Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not feeling well...

Thomas I'm just seeing this for the first time now - so I'll start praying for you now. My very best wishes for a healthy new year!

Glad to see your last two posts!

Kim
    Kim

Good to hear your back on the mend Thomas.

Plainsboro? Isn't that where Dr. House used to practice before he faked his own death and rode off into the sunset with Dr. Wilson?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Good to hear your back on the mend Thomas.

Plainsboro? Isn't that where Dr. House used to practice before he faked his own death and rode off into the sunset with Dr. Wilson?
    on TV it was a fictional hospital. An actual hospital in Plainsboro, NJ, didn't even open up until the TV show was off the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    I'm back home!!! Thank goodness, a computer keyboard that actually works! My doctors do believe it's acid reflux, but I'm going to schedule appointments with my heart docs as well as with a GI doctor. I've been more focused on a low sodium diet, and over the past year or so ate a LOT of foods that are highly acidic. Over the next week or so I'm cutting all that out completely, and then will gradually try a few things to see what I can actually have without feeling horrible. I'm going to take Nexium or something similar, along with occasional Maalox, which seemed to help in the hospital. I wont go to extremes with this and stop eating all the things I love, but some moderation wont be difficult. I just want to feel better, so I'll do what it takes, hopefully without any radical changes.
    So happy you are home again!
    Cargo of diamonds as you are: nothing more valuable, nothing more tough. - A. M. Beal

Glad everything worked out for you man !!!

You have to be careful about what you eat - - - I can no longer tolerate lots of stuff that I enjoyed in my younger days, it's a sad fact . . . but fairly easy to manage. The holidays are a tempting time of year to over indulge . . . that's for sure !!! jk

Got ya covered, bro.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by 80s were ok View Post
    I guess "good" is a relative term when talking about hospitals. One hopes you never get to experience how "good" or "nice" a hospital can be.
    Exactly! Now some of my doctors (I have way too many now) have offices either in the hospital or in attached buildings. This is so much better for me, as some of the old places were really not all that wheelchair accessible. Plus, in some cases I can plan more than one doctor visit in the same day. So the new place is a good thing, but yeah, I don't want too many visits there.

Quote Originally Posted by proggrl View Post
    Glad to hear you are back home, Thomas. Take it easy and no more scaring us.
    I scared myself! Went to work today and it was too bad. I have a ways to go and far too many dietary temptations, but I should be fine soon.

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Banned
    Don't worry about alcohol though http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20836084

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Don't worry about alcohol though http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20836084
    Yeah, I read that story! I'm just glad the doctors didn't tell me to give up alcohol. I don't drink much as it is, maybe a drink or two a couple times a month. But I did just treat myself to a post Christmas gift, a bottle of Johnnie Walker GREEN label! Can't wait to try this, but I will wait until I'm feeling more myself. Each day gets a little better. BTW, has anyone here ever had JW BLUE label? I'm a novice scotch drinker, so I don't think I'd appreciate it at this point, plus, it's over 200 bucks a bottle. But I already like Black label, and some single malt scotches. I think this bottle I bought of the green will last me a good decade with the way I drink.

Thomas, you need to join the scotch whisky group. There's an entire education there.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

SO relieved for you! It's amazing how unforgiving our anatomy is as we get older. I had a wake up call acouple years ago myself and now value my health more than ever, cheers to you and may this year turn out far better.
    Never play slap bass around bears, you'll make them VERY angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Grizzly Bear View Post
    SO relieved for you! It's amazing how unforgiving our anatomy is as we get older. I had a wake up call acouple years ago myself and now value my health more than ever, cheers to you and may this year turn out far better.
    Yeah, getting older sucks. Still, medical science keeps improving too, so all these little ailments are becoming more tolerable.

Thomas, you need to join the scotch whisky group. There's an entire education there.
    I just may do that. My brother that I see all the time is really getting into scotch, he's even gone to some tasting events and already know a lot more than I do about the subject. I still like my occasional craft brew and wine, but scotch seems to be the natural progression, and I already like it.

Jon Neudorf
    Good to hear you're feeling better Thomas.

Regards,
    Jon

How, pray tell, do you join? I'm enjoying some 18 year Glenfiddich as we type.

Thomas, are you sure it wasn't the Yankees' off-season that did this to you?

(Fellow Yankees fan here.)

I don't think it needs an invite. Just find us in the list of groups and join.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Thomas, are you sure it wasn't the Yankees' off-season that did this to you?

(Fellow Yankees fan here.)
    Nah, I don't ever get all worked up about off season moves, or lack there of.

Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    I had the 12 year variety at the Blue Note in NYC, first time I ever drank it, and I quite liked it.

I don't think it needs an invite. Just find us in the list of groups and join.
    It looks like it's an invite only sort of group.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    I had the 12 year variety at the Blue Note in NYC, first time I ever drank it, and I quite liked it.
    Yeah, I that's what I usually have, but I bought one of those small samplers to compare and contrast 12,15, and 18-year.

I put in a request to get some invites out.