Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Neal Morse unveils 5 hour live album on Blu-ray!

chalkpie
    Did Jesus tell him he's the new Richard Wagner or something?

being at this show, i have to get this. if nothing else for One. the addition of Nothing to Believe was nice.

but, for me, the duet on Cradle to the Grave with his son was just amazing. better than the original, imo.

great to hear these albums with all of the musicians that were present including the current Neal Morse Band.

I have every intention of making it down for Morse Fest in the not too distant future. Whether or not you agree with his beliefs/lyrics or even his songwriting, most (if not almost all) prog musicians and fans would almost unquestionably say that he's a talented musician.
    I'm slightly curious as to whether Neal and co. are going to treat this, if only for now, as something akin to Marillion weekends (play an album or two in its/their entirety each year).
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold

The moaners like to complain of Neal's music being too formulaic but there's more variation of styles in his music than any other artists I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    there's more variation of styles in his music than any other artists I know!
    Precisely.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    And he's talented and driven so good for him.
    Yes - I have to respect that.
    <sig out of order>

Neal Morse is my guilty pleasure - I know I shouldn't like him as much as I do but still...
    The Prog Corner

I think the humor comes more from the automatic mega releases than it does from the content.
    The humor really kicks in when we get the "making of..." video, the "outtakes", the "alternate mix", etc. etc.... hey, it's all good! As they say in Transatlantic, "More Never is Enough!"
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    The humor really kicks in when we get the "making of..." video, the "outtakes", the "alternate mix", etc. etc.... hey, it's all good! As they say in Transatlantic, "More Never is Enough!"
    Heck, I like that stuff to a certain extent. I also see that practice as a means to try and sell albums in this day and age of downloading.

Some artists release super-mega-deluxe packages and others just constantly re-master/re-issue their back catalogue. Whatever separates you from your money.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Oh, you're right, I forgot it's not More Ia Never Enough, but the more awkward More Never Is Enough.

when does this get released? where is it available?

Enough, More Never Is.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Enough, More Never Is.

Swedish Yoda is. Make English title decisions he should not, hmm?

33.99 on amazon for the 6 dvd/cd set (pre-order)

I, like many of you already have Testimony dvd,so I would really only be interested in ONE.

Oh, you're right, I forgot it's not More Is Never Enough, but the more awkward More Never Is Enough.
    Yeah, I had to go back and edit the post after checking online, I remember it being some awkward version of the more common phrase.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Yeah, I had to go back and edit the post after checking online, I remember it being some awkward version of the more common phrase.
    I have this album in my car right now and had to check the title this morning...damn....I don't think I ever noticed that it was the more awkward wording. I always must have just switched it around in my mind so it would make sense to me. Being from the Whirld Tour, I'm surprised they didn't call it Evermore Is Enough.
    <sig out of order>

Radiant pricing not yet available? Wha...?

Also, no CD/BR package?

Radiant pricing not yet available? Wha...?
    Blu-Ray is $24.99, big package is $39.99, shipping you'll need a second mortgage.

I'm a Neal guy from the get-go, love almost all his projects, but it was a lot more fun when he was a "secret." Now there's super-deluxe everythings, the Inner Circle, if you live in the States and want to see him you can now pay plane fare, hotel and rental car charges, then after buying tix you have to buy more tix to dine with, meet the band, see acoustic performances others can't, sit up front, etc. I wonder if he's forgotten about that moneylenders episode in the Temple?
    Last edited by BarryLI; 07-20-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Blu-Ray is $24.99, big package is $39.99, shipping you'll need a second mortgage.

I'm a Neal guy from the get-go, love almost all his projects, but it was a lot more fun when he was a "secret." Now there's super-deluxe everythings, and if you live in the States and want to see him you can now pay plane fare, hotel and rental car charges, then after buying tix you have to buy more tix to dine and meet the band, too. I wonder if he's forgotten about that moneylenders episode in the Temple?
    If you want to stil feel like Neal is a secret, ask 100% of the people that you know who aren't into prog. Also, I am sure Neal would love to play in as many cities in America that he could, but financially that would be illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Patelena396 View Post
    If you want to stil feel like Neal is a secret, ask 100% of the people that you know who aren't into prog. Also, I am sure Neal would love to play in as many cities in America that he could, but financially that would be illogical.
    Point being I'm all for capitalism but it seems like the focus is now on extracting every thin dime from his customer base. Gotta give him props for figuring out it's a lot cheaper to get his fans to come to him than to go to them, sure, but after the cash outlay getting and staying there to then face a cornucopia of ticketing options seems petty to me. You're probably in for well over a grand (especially if you go with someone else), you then have to pay for food, better seating, an acoustic show, etc? When is enough enough? Just takes the sheen off of it for me, anyway, YMMV.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    When is enough enough? .
    See answer above: "More Never is Enough!"

Point being I'm all for capitalism but it seems like the focus is now on extracting every thin dime from his customer base. Gotta give him props for figuring out it's a lot cheaper to get his fans to come to him than to go to them, sure, but after the cash outlay getting and staying there to then face a cornucopia of ticketing options seems petty to me. You're probably in for well over a grand (especially if you go with someone else), you then have to pay for food, better seating, an acoustic show, etc? When is enough enough? Just takes the sheen off of it for me, anyway, YMMV.
    I understand but Morsefest is on top of the touring that he does. He did the festival last year but still did a tour of the U.S. a few months ago. I saw the show in So. Cal in March and it was very good. He is at this very moment doing a tour in Europe and has also done the tours with Flying Colors and Transatlantic in recent years. Yes, I know that his tours aren't extensive, but they never were. Just making the point that he isn't running a situation where Morsefest is a person's only option to see him in a live setting, but is more of a weekend long special event for fans who choose to attend.