Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: An All Girl Arsnova reunites for Japan Concert.

Yeah, I have a good amount of Gerard CDs, mostly from a vendor blowing them out for $5 each. It's all pretty good stuff, even the stuff with vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Ah, I think I'm confusing this cd with the earlier set of demos. I didn't even know about a first cd. Would love to hear it...

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    *Yes, Masuhiro Goto. Gerard's last fully instrumental album was in 2004, but they've put out two more since: Ring of Eternity (2010) and Visionary Dream (2011). I haven't heard 'em, but per the reviews they seem consistent with their previous output.

I'm surprised to hear you don't like Ars Nova at all. I figured albums like Transi and Book of the Dead would be in your wheelhouse.
    Well to be fair, I haven't listened to any of their albums all the way through but the times I did sample stuff on Youtube it didn't grab me. It was all rather inconsequential whereas Gerard was the same kind of band but with monstrous chops and lots of dynamic contrast. It doesn't hurt that Toshio Egawa is influenced by Eddie Jobson's keyboard work with UK either.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    Well to be fair, I haven't listened to any of their albums all the way through but the times I did sample stuff on Youtube it didn't grab me. It was all rather inconsequential whereas Gerard was the same kind of band but with monstrous chops and lots of dynamic contrast. It doesn't hurt that Toshio Egawa is influenced by Eddie Jobson's keyboard work with UK either.
    Check out the live album Across the World. It's the double keys & drums line-up: Keiko, Mika, Akiko (the latter two are the girls who are standing in the pic that Rand posted). Mika had her own band, Triton, but I don't think they ever released a CD. Akiko left the band years ago (that's when Masuhiro switched bands, both being managed by Shingo "Numero" Ueno) and has drummed for Marble Sheep and other groups.

There was a split album with Ars Nova and Gerard called Keyboard Triangle or something equally preposterous, and I seem to remember thinking that this might actually be the most consistently rubbish "prog" album I ever heard.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    There was a split album with Ars Nova and Gerard called Keyboard Triangle or something equally preposterous, and I seem to remember thinking that this might actually be the most consistently rubbish "prog" album I ever heard.
    I think you're badly mistaken and the title was actually "Keyboards Triangle." (Keyboards is plural.)

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I think you're badly mistaken and the title was actually "Keyboards Triangle." (Keyboards is plural.)
    Yes, I was most definitely badly & sadly mistaken; the title was certainly Keyboards Triangle, and, come to think of it, it was fantastically incredible in terms of quality. It was arguably the best music(s) album ever made by man and/or related.

I'd like to stick around and chat a bit more, but I just felt this sudden urge to go and play one of those three separate copies of that 35-hour Neil Horse hologram I just got in the mail along with my latest transgender blowup-doll latex purchase.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

my latest transgender blowup-doll latex purchase.
    That's cool, man. We don't judge.

yeah, I'm finally realizing that all prog and everything else is just bullshit anyway. I've been had! so glad I didn't pitch that Kevin Federline masterpiece. I have a way out of this hell.
    i.ain't.dead.irock

^

np: Keyboards Triangle while immersed in textile testicle action. Mr. Horse is dancin' on my lap's top.

^

np: Keyboards Triangle while immersed in textile testicle action. Mr. Horse is dancin' on my lap's top.
    Keep your finger out of my eye...

Oh fluffy duck!

Billy Sherwood's spirit is summoned from the astral skies of future oblivion. It teams up with Horse's hologram to join Ars Nova for a digitally philharmonic rock version of Sousa's "Stars & Stripes Forever", extra long rendition. It's progressive.

Sousa is pretty prog, ya gotta admit. I'd like to hear Sousa arranged for Minimoog.

Gerard's original guitarist and vocalist Yukihiro Fujimura (much better known as „Chachamaru“ in Japan) became very well known
    and quite a star himself as member of the band of the very famous (in Japan) actor and musician Gackt.

Gackt holds the record for the most 10 ten Singles in Japan.

Just to get back on track here. I have it directly from their drummer,Akiko Takanashi(as of yesterday)that there will be a DVD of this concert for us fans to experience the excitement those who'll be attending will surely have.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    DVD of this concert