Thread: New Echotest (Julie Slick & Marco Machera)

New Echotest (Julie Slick & Marco Machera)

I'm a bit surprised nobody's mentioned this yet (unless there was a thread that got buried or something). They just surprise-released their second album last week. I'm digging it, especially in the car--it should be worth a look for anyone who likes the previous one or Julie's solo stuff.

http://julieslick.bandcamp.com/album/le-fil-rouge

Well, this hasn't been mentioned also because it seems Slick and Machera aren't very well in informing people about this. When you've pre-ordered Machera's Dime Novels and their previous duo-recording, I would expect they would have dropped me a note about this one. You can't keep your eye on all new releases all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Slick and Machera aren't very well in informing people about this. ... You can't keep your eye on all new releases all the time.
    That much is very true. I thought there'd be a few 'round here who remembered her solo stuff, but I didn't know there wasn't even a notification for people who'd bought Fourth Dementia. (I think I first heard about the kickstarter from DGM... then again the release was the first time I heard anything about it since April.)

I pledged this and received my download code but was waiting to get the actual CD before listening to it. I know the project was a bit later than they intended. She/They have also kind of gone FB silent for the most part. I do remember there being more chatter about her last solo disc as well as her "Springs" project. Maybe it will pick up when the disc is mailed? Looking forward to hearing it though.
    "I want to be someone, who someone would want to be." Marillion

I'll have to pick this up.

I've been spinning Terroir a lot lately after having sort of overlooked it upon purchase.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Hello, this is Marco Machera.

I'm sorry that some of you didn't know about the record coming out. I wish me and Julie could inform each of you personally, but it's just not possible at the present time. We're independent artists, doing everything by ourselves. We're doing our best with keeping our websites and facebook / twitter accounts always up to date. I recommend you check those out regularly for news and updates on our activities. However, those who pledged for the Kickstarter campaign will receive a new update shortly. We have CDs and t-shirts ready to be delivered.

I have just returned from a solo tour across Germany and Czech Republic and will focus on the promotion for Le Fil Rouge now. Please bear with us, as we have many things going on at the same time. Thank you for the precious support.

Marco

Ordered!