Thread: ROSFEST license plate in PA: which one of you has it?

ROSFEST license plate in PA: which one of you has it?

Just saw a car with a "ROSFEST" license plate going down the Route 30 bypass eastbound approaching Route 82. I'm assuming the owner is on here. Which one of you is it?

What kind of car was it? That would help narrow it down a bit. My guess would be it's George Roldan's car. He's the founder and organizer of RF.

Things like this maybe aren't quite as unusual as you would think. I remember a thread where a guy mentioned seeing a woman wearing a Nearfest t shirt on a train. I don't think I've ever seen any "non mainstream" prog t shirts in public(not counting concerts). I saw a guy wearing a Dream Theater t shirt in a convenient store once so that's probably the closest. As for license plates, I've only seen prog related ones at festivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    What kind of car was it? That would help narrow it down a bit. My guess would be it's George Roldan's car. He's the founder and organizer of RF.

Things like this maybe aren't quite as unusual as you would think. I remember a thread where a guy mentioned seeing a woman wearing a Nearfest t shirt on a train. I don't think I've ever seen any "non mainstream" prog t shirts in public(not counting concerts). I saw a guy wearing a Dream Theater t shirt in a convenient store once so that's probably the closest. As for license plates, I've only seen prog related ones at festivals.
    I am not sure if they still have it, but for many years M.B. and Sue Sheppard had a ProgDay license plate on the front of their vehicle.

Buster Harvey (Desdinova here) has a VA "PROG FAN" plate, and some ancient dude in the midwest has a WIS "PROGEZR" plate.

I would think that Mike the Digital is on the right track with his George assessment, until someone proves me (& Mike) wrong.
    Last edited by progeezer; 07-31-2015 at 11:47 PM.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Bbernardini View Post
    Just saw a car with a "ROSFEST" license plate going down the Route 30 bypass eastbound approaching Route 82. I'm assuming the owner is on here. Which one of you is it?
    Was the car pink.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

As I recall, the car was rather dark in color. I posted about it on Facebook as well, and a friend of mine shared a picture of a different PA license plate that said "ABACAB 1".

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    I've had "2112-AD" in PA for about 28 years.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    What kind of car was it? That would help narrow it down a bit. My guess would be it's George Roldan's car. He's the founder and organizer of it.
    If it not George then maybe he should be looking into it. Either a law suit or maybe he should be paying someone for advertising.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Buster Harvey (Desdinova here) has a VA "PROG FAN" plate, and some ancient dude in the midwest has a WIS "PROGEZR" plate.

I would think that Mike the Digital is on the right track with his George assessment, until someone proves me (& Mike) wrong.
    I never realized that was Buster!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I never realized that was Buster!
    The testicles never lie.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    If it not George then maybe he should be looking into it. Either a law suit or maybe he should be paying someone for advertising.
    There's no law suit there.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    The testicles never lie.

Thanks for the memory, Bob!!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I used to occasionally see a car driving around the Harrisburg, PA area with the plate "HOT RATS". Always wondered who it was. Saw it parked in a lot one day and almost considered waiting for the owner to come back, but that seemed a little too stalkerish.
    --
    The internet was better before Berners-Lee let the riff-raff in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ground and Sky's Ghost View Post
    I used to occasionally see a car driving around the Harrisburg, PA area with the plate "HOT RATS".
    I went to Zappa Plays Zappa with the mother of one of my staff members. She has an Ontario license plate with 'HOT RATS' and after one of the shows she had Dweezil autograph her jeep.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    There's no law suit there.
    I was joking of course.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post

Thanks for the memory, Bob!!