Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3RDegree Release "ONES & ZEROS: Vol. 1" plus FREE Download, European Tour

3RDegree Release "ONES & ZEROS: Vol. 1" plus FREE Download, European Tour

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

July 7, 2015

3RDegree Release ONES & ZEROS: Vol. 1 plus FREE Download, European Tour

Atlanta, GA - July 7, 2015 (10T Records) - 10T Records is thrilled to announce the release of the brand new CD from 3RDEGREE, entitled ONES & ZEROS: Vol. 1. It is available immediately through 10T Records' online store in multiple formats, both physical and digital. It will be available through all major mainstream online and retail outlets (iTunes, Amazon, etc.) on its official street date of August 18, 2015.

ONES & ZEROS: Vol. 1 is the band's third studio album since coming to the consciousness of the worldwide prog rock press in 2008 with NARROW-CASTER and their fifth overall. While the band's follow-up release, 2012's THE LONG DIVISION, had some over-arching political themes, ONES & ZEROS: Vol. 1 is 3RDegree's first full-fledged concept album.

"This new album contains a tight structure with sound effects, voice actors, guest vocalists, recurring musical and lyrical themes, and other elements," says founding member Robert Pashman. "This album isn't so much science fiction as it is a futurist album, expounding upon current trends in technology and leading them to their logical conclusion."

This is all communicated through the influence and intervention of mega-corporation, Valhalla Biotech. The first volume of the ONES & ZEROS concept feels like a self-contained unit, despite a planned 2016 second volume of songs, which the band have half-completed at press time.

ONES & ZEROS: Vol. 1 features George Dobbs (lead vocals, keyboards), Robert James Pashman (bass, keyboards, backing vocals), Patrick Kliesch (guitar, backing vocals), Eric Pseja (guitar, backing vocals), Aaron Nobel (drums and percussion), and new addition, Bryan Zeigler (lead guitar, backing vocals).

"We signed 3RDegree a couple of years ago because we really wanted to be involved in the release of their new music," says Steve Carroll, 10T Records president. "I honestly believe this to be the band’s best material to date! Existing fans will be very pleased and I think there will be a whole new international fan base that will embrace this release.”"

To better expose their music to that international fan base, 3RDegree will be embarking on the band's first-ever European Tour in September, including an appearance at the UK Summer's End Festival on October 3. This tour will be flanked on either side with performances in select US cities.

3RDegree 2015 Tour Dates:

12 Sep - Best Bar - New York City, NY - USA
    20 Sep - ‘t Blok - Nieuwerkerk a/d Ijssel - NETHERLANDS
    24 Sep - das Rind - Rüsselsheim - GERMANY
    27 Sep - Talking Heads - Southampton - UNITED KINGDOM
    29 Sep - The Musician - Leicester - UNITED KINGDOM
    30 Sep - The Bedford - London (Balham) - UNITED KINGDOM
    3 Oct - Summer’s End Festival - Chepstow (Wales) - UNITED KINGDOM
    17 Oct - Orion Sound - Baltimore, MD - USA
    24 Oct - XO Lounge - Philadelphia, PA - USA
    24 Oct - The Gagliarchives Radio Show - USA
    TBD - NJ Proghouse - Dunellen, NJ - USA

Free Download:

To further help promote the release of ONES & ZEROS: Vol. 1, 3RDegree and 10T Records are offering a FREE MP3 or M4A format download of the single edit of the track "This Is The Future." Just follow the link, place it in your cart, and check out – it’s that easy!

http://10trecords.com/store/3rdegree...free-download/

Listen NOW:

ONES & ZEROS: Vol. 1 by 3RDegree is now available to preview in its entirety exclusively on the 3RDegree artist page on the 10T Records website:

http://10trecords.com/artists/genres...discography-3/

Downloads and CD sales are immediately available. After August 18th, ONES & ZEROS: Vol. 1 will be available through your favorite retail outlet.

For further information:

Steve Carroll
    10T Records
    www.10trecords.com

# # #

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Cool - didn't even know they were working on a new album!

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Loved Narrow-caster and the Long Divison so this band is now officially on auto-buy, made even easier by their signing to 10T, which allows me to order up via my favorite brick & mortar store here in town (Turn It Up! in Northampton).

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Loved Narrow-caster and the Long Divison so this band is now officially on auto-buy, made even easier by their signing to 10T, which allows me to order up via my favorite brick & mortar store here in town (Turn It Up! in Northampton).
    FYI, it won't be available through any brick & mortar stores until August 18th (official street date). It is however available right now, CD or multiple download formats, through our online store (links above in the press release.

Thanks!

Steve
    www.10trecords.com

Wishing these guys all the best....

Get out there and knock some socks off, gentlemen!

So, when do those of us who preordered at ROSFest get ours?

ROSfest CDs went out last week. If you were on that list-legibly-you should practically have it already.

Jon Neudorf
    Good luck with the new album guys!

Regards,
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDegree_Robert View Post
    ROSfest CDs went out last week. If you were on that list-legibly-you should practically have it already.
    Came in yesterday's mail...it will be tonight's first spin. Can't wait to listen.

When in '12 was TLD released? Seems like I'm still digesting it (combination of a slow metabolism, too much music and not enough time.)

The first review has just been published by Jay Watson at Progarchy. He rates the album: "A++, 10 of 10, “must-buy” rating."

http://progarchy.com/2015/07/07/3rde...ummer-of-2015/

Steve
    www.10trecords.com

What a stellar review, not that I needed any convincing. From the point I saw the band at MarProg in Ct. and picked up "Narrow-Caster", 3rd Degree has been near the top of my list of favorite American prog bands, in the company of Glass Hammer, echolyn, Oblivion Sun. Doesn't hurt that like me, I believe some if not most band members are Jersey Boys.

4 out of 6 of us are from New Jersey. Patrick is out in Los Angeles currently but a Jersey boy, Aaron is from Connecticut, Bryan in NJ now but originally from Maryland.

This review is just a hugely rewarding bit of press to read and the very first we've received. If more listeners and reviewers "get" this new album and it's conceptual scape it will confirm that it was worth spending two albums on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Adv3MP View Post
    Wishing these guys all the best....

Get out there and knock some socks off, gentlemen!
    Hey everyone, it's short but one of George's best Fender Rhodes piano solos can be heard on the final track. Who's Fender Rhodes did we record it on? Well it was "Adv3MP" (above in this thread)-Mark of Advent. He let me borrow it and somehow the tracks we recorded with it will span 3 albums!

No sweat, Pashie…glad to help.

Another great review (5 out of 5 stars), courtesy of Roland113 at Prog Archives:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1439005

Steve
    www.10trecords.com

Having forgotten that I pre-ordered at Rosfest, I was surprised to find the disc in the mail when it arrived.
    I've now had the opportunity to listen to Ones & Zeros several times, including as background music in the office, on my long commute in the car, and on headphones doing mindless yard work. While I'm not qualified to write a real review, I know what I like to listen to and this is one excellent CD. I have all of 3RDegree's cd's and this one is easily my favorite and growing on me more with each listen. Nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by gflorio View Post
    Having forgotten that I pre-ordered at Rosfest, I was surprised to find the disc in the mail when it arrived.
    I've now had the opportunity to listen to Ones & Zeros several times, including as background music in the office, on my long commute in the car, and on headphones doing mindless yard work. While I'm not qualified to write a real review, I know what I like to listen to and this is one excellent CD. I have all of 3RDegree's cd's and this one is easily my favorite and growing on me more with each listen. Nice!!
    So glad you're enjoying it Greg! We kind of took a risk going with this concept-and over 2 albums no less-but I think we might have underestimated our audience's ability to come along with us as initial feedback has been really positive! BTW, hope you can come see us on 10/24 at XO Lounge in Philly at 8pm!

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    When in '12 was TLD released? Seems like I'm still digesting it (combination of a slow metabolism, too much music and not enough time.)
    Rick-The Long Division was released on September 4, 2012 although if you were at the final NEARfest "Apocalypse" that year, we did have it at our merch table. Press was then given the summer to get their reviews together and all ducks were in a row for the release date. With our European tour starting on September 20th of this year, we didn't have that luxury on this new album and just put it out for everyone (via 10T) at the same time (7/7/15) although some intitial reviewers had their hi-res download a good month ago, thus the 2 reviews already out there.

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDegree_Robert View Post
    hope you can come see us on 10/24 at XO Lounge in Philly at 8pm!
    I've got it on my calendar, lets just hope that the rest of my life doesn't get in the way of my musical life.

A third, "perfect" review. I could not have predicted this positive a reaction thus far.

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1441173

I'm stoked to hear it. I ordered it a few days ago.
    New 3rdegee & echolyn on the horizon... Awesome!
    Thanks for keeping this old dude feeling young.

Concept albums have typically been a mixed blessing for me as a listener. While I usually applaud the effort and ambition it takes to even attempt to write one, I always listen with the trepidation one bears on a first date, wondering exactly how many minutes will elapse before the whole thing starts to disappoint and unravel. With hindsight, my personal favorites seem to be those with more abstract or surreal storylines, like 70s Genesis classic The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway and recent skull scrambler Theman Simpulse by the British duo Those Men. For in the realm of progressive rock, there is no more defining test of your artistic mettle and compositional prowess than whether or not you can tell a compelling tale in song across an entire release. Do it without a linear structure based in reality? Even more impressive.

3rDegree are the latest band of note to take on the challenge with Ones And Zeroes Volume I. Multiple listens in, well, here are my thoughts and impressions...

This record begins innocently enough - you have no idea of the mind threshing you're willingly queuing up to submit yourself to when it starts. The band sounds just like itself on the first song, the first minute or so, but then, hey, there's an odd twist. And before you know it, the sonic turns, trap doors and scene changes keep coming and you can't even brace yourself. The chaotic narcotic scat thinking you're riding for dear life has no intention of applying brakes. Soon I don't even recognize the band. While these are all too real performances and stellar ones at that, each player seems to have been digitized alive, essence captured as they sparkle like sonic holograms in my mind's eye through the maelstrom, the story coming to pass before my very ears. In this bizarre "where ARE"-scape, Robert Pashman's bass sounds like a 7 foot assassin with attitude, fierce and tactile; Aaron Nobel's drums roar and crack, gouging a groove atop the furies unleashed with power and precision; and George Dobbs' vocals bring to mind the great Miles Davis: completely unlike anything he's done before and recklessly out on the splintering ice. It's like he's pushing all career accolades out of his way in an instant for a daring, determined dash to discover new timbres for his voice. Successfully.

And the guitars? What can I possibly say to do justice to the nano-surgical strikes the three string slingers make to these songs? They should be celebrated on the cover of Guitarchitectural Digest. Unpredictable (in this music, that's no small feat!), they are delicate, brutal, tapestrially textural, adolescently snotty and sensationally stirring. Patrick Kliesch, Eric Pseja, Bryan Ziegler, theirs is a musical ballet of pristine and perfect contributions. With sublime subtlety and taste, they rage in the power of their ideas. And the songs? Are these, in fact, songs? In all but a couple places, not like any I've ever heard. From the subject matter to the scar-spangled hooks, this nightmare of a grave new world puts all the emphasis on new. New forms, new subjects, new thoughts, all yield new chills. The few familiar signposts and eerie background vocals serve only to show how far away you've been carried from normal music.

In closing, allow me to make two statements. First, each and every time I hear this record it's a new and different experience. How is that even possible? The great Adrian Belew's groundbreaking app FLUX achieves this with cutting edge technology; these guys did it with compositional skill and imagination alone. Second, by fearlessly eschewing the familiar sound of their band for new horizons, 3rDegree have not only struck oil but have forever metamorphisized from progressive musicians into quintessential artists. Whatever the passage of time and hindsight do to this album, it will never, ever be boring. I declare this a tear in the how, what and where; listen, and you'll know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    I'm stoked to hear it. I ordered it a few days ago.
    New 3rdegee & echolyn on the horizon... Awesome!
    Thanks for keeping this old dude feeling young.
    Thanks SO much! And you've been there with us for quite a few albums now so-like arabicadabra-we prize your opinion on it and think of you when we try topping ourselves with each release....and Greg as I said on Facebook, we SO look forward to an incomparable review from you when we have an album ready. This one is no lesser than I've seen you do for any band!

We're fans too-and it's 2012 all over again with releases from us, Echolyn, IZZ and District 97!

Champion of Nothing Nicky Cupcakes's Avatar
    Disappointed in myself that I haven't pre-ordered this yet

Off to remedy that right now...