Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Art Zoyd 44.5 Anniversary Box And Tour

Waiting for the tax return, then I'll finally be able to order the box.

ART ZOYD

Long before such terms as "post-classical," post-rock" or "post-jazz" entered music's lexicon, the French band Art Zoyd, founded in 1969, shattered genre walls while embracing classical, rock, electronic and jazz influences and instrumentation, laying the groundwork for post-genre music of the 21st Century. Leader/ composer Gérard Hourbette died in May 2018, shortly after Cuneiform Records released 44 1/2,a box set of the band's live and unreleased works.

In September 2020, the Art Zoyd band presents its final two concerts: a tribute to Hourbette. The program, directed by Jérôme Sudan and titled "Et avec Votre esprit | La forêt de Samplers", features Hourbette's music performed by Art Zoyd (Yukari Bertocchi Hamada, Nadia Ratsimandresy, Jerôme Soudan, Romuald Cabardos, Daniel Koskowitz) and dance by Azusa Takeuchi.

September 4, 2020 - Le Phénix, Scene National - Boulevard Harpignies - Valenciennes, France (also broadcast live on Phenix’s Facebook page!!!)

September 8, 2020 - La Bâtie, Festival de Genève, Alhambra, Rue de la Rôtisserie 10, Geneva, Switzerland

----- -----

In mercenary news, we are down to our last few copies of the art zoyd box and if you want it, buy it NOW or forever regret it.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I wish I could get to one of those concerts. But I won't

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    In mercenary news, we are down to our last few copies of the art zoyd box and if you want it, buy it NOW or forever regret it.
    I'd say to anyone wavering about whether to get this, if you have the skinny you should go for it. If you like AZ then I can't see how you'd be disappointed. But even if you have your regrets, you'll most likely able to sell it and get your money back (and probably more, if you're so inclined) once it's OOP.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Valenciennes is an hour away from Brussels, but this Friday 4th, I will be North of Amsterdam (+/- 4.5 h drive)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I'm sadly not even allowed in those countries atm, not that I had a realistic chance to be there of course.

Shame to see such a great band end, but I suppose it was inevitable given the sad passing of Hourbette.

Hopefully they record it in some way.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post

I'd say to anyone wavering about whether to get this, if you have the skinny you should go for it. If you like AZ then I can't see how you'd be disappointed. But even if you have your regrets, you'll most likely able to sell it and get your money back (and probably more, if you're so inclined) once it's OOP.
    I second that emotion. This one is great and I know I always regret not getting this type of thing. FWIW.