Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recent Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Cloud Atlas just got rated the worst movie of the year by Time magazine, and that was a list that included 'What To Expect When You're Expecting."

Yikes.
    Time Magazine is so incredibly full of shit - and I've stopped considering them a proper conduit for modern day news and journalism log ago. If you want a spoon fed plot with lots of explosions and tits - like most of the American viewing audience - then Cloud Atlas won't fill your cup. It's a very cerebral movie - with tons of details and layers that weave amongst multiple plot lines that surround themes of humanity, balance and effect. Easily in my top 10 for sure - but, as always, YMMV. It will become a cult classic - - -

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulus View Post
    One I have mixed feeling about: Hugo.

Wonderful acting and effects. However, it's too childlike (childish?) for adults, too adult in outlook for children.
    Hugo looked terrible from the previews. I saw some of it when it came out - looked like it was unwatchable. Reminded me of that Pinnochio movie that was a flop - why does anyone think people want movies like that?

thumbs up to Despicable Me 2 and The East.

Banned
    Last Friday, I saw Place Beyond The Pines with Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper. I loved it. Good moral twist in there.

Maybe I should wait a week for this, but I'm not gonna. We have Dead End Kids: Little Tough Guy; Take Shelter (because I LOVED Michael Shannon in The Missing Person); and The Business of Strangers (Stockard Channing) to watch this weekend.

Banned
    I just saw Fast And Furious 6 with a friend. I loved it. First one in the series I have seen. I know it was overdone, but who cares.

ROBOT & FRANK
    MONSTER IN PARIS

Saw The Conjuring yesterday. Good, but nowhere near as scary as the reviews suggest.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    We also have 11 weeks of http://www.chillerdrive-in.com/index.html to catch up on.
    We had a ton of those dvrd too. I deleted all but 3 to make room for other stuff. I checked a couple of weeks ago and it's now not on RTV in our area. replaced with Offbeat Cinema, which is ok but not nearly as much fun as Wolfman Mac.