to it sometime.

Done.

I recognise some guitar-fills, but can't remember what songs.
    One organ-fill sounds like taken from something classical, but again, I don't know what.
    Last edited by Rarebird; 03-16-2020 at 06:37 AM.

I’ve always really liked their song “Paradise Way”, ever since accidentally discovering it in my dad’s music collection nearly 20 years ago.

I too saw the Lake/Nektar tour in the late 70's and had just gotten married. My wife loved that show and spoke of it often as it was her initial exposure to my musical tastes. I really did like their harmonies and the voice of the original singer who passed. I still have a few of their tunes on my iPod.

i worked on designing a vinyl reissue of the first two albums last year which may be worth tracking down …

OriginalVinyl-Lake3Dall.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by iguana View Post
    i worked on designing a vinyl reissue of the first two albums last year which may be worth tracking down …

The first two were by far my favorites. That looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iguana View Post

Whoa, nice work! That looks lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Whoa, nice work! That looks lovely.
    cheers the web tells me that LAKE is still active featuring founders (?) alex conti and ian cussick and occasionally gigging locally (although probably not at the moment …)

to all here: please be well.