Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quentin Tarantino's master musical stroke!

Update. the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences have announced that Morricone's score WILL be considered for nomination. This is great news! Maybe, just maybe Morricone will finally get the Oscar that he should have gotten for best score decades ago. Keep your fingers crossed.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

I just listened to the entire album. It does have a few of the old western motifs, but it's darker than most, and is reminiscent of some Italian horror film soundtracks too. The dark and avante-garde nature of the score somewhat reminds me of the work Morricone did on the 1967 Spaghetti Western for Sergio Sollima's Face to Face. And to these old ears, many of the tracks are highly progressive. It's theme throughout is subtle, but memorable, and I can see where it will work perfectly with the visuals of the movie. It'd definitely a winner, and I am confident it will earn a Oscar nomination. I'll report back after seeing the movie on Christmas.

Saw the roadshow version last night of the H8, and as expected was not let down. No spoilers here. All I can say is that if you like Tarantino, westerns (Especially Italian), mysteries, great cinematography, great acting, great screenplay and perfect score for the mood don't miss this. And if you can see the big screen 70mm version, it's well worth it. They give you a nice collectable booklet too! Typical Tanantino, and this ole boy likes it!