Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Phish?

Great show last night.

Trey F's up his solo and really doesn't play it the same anymore. I just can't get over that for some reason. My issue, I know
    Not just your issue, I'm often baffled at how he can play a complicated bit and then 2 minutes later butcher a part that a first year guitar student could play. It makes me laugh when I read on Phish boards "Trey played flawlessly last night". That's never happened in the history of Phish, it's just the places he goofs up are different now.
    ...or you could love

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Bender View Post
    Not just your issue, I'm often baffled at how he can play a complicated bit and then 2 minutes later butcher a part that a first year guitar student could play. It makes me laugh when I read on Phish boards "Trey played flawlessly last night". That's never happened in the history of Phish, it's just the places he goofs up are different now.
    Right! He'll play a flawless Reba or Fluffhead and then jack up the solo to Horn. It'd be interesting if the band chose three epics per tour and practiced this shit out of them and excitement was built among the fans as to what they will be and where they will be played. Then the band could play all the jammed out 3.0 stuff. Kind of like Rush busting out Jacob's Latter after 3 decades.

Streaming live: http://mixlr.com/the-kush-bush/

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium San Francisco, CA July 18, 2016 Show Time: 7:30 PM PDT

Set 1 Start: 8:07 PM PDT

Set 1:
    Martian Monster
    Halley's Comet >
    46 Days
    Sugar Shack
    Roggae
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Looks good on paper, I'll have to give it a listen tonight:

Phish: Mon, Jul 18, 2016
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, CA
    Set 1: Martian Monster, Halley's Comet > 46 Days, Sugar Shack, Roggae, Daniel Saw the Stone > Divided Sky, Ocelot > Ya Mar, Possum
    Set 2: Golden Age > Twist > My Sweet One > The Line > Simple > Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley > Limb By Limb > Slave to the Traffic Light
    Encore: When the Circus Comes, Run Like an Antelope
    ...or you could love

Damn, they're on fire this first set so far. https://www.periscope.tv/w/1BRJjkOqBzLxw - http://mixlr.com/sunspotradio/

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, CA July 19, 2016 Show Time: 7:30 PM PDT

Set 1 Start: 8:08 PM PDT

Set 1:
    Chalkdust Torture
    Free
    Breath and Burning
    Theme From the Bottom>
    Cities>
    Maze
    Wombat
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Listened to the first set from last night, really good stuff. Dammit though, I love Theme and Maze, not much chance of hearing them when I go to the Forum show on Friday.
    ...or you could love

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Bender View Post
    That's a really good point. In the 90s it was ok that he messed up a bit here and there because most of the time he nailed it. Man, seeing Divided Sky, Mikes, Reba, Rift and It's Ice in the same set and Trey absolutely tearing it and flawlessly. The kids these days are a little deluded about the Trey. I totally agree. I used to think the same about the Dead. People saying this or that song was transcendent when it was obvious Garcia was about to fall over!

Amazing first set underway- http://mixlr.com/sunspotradio/ - https://www.periscope.tv/w/1YqGowbjAavGv

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, CA, July 20, 2016 Show Time: 7:30 PM PDT

Set 1 Start: 8:20

Set 1:
    Demand
    The Curtain With
    Alumni Blues >
    Letter To Jimmy Page >
    Alumni Blues >
    f*** Your Face
    Cry Baby Cry
    (Trey confirms the album was completed tonight, shouts out Bob Ezrin and plays next tune for him)
    Sing Monica
    McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters

Great show last night. They finally jammed out Tube again, Reba was well executed, and Harry Hood was arguably one of the best they've played in years.

Trey's sounded very good, too bad it was last night of the tour.

Last night's second set was pure magic!

I went to the Forum show on Friday, it went like I thought it would: they played OK, not great, the setlist was just OK, they left it on the floor in San Francisco. I watched the stream last night, very enjoyable show.

Kind of a strange tour, there were some real highlights, but they also didn't play well at times. Things seemed to gel at The Gorge, I'm going to try and do a more extended run next year.
    ...or you could love

13-date Fall Tour announced concluding with a 4-Night Halloween Run in Las Vegas. A limited number of tickets are available now via Phish Tickets at tickets.phish.com through Sunday, August 14th at 11:59pm ET.

10/14,15/16- North Charleston Coliseum, Charleston, SC
    10/16/16- Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena, Jacksonville, FL
    10/18,19/16- Ascend Amphitheater, Nashville, TN
    10/21,22/16- Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park, Alpharetta, GA
    10/24,25/16- Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie, Grand Prairie, TX
    10/28,29,30,31/16- MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV

http://phish.com/tours/fall-2016/

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    13-date Fall Tour announced concluding with a 4-Night Halloween Run in Las Vegas. A limited number of tickets are available now via Phish Tickets at tickets.phish.com through Sunday, August 14th at 11:59pm ET.

10/14,15/16- North Charleston Coliseum, Charleston, SC
    10/16/16- Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena, Jacksonville, FL
    10/18,19/16- Ascend Amphitheater, Nashville, TN
    10/21,22/16- Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park, Alpharetta, GA
    10/24,25/16- Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie, Grand Prairie, TX
    10/28,29,30,31/16- MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV

http://phish.com/tours/fall-2016/
    I'll be at Charleston and Jacksonville.

I booked my Charleston hotel across the street from the stadium a couple of weeks ago based off of rumors...glad I did since it sold out almost immediately once dates were announced. Should be fun. Stadium is General Admission which is perfect for indoor Phish shows.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    So i guess I should get that Magnaball 2015 set, eh?

http://phish.com/

New album announced. October 7th.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Just listened to Rift again for the first time in years. What a great album!

If you never got the appeal of Phish, I suggest trying Rift.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

I loved the 2014 release, "Fuego". Thought there were many "proggy" and "Canterbury" moments on it.
    I do like the music accompanying the new album announcement too-

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    I loved the 2014 release, "Fuego". Thought there were many "proggy" and "Canterbury" moments on it.
    I do like the music accompanying the new album announcement too-
    That sounds pretty cool!
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

"Breath And Burning" link-
    http://www.npr.org/sections/allsongs...ntent=20160912

"I wrote this song on the beach after our three-night run in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico last January," Anastasio tells NPR Music in an email. "I loved watching the faces of all the people dancing and splashing in the ocean while we played. I kept thinking, 'This will all end sooner or later, one way or another. So I'm gonna enjoy every last second of it while we're still here. I'm not gonna wave away the dessert cart on the Titanic. I want to be like that string quintet that kept playing while it sank."

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    Just listened to Rift again for the first time in years. What a great album!

If you never got the appeal of Phish, I suggest trying Rift.
    It still has the best "serious" songs Trey and Tom Marshall have written, I think.

"Petrichor", the thirteen and a half minute orchestral suite that closes the new album, Big Boat, is something I bet lots of people here would love.

How is the whole Big Boat album overall?

New Year's Run @ MSG announced.
    December 28, 29, 30, 31.
    www.phish.com