Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anderson/Ponty Tour 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    I would think maybe that if the Crest is revealing the pre-sale code wouldn't the Saban as well? It was very official looking as in the bottom of the APB publicity photo.
    Code was posted on the kickstarter debacle thread .

http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...Debacle/page15

Quote Originally Posted by yesterdays View Post
    Code was posted on the kickstarter debacle thread .

http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...Debacle/page15
    Thanks, I saw that but the code(s) shown don't work for the Saban for some reason.

Password "APB636363" has been released by the Saban Theater on their Facebook page.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    5th row center, Berklee.

So of course it'll get canceled.

No email from the Keswick yet, I usually get presale info.

Saban Theatre, Beverly Hills, CA - Fri, Nov 20, 2015 08:30 PM

Price Details
    Type Fan Club Presale - Section ORCH
    Ticket Price US $78.00
    Facility Charge US $4.00
    Service Fee US $12.70
    + before last click you will get:
    Order Processing Fee US $4.50

Get reimbursed up to 100% with Event Ticket Insurance for an additional $6.99/ticket

This is funny, they are presented as: "Anderson Ponty Band wtih Jon Anderson & Jean Luc Ponty". I like the clarification, I guess just in case... no holograms,,,no green screen or impersonators.

Just picked up two tickets to the Keswick on the pre-sale. Looking forward to this!

The TicketFly tickets were $65 X 2=$130 + fees = $162. for the Crest/Sacramento Show.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Just picked up two tickets to the Keswick on the pre-sale. Looking forward to this!

I got a single (my wife refuses to go to any more prog catalog artists!) 12th row aisle center section seat for $54 even. not too bad

looking forward to seeing Jon fronting an electric band again.

seeing the first date of the tour in the Philadelphia will be special as well. for all of the APB debacle (completely warranted imo) I'm glad that they'll do at least this one tour. the LP will probably be pretty marginal I suppose. i do not GAF about a reworked/recorded version of the Yes hits.

at all
    Last edited by helix; 07-30-2015 at 08:31 AM.

Got tix for the NYC show with presale code (METRO). Front row. I'm intrigued by this band, I didn't do the Kickstarter, but followed the oddities of it closely. Will be curious to see how the music pans out live.

Mike
    Tabletop Genesis - A Genesis and solo career focused podcast, featuring the opinions of Tom Roche, Stacy Godfrey, Simon Godfrey, and Mike Lord - Listen on I-Tunes, or at http://tabletopgenesis.com/ Twitter: @genesistabletop Facebook: www.facebook.com/TabletopGenesis

I hope they pull this off.. won't be attending but hope for Jon's sake he can pull off a full tour..

I'm probably outside the mainstream of PEers here, because if this was a show by "The Ponty Band" I'd be attending, but if it was a show by "The Anderson Band" I wouldn't bother.

And the other two people I'm going with were hesitant to attend because that guy from Yes will be singing.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Just passed on a 5th row center orchestra seat at Berklee...can't justify $90 plus charges when I just grabbed tickets for Steve Hackett in Albany later that week, plus PFM in Montreal later that month (plus Three Friends in October in Montreal plus Joe Jackson here in town later in November...) Can't do it all on a social worker's salary with twins in their last year of college. Hope those who go enjoy my seat!

I chose the FREE *pick up at will call* option for my NYC ticket. $3.50 for regular mail? On top of all the other charges too? $95- total as it is.
    (Isn't a first class stamp/postage only 49 cents????????)
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

As of this writing there's no mention of this November date on the Talking Stick Resort site.
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I'm probably outside the mainstream of PEers here, because if this was a show by "The Ponty Band" I'd be attending, but if it was a show by "The Anderson Band" I wouldn't bother.

And the other two people I'm going with were hesitant to attend because that guy from Yes will be singing.
    I've never attended a Jon solo gig and have no desire to ever do so but with Ponty I'm looking forward to it a lot. I'm guessing quite a number of folks here actually have similar views, but Jon's fans tend to be fairly vocal about all things Yes/Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Just passed on a 5th row center orchestra seat at Berklee...can't justify $90 plus charges when I just grabbed tickets for Steve Hackett in Albany later that week, plus PFM in Montreal later that month (plus Three Friends in October in Montreal plus Joe Jackson here in town later in November...) Can't do it all on a social worker's salary with twins in their last year of college. Hope those who go enjoy my seat!
    The fact that 5th row center orchestra seats are still available 2 days after I got mine can't be an indicator of strong ticket sales.

Ponty is the draw for me...Sources are saying they are planning another NA tour next summer

Quote Originally Posted by Mstove View Post
    I've never attended a Jon solo gig and have no desire to ever do so but with Ponty I'm looking forward to it a lot. I'm guessing quite a number of folks here actually have similar views, but Jon's fans tend to be fairly vocal about all things Yes/Anderson.
    I went to one not long after he left Yes. It was enjoyable, and pretty much what I expected. Nothing bad to say about it.

That said, I'd go to this, but I'd be going to the Keswick show - the first on the tour. And I just don't trust this act with my money.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

That said, I'd go to this, but I'd be going to the Keswick show - the first on the tour. And I just don't trust this act with my money.
    If it gets canceled, you get your money back from the ticket agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    If it gets canceled, you get your money back from the ticket agency.
    Yeah, but that's a pain in the ass.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I've had tickets for shows that were canceled where Jean-Luc Ponty and Steve Howe were supposed to be playing, but Jon Anderson has always shown up for any show where I was supposed to see him.

I've avoided this whole thing since its inception, planning to just buy the album through the usual channels once it's actually released.. but suddenly today got the urge to buy tickets to the show! Second row at the Danforth in Toronto... will be a nice Saturday night date for the wife and I!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I went to one not long after he left Yes. It was enjoyable, and pretty much what I expected. Nothing bad to say about it.
    The Animation tour show was awesome. Some of the shows in the 90s weren't bad, either. But I really am not interested in seeing him without a band and a decent album to support.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    The Animation tour show was awesome. Some of the shows in the 90s weren't bad, either. But I really am not interested in seeing him without a band and a decent album to support.
    Yeah I have a recording from the Animation tour.. Very strong band with him and wonderful setlist..