Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Phish?

Phish is playing really well this tour, I listened to this show earlier today:

PHISH 8/7/15 Blossom Music Center, Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Set 1: A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing, My Sweet One > Wilson > Timber (Jerry), Roses Are Free, Rift, The Moma Dance, Ginseng Sullivan, Wingsuit, It's Ice > Bathtub Gin
    Set 2: Chalk Dust Torture[1] -> Tweezer > The Lizards, Makisupa Policeman > Ghost > Harry Hood > Tweezer Reprise
    Encore: Good Times Bad Times

Always nice to ASIHTOS and Wilson and The Lizards, Timber (Jerry) is a favorite cover, the Bathtub Gin is fantastic, as is the whole second set.
    ...or you could love

This has been one of the best Phish tours EVER. They ended the first set with David Bowie>Possum and then the entire second set was a monster.

Same for last night....second set killed.

They have webcasts for certain shows and the two Merriwether shows were shown.

Just fucking awesome!

Space Cadet
    I caught the 2nd Philly show...amazing! Can't add anything additional to the superlatives heaped on this run already. They are at the top of their game, no doubt.

I agree, I've listened to every show on the summer tour and they've been playing really well. A lot of that has to do with Trey really being ready to go after doing the Dead shows, he's playing some really hot stuff AND most importantly for me, mostly nailing the composed parts. I'm disappointed I could only go to one show due to a lack of money, but it's been fun listening to the shows in any case.

I caught the 2nd Philly show...amazing!
    Lucky you, you heard the 5 song second set: Bathtub Gin, No Men In No Man's Land > Twist, Scents and Subtle Sounds, Harry Hood

I love S&SS, it's one of my very favorites, it was great to hear it at the "This Show Brought To You By The Letter S" show in Colorado in 2011. That show also had the first Sabotage since 1998, the crowd went berserk when it started. Good times, good times!
    Last edited by Jeremy Bender; 08-18-2015 at 01:13 AM.
    ...or you could love

I was fortunate to be able to catch 3 shows on this tour, including 2 with a lot of highlights:

1) Alpine Valley, Sunday, 8/9 - I actually worked security for this show (long story) so wasn't able to focus fully on the stage the whole time, but heard every song, from a great location, and watched most of it (while asking people to find their seats).

2) Walnut Creek (Raleigh, NC), Friday, 8/14 - just OK, will have to listen to download again, but definitely enjoyed Reba and later No Quarter in 2nd set. Another Mike's Song, but I don't really tire of that one.

3) MPP (Columbia, MD), Saturday, 8/15 - this was just a great, fun show, probably my favorite Phish show I've been to, out of a dozen or so over the years. My buddy and I (Richard here on PE) were in the pit, so had a nice up close view of all of the shenanigans. The band had such a great time, too. I'd encourage watching this one on Youtube:

Going to be watching the three Magnaball shows over the weekend.

Just can't miss these guys right now!

Tempted to grab the new Amsterdam set they released. Any thoughts from anyone here?

Amsterdam is great "early" Phish!

Replay of this afternoon's soundcheck-
    https://soundcloud.com/sam-boos-2/ph...all-soundcheck

This weekend's live stream-
    http://mixlr.com/thebunny/
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/showoflife

Secret Set happening now.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Damn the first two Magnaball shows have just kicked ass!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    How'd you find out about it?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    How'd you find out about it?
    If I told you...
    "Drive In" jam; Here's the replay of what I saw/heard- http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/71473108
    Very '68-70 Pink Floydian in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Now that sounds like my kind of party!

I'd love to go, they've been playing really well, but poverty will prevent me. Dammit dammit dammit.
    ...or you could love

I'll be in Jamaica for Gov't Mule's Island Exodus during this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    I got hooked with A Live One. Fantastic from start to finish. I'd heard some of their studio albums, but they didn't click with me till then.

"Bouncing Around the Room," "Stash," "You Enjoy Myself" -- worth the price of the CD alone.

Same here - I picked up a horrendously expensive copy of A Live One on import at a time when Phish were completely unknown in the UK, too, as opposed to merely unheard of as they are now. I must also admit that, unlike many, I love most of their studio albums as well. Sure, they're a different beast from the live band, but there's some terrific songs and performances on each. Indeed, if I have a personal favourite it's probably Hoist, which I think is an absolutely brilliant album, though it tails off a bit towards the end, and they are all somewhat inconsistent. That said, I lost interest after the abysmal Round Room, so haven't picked up on any of the post-hiatus studio albums. Looking at what people are saying here, I may just have to get hold of a copy of Fuego.

^ are you saying that Hoist drops off when Will Riker (Jonathan Frakes) drops in?

'Fuego' is really good! It finally got me over my anti-Phish bias, ingrained by four years of college in the American midwest, surrounded by frat boys / sorority girls who would only consider seeing concerts by them or Dave Matthews. Boo! Older and wiser now though I've come to realize that good music is good music, and you listen to it no matter who else does (or doesn't).

"You Enjoy Myself" reminds me so much of Gentle Giant-

Final run of Summer starts tonight in Colorado. Should be amazing.

^It's gonna be monumental!

Awesome three shows from Colorado.

And the encore tonight was a 40 minute Harpua, etc.

Fucking great tour!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Marsh View Post
    And the encore tonight was a 40 minute Harpua, etc.
    It was epic to say the least.