Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorpsycho

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    Part 2 of this album released on April Fool's day? Did anyone know about this?
    There's a part two?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Sayeth the band about HBM Vol. 2:

http://motorpsycho.no/2016/04/can-of-worms/
    Last edited by 100423; 04-07-2016 at 11:12 AM. Reason: revised thought patterns.

Haven't really warmed up to Here Be Monsters yet. I love the tune 'Big Black Dog' though.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Be forewarned from Bob LeBad:

"...As we are adamant that this LP is a tour special, this ordering-system will close for orders when the tour ends. We’ll then get right on it and start the shipping as soon as we get home. Now, we have only pressed a certain number of these LPs. This means that if total sales and orders exceed the number of copies we’ve already printed, we’ll have to make a second pressing. These days this takes about three months, but rest assured: all orders will be honored and everyone will get a copy as soon as possible – Trust Us!"

Gig schedule lists their last show is May 14th.
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    Sayeth the band about HBM Vol. 2:

http://motorpsycho.no/2016/04/can-of-worms/
    And it's now available for preorder through Stickman Records. 2LPs + a CD. So it looks like I have another Motorpsycho record sitting on my shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Cool! Thanks for the link!

Tour shots and some nice interviews with Snah and Bent.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jMJwRB...ature=youtu.be

Man, I really think I'll have to see these guys at some point.

Kenneth Kapstad has left the band...

So the wheel turns again!
    After nearly ten years of making some of the most mindblowing, exciting and original music of our lives, Kenneth Kapstad and Motorpsycho have parted ways.
    We realize how lucky we have been to get to go all these crazy places in music together over the last decade, and are grateful for the time we've spent together. We’ve made more than ten albums, written and played not only rock operas and church concerts, but played festivals and gigs from Chong Ching to Chicago and challenged ourselves to the max in all respects all the way through. It's been a fantastic ride and a true joy to get to be a part of this band!
    All things must pass, but it is good to go out on a high like this last record and tour - it was truly a worthy end to this thing of ours!
    Motorpsycho will obviously continue to make music, but this parting of ways makes it necessary to take stock and meditate on the path forwards for a while. We have no replacement for Kenneth lined up, and don't really know how things will pan out yet, but that's the exciting part of the process: the journey is the destination!
    We're sure Kenneth will go on making fantastic music with other people - how could he not! - but we also know he'll appreciate his period with us: it was a really, really unique and special thing for a special time in our lives, and we thank you for taking the trip with us brother!
    Snah&Bent

Kenneth Kapstad joined Motorpsycho in 2007, and was the drummer on Little Lucid Moments, Child Of The Future, Heavy Metal Fruit, Roadwork Vol.4: Intrepid Skronk, The Death Defying Unicorn, Still Life With Eggplant, Behind The Sun, The Motorpnakotic Fragments, En Konsert For Folk Flest, Here Be Monsters and Here Be Monsters Vol.2.

Man, I really think I'll have to see these guys at some point.
    Yeah, agreed. I'll have to bite the bullet and fly over there one of these years.

Here Be Monsters Vol 2 arrived today. I look forward to digging into this. The title track has been sounding awesome live according to the recent boots I've seen on Dime.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_hunt View Post
    Kenneth Kapstad has left the band....
    Noooo!!!!

I hope they find a worthy drummer soon.

Dammit.

Yeah, agreed. I'll have to bite the bullet and fly over there one of these years.

Here Be Monsters Vol 2 arrived today. I look forward to digging into this. The title track has been sounding awesome live according to the recent boots I've seen on Dime.
    Did your copy come with a CD?

Did your copy come with a CD?
    yep, the CD was inside the record sleeve

Well, dammit. Again. I wonder if StickMan will send me one.

Stickman sent out a CD of HBM2 super quick. Great service, good album.

I decided I should probably finish out my Motorpsycho collection, so I ordered four more discs from them. Also decided to pick up the Spidergawd box that was released this year. Going in pretty much bling. Any Spidergawd fans here?

Spidergawd Facebook page:

Time for an update!
    As you all know we introduced Hallvard Gaardløs aka. The Kid on bass for the Spidergawd III release tour, as Bent was busy with Motorpsycho work.
    Well, there is no sign of less work for both bands in the future, so after three albums with Bent we now introduce Hallvard The kid Gaardløs as the new bassplayer in Spidergawd!
    For those who did'nt meet the bass prodigy from Toten, Norway, yet definatley have something to look forward to. Not only is he an excellent musician, but also the most charming kid ever.
    We're sure he'd be happy for a little welcome applause.
    That said, we'd like to thank Bent for all the great music we've made together, all the fun tours and gigs we've laughed our way through, and, as we always state; made it possible for Spidergawd to reach out to all of you in such a short time.
    We will drink an underberg on that one soon enough.
    - Spidergawd

Hooray!

"Following in the tradition of the Timothy’s Monster, Blissard and Demon Box deluxe CD-box sets, Motorpsycho have put together the ultimate collection of songs from the Angels & Daemons at Play album and era – this time on six CDs! The box set will include the original three CDs included in the limited edition 1997 CD-box set version, a disc of rarities, B-sides, oddities and live material, and two discs containing the Deathprod and Motorpsycho gig from March 14, 1997 at the Rockefeller in Oslo in its entirety.

"The release is planned for Friday, December 2nd and we’ll be starting the presale shortly beforehand here on the website. Stay tuned for more!"

https://www.stickman-records.com/ang...play-on-6-cds/

No brainer.

Hooray!

"Following in the tradition of the Timothy’s Monster, Blissard and Demon Box deluxe CD-box sets, Motorpsycho have put together the ultimate collection of songs from the Angels & Daemons at Play album and era – this time on six CDs! The box set will include the original three CDs included in the limited edition 1997 CD-box set version, a disc of rarities, B-sides, oddities and live material, and two discs containing the Deathprod and Motorpsycho gig from March 14, 1997 at the Rockefeller in Oslo in its entirety.

"The release is planned for Friday, December 2nd and we’ll be starting the presale shortly beforehand here on the website. Stay tuned for more!"

https://www.stickman-records.com/ang...play-on-6-cds/

No brainer.
    Sweet! Glad we don't have to buy a bunch of vinyl to get the CDs also

Preorder for the new Angels and Daemons set is up, and it's cheap, too!

https://www.stickman-records.com/sho...y-6cd-box-set/

Those live discs look incredible!!!!
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    Those live discs look incredible!!!!
    Yeah, man! I'll let y'all know how everything sounds when it arrives.

Ordered the box along with Roadwork 1 and 4 (I already have 2).

Can't wait to hear them!

Box set arrived today! Looking forward to digging into it after work.

Box set arrived today! Looking forward to digging into it after work.
    Still waiting. Did you order from Stickman? I haven't gotten shipping notice yet. I'll be out of town over the holiday and was really hoping to have it to take with me.

Maybe still . . .

Anyway, feel free to report back on all the goodness.

Whoops! Never mind. Just arrived.

I did a little splurging myself and picked up Walking with J EP, The International Tussler Society and Roadwork Vol. 4 in this order, so I got quite a bit of a Motorpsycho party ahead of me this week!