Thread: The Sundays

The Sundays

How about this blast from the early 90s past? Just recently played some, haven't in a while. I quite enjoy the first two albums, third is ok, then they disappeared.

Prog connection - 1st album was produced by Ray Schulman.

Alan

I like the first 2, particularly the vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I like the first 2, particularly the vocals.
    the girl has a gorgeous voice. as a whole the band is very tasteful in its writing.
    here's one of my fave Sundays tunes..

"She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

I thought each one was slightly better than the one before. Like them all, but the third one, 'Static and Silence' was gorgeous I thought. Love those layered guitars! And love Harriet's fine voice. Their myspace site had some unreleased (or maybe b-sides?) music up a few months back that was really nice too. Wish they'd do another.

meimjustalawnmower
    I liked it a lot until the owner of the record store where I worked discovered them upon their second release, and began playing the album every day. When I say "every day", I'm not exaggerating. When he realized that they had an earlier release, he began playing BOTH albums back to back EVERY DAY. When the third album came out, me and my co-worker started playing nothing but country blues and celtic folk when it was our turn. After a week of Charlie Patton and Tommy Makem, the torture stopped.

I'm only familiar with their "hits," "Here's Where the Story Ends" and their cover of "Wild Horses." Like others, I loved their layered guitars and that voice...

So, their third one is the best?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I think the second one, "Blind" is the best. Absolutely gorgeous! Reminds me of the old girlfriend who introduced me to it.....sigh.....
    Chris

Heliopolis
    Third one is my favorite as well, but I love all three.

I only know the first but do play it often still, so I'm shopping for two more today.

I do hear traces of this in the latest Tracey Thorn album Tinsel and Lights, which I absolutely adore. Worth an explore if you like EBTG and that sad vocal delivery she perfects.

Did Harriet ever go on to a solo career I wonder?