Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Musicals

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    I've seen many Broadway shows, unfortunately, and most were because I was forced to go (I felt like I needed a shower after seeing A Chorus Line). I will say, however, that I thought Les Miserables was fantastic in both the powerful songs and stage settings.
    I have seen Le Miz twice. Once a big touring company here in town and once at a small summerstock theater here. It is a good one for sure, although I have always thought it was a little bloated and could have used some trimming, but it is worth seeing for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    It's very nice to see a thread on this topic.

, Oklahoma .
    I played in the pit orchestra for Oklahoma back in the day. After several weeks of rehearsal with the orchestra, then more rehearsal with the company and then the shows themselves, I don’t care if I ever hear another song from Oklahoma again

Another musical that I would highly recommend is "Next To Normal". It was on Broadway back in 2008. We saw a local production of it a while back and I thought it was one of the best musicals I have ever seen. The plot deals with mental illness that is slowly taking control of a woman. It is very unique and different.