Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roger Waters concert at Newport Folk Festival tonight

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    not sure if it's the same dude, but the one I've heard can play some killer Guitar
    Guitarist formerly with Morris Day and the Time - and, yeah, all things considered, he was outstanding...
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Quote Originally Posted by marblesmike View Post
    Have you ever seen his live work with Hall and Oates. I think their live sound suffered greatly when he moved on to other things.
    I made no statements about his ability to play. He's a hell of a player, no doubt. I just don't like posers. And it has nothing to do with the fact that he's an ugly mofo. Let the music do the mugging for you.

Quote Originally Posted by marblesmike View Post
    Gotta hand it to PE and the progger's disdain for anything not exclusively prog..
    Boy, I hope you're not lumping me into that group. I would bet my musical tastes are broader than 99.9% of the people in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by -=RTFR666=- View Post
    For my part, I never said they weren't good musicians, although to counter I observed GE as being low-key with the Wall show I saw in Phoenix in contrast to his SNL hamminess - I thought he was particularly good on acoustic for Mother...
    I'm sure Roger wouldn't have had it any other way.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"