Thread: translation from Norwegian needed

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar

translation from Norwegian needed

I am trying to read on a musician, but my Norwegian is not that good and the translator on my Kindle is pretty sketchy. I appreciate any help (heck-you guys probably know him anyway )

Https://no.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/knut_magne_valle
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

for the record, I used a translator on part and it was a gobbledy gook mess
    Last edited by Rune Blackwings; 06-30-2015 at 08:52 AM. Reason: gobble gobble

Suspended
    It says "My hovercraft is full of eels."

Your link doesn't work, so I looked it up myself (hope I got the right site)

That's what my translater says

Knut Magne Valle (born August 5, 1974) is a Norwegian heavy metal guitarist, songwriter, composer, recording studio owner, record producer and music arranger.

Valle living in Gjerstad, Aust-Agder. In 1990 he started Gjerstad Rock club. He went on Vefsn Folkehøyskole studying music with specialization in sound engineering in 1992. In 1996/1997 he studied at the Music Instrument Academy (MIA) in Moss. He has been a music teacher in Sunde Junior for 3 years, and is now guitar teacher at the Guitar Academy.

He runs Prestfoss Crusher sound and music studio, and organizes an annual festival Molla. He has produced music for over 50 different bands, at home and abroad. He also makes his own guitars. He previously ran Jester Records recording studio in Oslo, with bands such as Mayhem, Arcturus, Wolves customer list.

In 2011 Valle awarded Gjerstad Municipality Culture Award for 2011 for its longstanding efforts with Molla Festival and volunteering for musical and youth in the municipality. [1] The mayor of Gjerstad stated including by awarding:

Quote What primarily interests year's recipient of the Culture Award is the music genre. We are talking about a well-established and accomplished musician and composer. He also arranges music. The festival is entirely based on volunteer work and volunteer efforts - both from the organizers, helpers and musicians ....... festival has quickly become widely known and put Gjerstad map in music circles worldwide ...... The studio is in Today the highest established. Musicians from around the world come here and has used his expertise and his studio to record discs. It's recorded over 200 productions in the studio. World famous bands and Fiddler Award winners have been in the studio and recorded their albums.

Thanks! I just learned of this guy and was curious about his accomplishments. Not much on him in English and he is totally absent from English versions of Wikipedia.

I am beginning to think of who this band reminds me of....
    https://flic.kr/p/iw2PSZ
    https://flic.kr/p/iw2Ls5
    Last edited by Rune Blackwings; 08-05-2015 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Fucking Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    It says "My hovercraft is full of eels."
    I was going to go with "Drink a pint of milk a day" (something Judas Priest once said, I think about backmasking) but yours is better. Much, much better. I should have thought of it.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

It says "It's Tuesday. I got to call my Mudder." (Spoken in a drawn out fashion, of course.)

I got part of an article, but when I tried to run it through a translator, it sounded garbled

"GJERSTAD: 112.000 kroner vil Agder Energi ha for å koble 29-åringens kulturhus og lydverksted til kraftnettet. -Et slikt økonomisk løft klarer jeg ikke, sier Gjerstad-ildsjel Knut Magne Valle."

Also, what is "Papiravis fredag og lørdag, eAvis og full
    digital tilgang alle dager" and "Papiravis, eAvis og full digital tilgang alle dager"?

"GJERSTAD: 112.000 kroner vil Agder Energi ha for å koble 29-åringens kulturhus og lydverksted til kraftnettet. -Et slikt økonomisk løft klarer jeg ikke, sier Gjerstad-ildsjel Knut Magne Valle."

Gjerstad {town] Agder energy [supply company] wants 112.00 kr [approx 20 K $] to connect the the 29 years old culturhouse and soundlab to the energy net. "I dont have money like that says the Gjerstad-fiery soul Knut Magne Valle.

Papiravis is the physical newspaper fridag and saturday, eavis - is the online version, full digital tillgang alle dager, means you can read it online all days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    "The power company Agder Energi wants 112.000 NKr to connect the 29 years old cultural centre and audio workshop to the power grid. - Such a requirement (such a financial boost - unclear) I can't handle, says the Gjerstad enthusiast Knut Magne Valle."

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    Also, what is "Papiravis fredag og lørdag, eAvis og full digital tilgang alle dager" ?
    "Paper edition Friday and Saturday, ePaper and full digital access all days."
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Takk! That makes sense. When I ran through a translator, it was incoherent.