Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Billy Sherwood carrying on with Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    OK, back to the regularly scheduled Yes smack down.
    Not on our account. Believe me, if you couldn't convince the fans that they were horrible and wrong for still enjoying the band before, the next 1,000,000 times will be even less effective.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    A lot of people thought that Van Halen getting back together with Roth would never result in anything worth a damn yet A Different Kind of Truth was pretty well received on all fronts.
    "Blood and Fire"!

hmm.... There hasn't been a Van Halen thread in a while....

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    "Blood and Fire"!.
    "Told ya I was coming back..."

Best lyric in 5 years

"Say it like ya mean it!"

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    Henry - have you heard anything about the follow up rock album from Rabin? I heard he wanted to release a rock album next. Anything?
    I've not heard anything lately. I presume he's still working on it and it will appear at some point, but don't hold your breath.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    Well, that's not really an objection to Spotify, just an assertion that Google Music is better. Belief in the superiority of one doesn't require disapproval of the other.

I mean, following this logic, that would be like someone objecting to the current Yes lineup simply because the 1973 lineup was better, and who would do something like that?
    Touché.

Henry

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    Well, that's not really an objection to Spotify, just an assertion that Google Music is better. Belief in the superiority of one doesn't require disapproval of the other.

I mean, following this logic, that would be like someone objecting to the current Yes lineup simply because the 1973 lineup was better, and who would do something like that?
    Spotify vs Google is similar, but different products in direct competition with each other. Yes 1973 vs Yes in 2015 is quite dissimilar products being presented as the same product. If anything Spotify and Google Play have far more in common than Yes and Yes Now. They both give you access to roughly the same 30 million songs for the same monthly fee. Google Play just has that one extra killer feature that is of benefit to users with large digital libraries of their own.
    Last edited by Frumious B; 08-01-2015 at 09:44 AM.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

Nice to see a little love for H & E. I thought it was pretty good when it came out and nothing has changed that. I may even like more now that I've had some time to digest it.

Another release that will be out, probably next week, Billy Sherwood's Archived CD.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    I'm out. Actually, I was already mostly out, but this seals the deal.
    I'm with Chad, with the exception I was already 100% out. Too much great new music, by bands with something fresh to say, for me to waste my time. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Nasser View Post
    I'm with Chad, with the exception I was already 100% out. Too much great new music, by bands with something fresh to say, for me to waste my time. YMMV.
    Wow, that was absolutely worth waking this thread back up. It's always informative when a person who's not interested in Yes anymore stops by a Yes thread to tell us they're not interested in Yes anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by everyday View Post
    Here we go - the guy kindly steps in for his friend. Chris sadly dies so Billy continues with the band and gets abuse? What is wrong with some people? For the medium term, the band have concert commitments they have to fulfill - should they cancel instead and lose loads of money? Billy was a good friend of Chris and they made music together as Conspiracy. I despair of people on here.
    +1
    And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Wow, that was absolutely worth waking this thread back up. It's always informative when a person who's not interested in Yes anymore stops by a Yes thread to tell us they're not interested in Yes anymore.
    Maybe we should find some people who were never interested in Yes and find out if they're still not interested in Yes?

Henry

Old habits die hard apparently

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Maybe we should find some people who were never interested in Yes and find out if they're still not interested in Yes?

Henry
    I think we need to get a group of people who aren't interested in curling together and hit up a curling message board, and make sure them curling aficionados are aware there are people who don't share their interest.

It's always informative when a person who's not interested in Yes anymore stops by a Yes thread to tell us they're not interested in Yes anymore.
    It is actually. I for one like to get a good cross-section of opinions on topics about bands I listen too. I honestly did find it interesting that Luis and Chad were no longer interested in YES (or in fact if they still are). Everyone should join in as many threads as possible, IMO. Especially the regulars.

Suspended
    This thread started 3 weeks ago: 37 pages, 45000 views.

To put that in perspective, the NP thread started 9 months ago: only 44 pages, 25000 views. The Cardiacs thread: 18 months old, 72 pages, 98000 views.

Just commenting. Obviously, "Billy Sherwood carrying on with Yes" is highly noteworthy in the prog music world, but 37 pages?
    Last edited by bob_32_116; 08-04-2015 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    It is actually. I for one like to get a good cross-section of opinions on topics about bands I listen too. I honestly did find it interesting that Luis and Chad were no longer interested in YES (or in fact if they still are). Everyone should join in as many threads as possible, IMO. Especially the regulars.
    Y'know what? I should've left this thread a while ago. I'll step out now. If "I'm not interested in the topic being discussed" is where we're setting the bar for "interesting," I don't think I'm interested in being part of the discussion. Given the interest I've had in this discussion up to this point, is it interesting to know that I'm not interested in this discussion any longer? I can still pop in every few pages to reassert my disinterest, if that will keep things interesting.

Luis and Chad expressed perfectly valid and relevant opinions. Sorry they weren't the ones being fished for.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Luis and Chad expressed perfectly valid and relevant opinions. Sorry they weren't the ones being fished for.
    That may sound good on paper, but...this is different. No discouraging words are allowed when discussing the Holy Ones. It is tantamount to blasphemy, and those who persist in it risk public decapitation. So let it be written, so let it be done.

is it interesting to know that I'm not interested in this discussion any longer?
    Yeah, pretty much. It gives me insight into the mindset of fellow YES fans.

I don't mean for you to leave because of my comments though. I was just expressing my honest thoughts/feedback on that subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. It gives me insight into the mindset of fellow YES fans.

I don't mean for you to leave because of my comments though. I was just expressing my honest thoughts/feedback on that subject.
    It's not comments like yours that I take issue with.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    That may sound good on paper, but...this is different. No discouraging words are allowed when discussing the Holy Ones. It is tantamount to blasphemy, and those who persist in it risk public decapitation. So let it be written, so let it be done.
    It's childish crap like this that I can do without. And will. Enjoy the thread guys.

It's childish crap like this that I can do without. And will. Enjoy the thread guys.
    It does shave the bone a little close, doesn't it?
    Oh, and happy trails.

Do not resist Yes! You will be found!

Clipboard01.jpg