Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Windows 10

About a month ago Mozilla Firefox started running as fast as a one legged sack racer, the curser would freeze on the screen until I would have to unplug the computer to restart it. I started using Google Chrome and that seems to work fine. I'm probably going to have to get a new computer and upgrade to windows 10.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I'm probably going to have to get a new computer and upgrade to windows 10.
    If it is a new pc,you'd better reinstall Windows 10,because i think it is easier to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    If it is a new pc,you'd better reinstall Windows 10,because i think it is easier to do that.
    A friend of mine owns a computer business and he always has companies upgrading their equipment so he'll have one of his techs build me one from one of them.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Okay,there is no difference between reinstalling Windows 10 and upgrading Windows 10,you can find some detailed steps on Google.

^^ There's a difference between a clean reinstall, in which the drive is wiped, and reinstalling in place. The latter preserves all your programs and settings, but also leaves behind some problems which necessitated reinstalling in the first place.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

My aunt gave me her laptop and the damn resolution only goes to 1366 x 768. It looks terrible. Any suggestions on how to fix that or do I need a new graphics card?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    My aunt gave me her laptop and the damn resolution only goes to 1366 x 768. It looks terrible. Any suggestions on how to fix that or do I need a new graphics card?
    You can easily change the resolution, but if Windows/the graphic card recommends 1366 x 768, it will not get any better without a better graphic card.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    The only way to fix that with a fairly old Windows laptop is with a USB 3 graphics adapter. If it doesn't have USB 3 ports, you're S.O.L. (s*** out of luck). It's impossible to add a graphics card, like one can with a desktop. There are no PCIe slots, or physical space for a PCIe card. Every single last laptop peripheral is soldered directly to the motherboard, in order to save space. About the only replaceable/upgradeable laptop components would be the memory sticks, the hard drive, the CD/DVD/BD drive if it has one, the combination CPU heatsink/system cooling fan, the keyboard, and possibly the mouse pad, depending on make and model.

The way to know if it has USB 3 ports is if any of them are blue. If all of them are black, they're all USB 2. You "could" use a USB adapter with USB 2 ports, but the display rendering would be excruciatingly slow.
    Last edited by progmatist; 03-06-2020 at 12:45 PM.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama