Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What did you get for Christmas?

I didn't really get anything music-related for xmas, though I did get the Led Zep "Celebration Day" DVD and CD set for my birthday.

For xmas I got a polo shirt, a leatherman pocket tool, and a bunch of cash, which prolly won't go towards music at all hardly!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
    I bought myself an Ibanez SR305 5-string bass. Instantly fell in love with it at the guitar store and it had to come home with me.
    Nice. The Christmas gifts we buy ourselves are often the best ones. I bought myself a new little Yamaha bookshelf mini system that I've had my eye on for a couple of years. Surprisingly good sound for a small system. Then I got a little Xmas bonus at work that was only $5 short of covering the cost of it. It was like Christmas came twice!

multicellular organism roddenberry's Avatar
    An Apple Magic Trackpad, a bottle of Scapa 16 yrs and a nice winter coat. I bought myself a Simple Minds box set and a few James Bond DVDs

That's it!

add: Oh, and the latest Diana Krall CD too.

Robert

I don't really celebrate Christmas anymore, but my ex-wife gave me a nice pair of gloves which I needed badly. In return I got her DVD boxes with assorted works by Godard and Fellini.

Oh, and my best buddy bought me a bottle af aquavite which I drank on Christmas eve.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Nice. The Christmas gifts we buy ourselves are often the best ones. I bought myself a new little Yamaha bookshelf mini system that I've had my eye on for a couple of years. Surprisingly good sound for a small system. Then I got a little Xmas bonus at work that was only $5 short of covering the cost of it. It was like Christmas came twice!
    I had a Yamaha bookshelf system for about 10 years and it had wonderful sound. Is that the one with the PianoCraft finish? Beautiful stuff. Unfortunately, the CD tray gave out on me recently so I had to get a new one. Still, it gave me 10 years of joy.

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    I had a Yamaha bookshelf system for about 10 years and it had wonderful sound. Is that the one with the PianoCraft finish? Beautiful stuff. Unfortunately, the CD tray gave out on me recently so I had to get a new one. Still, it gave me 10 years of joy.
    That's great to hear! I got this one...in orange because it's my favourite colour and looks great on the pine coloured shelving unit it's on. http://ca.yamaha.com/en/products/aud..._g/?mode=model

It sounded good in the store but I wasn't crazy about it at first when I got it home. Then I moved the speakers about 10 feet from each other and it sounded great! I'm quite impressed by it. It's not audiophile quality by far, but it does the job for the reading room that we're using it in.

In the 12 years my wife and I been together, my wife truly went all out this past Christmas. I got a beautiful Movado Aviator wrist watch and lovely Pea Coat, an assortment of sweaters and nice casual shirts. Awesome!
    Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care... Frank Zappa

Lino
    Amongst other things, my wife got me a Sons Of Anarchy touque, and a Samcro tank top. If she asks me to wear them to bed next time we get frisky, I'll know what the gig is.

We bought ourselves 65 inch Samsung TV so I can watch football in style (I wish )

microsoft surface tablet computer
    kobalt dual direction ratchet handle and sockets and bits
    earpods for my ipod
    bear size Lands End shirts 4 each in various colors
    "big bang theory" dvd's seasons one through 5

Quote Originally Posted by yogibear
    "big bang theory" dvd's seasons one through 5
    Nice. Don't you think the show got better once Amy and Bernadette were added as characters?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Nice. Don't you think the show got better once Amy and Bernadette were added as characters?
    Absolutely.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by yogibear View Post
    microsoft surface tablet computer
    Cool. How do you like it?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    yep its added more variety sexual tension jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Cool. How do you like it?
    its most cool but im used to the old fashioned stuff. the only things you can't do with these tablets is print and burn cd's without some other peripherals of which i iwll check into once i get used to it.