Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: RIP Chris Squire

Last edited by Rand Kelly; 07-22-2015 at 08:12 AM.

I love everything of the Keystudio stuff. I admit. some of the lyrics on "That, That Is" are pretty dodgy, but that's our Jon for ya.

But I find myself reaching for the Keystudio comp (more convenient than playing the studio tracks off the KtA albums) a whole lot.
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Listening to the Drama bonus tracks. What a hell of an album. Trevor Horn kills on this album.
    One of my favourites is the original demo for "(Have We Really Got To) Go Through This", before Horn added vocals for the tour. What a rocking tune that was shaping up to be! Should have been on Drama, as there was plenty of room for it.
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    "Children Of Light" is great too (both the KTA2 and Keystudio versions). Personally, I love "Be The One" and "That, That Is", and listen to them quite often. More so than "Mind Drive", although that's good too.
    I sort of liked both Keys albums but thought there wasn't much creativity. Sort of a "paint by numbers" Yes.

I was also distracted by the heavy keyboard sound. I'd smile and thnk "OK, Rick, we know you are here."

Before this thread vanishes….

as I said in another thread…

"Ritual" is pure Bliss Squire from beginning to end. I was watching the live "Symphonic" version where Chris just rocks the hell out of the middle section with his improvisations. He's just on some higher plane of musical energy when he goes on that tear of his -- you can feel the rush of joy coming out of his fingers.

We're really gonna miss you, Fish.

"Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

YES! (No doubt about it!)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post

"Ritual" is pure Bliss Squire from beginning to end. I was watching the live "Symphonic" version where Chris just rocks the hell out of the middle section with his improvisations. He's just on some higher plane of musical energy when he goes on that tear of his -- you can feel the rush of joy coming out of his fingers.

Vanishes? You can't stop Yes and you can't stop a Yes thread. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post

Wow. I haven't seen that in a long time, and never isolated like that.

Excuse me while I clear some dust out of my eye...
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

(transferred from facebook)2 hr.
    Scotland Squire
    18 hrs ·
    Thank you to everyone for your messages. I am still in shock. I still cannot believe this is real so I don't know what to say yet only thank you. -- Scotland
    Like Comment Share
    Flora Pinto, Petie Lee Guerrero, Jonathan Schang and 426 others like this.
    1 share
    54 of 107
    View previous comments

Steve Verducci Chris gave us all so much, and left a musical legacy that will go on forever. I wish you peace and comfort, and extend loving thoughts to your family. Thank you for sharing him with all of us.
    Like · Reply · 17 hrs

Kim Goldsberry Lots of love from the Black Hills...
    Like · Reply · 17 hrs

James Mauk Chris Squire was such an incredible influence on me in every way musically. I wish the best for you Scotland. He was amazing! He is so missed by so many. An incredible legacy. Fish Out of Water!!!
    Like · Reply · 17 hrs

Peter Rajaniemi I am so sorry for you and Xilan. You are in my thoughts.
    Like · Reply · 17 hrs

Richard Amerling We are with you. Much love.
    Like · Reply · 17 hrs

Joel Simches heart emoticon heart emoticon heart emoticon heart emoticon heart emoticon
    Like · Reply · 17 hrs · Edited

Tim Tobish Much love to you and Xilan Scottie. From me and all the Liquor Locusts.
    Like · Reply · 16 hrs

Benjamin Rupe Here for you, Scotty.
    Like · Reply · 16 hrs

Claudio Daniel Pesavento Love you Scotty and Xilan
    Wish you well
    I can't believe this either...See More
    Like · Reply · 16 hrs

John Allgaier Scotland, I offer my deepest condolences to you and Xilan. Know you have the well wishes of all Chris fans. It is hard for us to realize it too.....
    Like · Reply · 16 hrs

Lorie Jackson
    Like · Reply · 16 hrs

Diane Hetherington Dougherty Completely Understand So sorry. He was truly very Special. His music always made me feel Happy. Especially at times when I didn't feel happy. #Amazing#Steadfast#bass angel#Christopher#Bethlehem#WeHaveHeaven
    Like · Reply · 16 hrs

Frank DeMaio Peace and Love!!!!
    Like · Reply · 16 hrs

Thomas Pappas My deepest and heartfelt condolences to you and Xilan. Chris will be missed, but never forgotten. He was my inspiration since i first heard him sing and play the bass. My wedding song was Onward.
    Thomas Pappas's photo.
    Like · Reply · 1 · 15 hrs

Francisco Neira my heart goes out with you Scotty, sending you a big hug from a hard core fan of Chris from Ecuador, Sout America.
    Like · Reply · 15 hrs

Alison Reynolds So sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose someone so close. Hugs and prayers.

Rick Salmeron We love you all. Just know that.

Richard Stellar Trying to get in touch with you.
    Like · Reply · 14 hrs

Doug Olias Vencill Blessings, healing & All The Love Of The Universe to you, Xilan & Cameron at this terrible time, Scotty. We are with you in spirit & lift you up as part of your worldwide family.
    Like · Reply · 14 hrs

Massimo Tassone RYKE HAMER: www.newmedicine.ca/german-new-medicine.php
    See Translation

Introduction to Dr. Hamer's German New Medicine
    That there is a connection between the psyche and disease...
    NEWMEDICINE.CA
    Like · Reply · 14 hrs

Tim Longfellow God bless. Continued prayers and condolences.
    Like · Reply · 14 hrs

Franck Silva Mes condoléances madame. Un grand fan de France.
    Franck
    See Translation
    Like · Reply · 14 hrs

Angus Gulliver Condolences from a long time fan of Chris.
    Like · Reply · 13 hrs

John McKay Le gràdh, Alba xx
    Like · Reply · 13 hrs

Adrian Cedillo Scotty, we think so much of you and Xilan in this hards moments, thousands of CS fans prayers for you, love and hugs from México city.
    Like · Reply · 13 hrs

Bradley M. Stone My deepest condolences, and gratitude for the decades of music Chris gave us.
    Like · Reply · 1 · 13 hrs

Douglas Walsh Always here for you!
    Like · Reply · 13 hrs

Gil Disatnik Dear Scotty.
    Chris probably had no idea who am I (and he still added me as a friend, because he was a great guy!)
    Chris has made a profound impact on my life....See More
    Like · Reply · 3 · 13 hrs

Francesco Losurdo
    Like · Reply · 13 hrs

Fiona Stacey Much love xx
    Like · Reply · 13 hrs

Catherine Wightwick Hugs to you.
    Like · Reply · 12 hrs

Arturo Bonsignore GRAZIE!

See Translation
    Like · Reply · 12 hrs

Vilius Ančeris Painful missing. Hold on! Love from Klaipeda (LT)
    Like · Reply · 12 hrs

Martin Ashford Much love and support from Wales. Chris will be sorely missed.
    Like · Reply · 12 hrs

Brian Sandison x
    Like · Reply · 12 hrs

Simon Bourne Big hugs! X
    Like · Reply · 12 hrs

Paul Wizbat Watson Time will heal, stay strong, chris was my inspiration to play and my basses were built as custom versions of his RM1999 bass..
    Like · Reply · 12 hrs

Tommy Stewart He lives on in a million minds, every time a yessong is played, every single day.
    Like · Reply · 1 · 12 hrs

Nick Smith Chris is still with you in spirit, he is eternal, sending you love and light xxxx
    Like · Reply · 12 hrs

John Armes Love and strength to you all.
    Like · Reply · 12 hrs

Jeremy Paul Carroll Xx
    Like · Reply · 12 hrs

Nick Loebner Sending love.
    Like · Reply · 12 hrs

Sukradevi Ishaya That shock will last a good long time, so much love all directed to on place is so powerful. Lots of Love, we all miss him but not in the same way as you. Thank you for your strength and for sharing with us. ♡♡♡
    Like · Reply · 11 hrs

Mauro Mondiello Hugs, Scotland.
    Like · Reply · 11 hrs

Jónas Rafnar Ingason heart emoticon
    Like · Reply · 11 hrs

Wayne Mesker Empathy & Prayers
    Like · Reply · 11 hrs

Daniel Austen Our hearts go out to you. Do let me know if there's a memorial over here in the UK for Chris Squire that I can go to, Dan from the 606 Jazz Club
    Like · Reply · 2 · 11 hrs

Sarah Turchin Sending you much love and light Scotland. It is still so very hard to believe that chris is now in heaven.The love he has given to you and all his friends, family, fans ,and the yes band will hold the memory of his music, his laugh, and his love of lif...See More
    Like · Reply · 8 hrs

Gabriel Costa Ferraro Big hugh from Argentina. Hope you will find some comfort with all this love.
    Like · Reply · 7 hrs

Doug Parsley Thank you, Scotland, for sharing Chris with the rest of us. We wish you strength and comfort.
    Like · Reply · 7 hrs

George Bertha My God be with you, Scotland and yours in your time of need.
    Like · Reply · 3 hrs

Deb Wiggins We still hold Chris in our hearts and minds with abundant love and we have his brilliant music to spin our ears and souls with the pure delight he gave us. Love and light to you and yours, Scotland.
    Like · Reply · 3 hrs

Kc McBride heart emoticon heart emoticon heart emoticon Much love to you and Xilan Squire, will forever remember Chris and all his good work.
    Like · Reply · 1 hr

Pamela Lasek Giana I'm so sorry for your loss, cherish the memories of Chris and hold them close to your heart. He has left you with the precious gift of Xilan, hold her tight and find comfort in each other. Al and I send our love to you both xo
    Like · Reply · 50 mins
    Rand Kelly

You have to register to read this. It's free and just type in your email and you are in. Jon Kirkman is very close to Yes for decades. http://prog.teamrock.com/features/20...l-rememberance

This is from facebook. As you know Xilan Squire is the name on the account,but it is Scotty aka Scotland telling the tale. Xilan Squire
    1 hr · Edited ·
    In 2013 Chris was diagnosed with aggressive prostate cancer. He had to have radiation therapy for months. During that time he said, "Scotty I want to take Xilan to preschool and pick her up and do as much with her as I can." So Xi went to her preschool and Chris took her and picked her up and I didn't go to her preschool. (For some strange reason people in the local preschool didn't know who Chris was or what he did...I think it was the swim shoes he always wore that threw them off.) One day Chris came home from picking Xi up and he said, "Scotty, this mum gave me her phone number - I think she wants our kids to have a play date together." I asked Chris who her kid was. Chris said, "Oh, I don't know who her kid is she never told me." I said, "I don't think she wants to have our kids have a playdate...I think she wanted a play date with you." Sure enough, the one day I did go and pick up Xilan all the mums were so confused and said to me that they thought Chris was a single parent with this cute little kid. I bummed out a bunch of mums when they found out he actually had a wife and wasn't a single dad that they could eventually themselves have a play date with. Scotland Squire.

Oh poor Chris, I never realised he had been through one bout against cancer already, his last few years really must have been fraught with worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    Oh poor Chris, I never realised he had been through one bout against cancer already, his last few years really must have been fraught with worry.
    Me neither. I am blown away by this man's ability to persevere through so many walls.

Celebrating Chris Squire Thread.

Xilan Squire
    8 hrs ·
    As many of you have realized, I've hijacked Xilan's Facebook page for the time being. Usually, this Facebook page would be just for Xi's pics and what she has to say about things, but the two of us are now using this to share and receive pictures and stories about Chris that are helping us heal and deal with our loss.
    Like Comment Share

Xilan Squire
    1 hr · Edited ·
    I have a mild obsession, ok, no, it’s a full on out of control obsession with true murder mystery stories on tv i.e. Dateline, 48 Hours: Hard Evidence, Investigative Discovery channel, Forensic files, etc.
    Chris used to get upset at me and ask me to quit watching shows where people have murdered their spouse or partner because he thought I was going to get “ideas”. So the joke at our house used to be that one day I really hoped to get my own Dateline murder mystery special. And of course, we all know that if I got my own Dateline special what that meant - Chris would have to go "bye-bye" and it wouldn't have been in a pleasant way….(at least that’s how it was in my Dateline special.) So, whenever Chris and I would have an argument or Chris would piss me off I used to say to him, “Do you want me to get my Dateline special sooner rather than later? Do you?” So it was a joke at our house.
    When Chris was in the ICU at the Mayo clinic, and I guess deep inside somewhere in us we knew it wasn’t going well for him and he might not be around much longer, he turned to me in all seriousness and said, “Scotty, I love you and I’m really sorry that I’m going to deprive you of your Dateline NBC special and I’m going to go "this" way and you won’t get to murder me and try to get away with it. I’m really sorry.” I just took a deep breath and looked up at him and said…”It’s not too late, I can smother you with a pillow right now and see if they figure it out.” We just started laughing and he said….OK, if you need to go ahead.
    But that was how much he loved me. In the very end he was worried that I wasn’t going to get my Dateline special or be featured on the ID channel. How cool was he...I love him.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    His wife's name is Xilan?

His kid.

I had no idea about the prostate cancer either. Amazing that he kept on performing at all. I know Yes' latter-day live prowess is often under question but it seemed Chris always performed at a high standard.

Oh my! What a mixture of feelings that photo evokes! She is adorable and seeing her with his Ric is precious but of course my heart sinks knowing that she has lost her father.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    Oh my! What a mixture of feelings that photo evokes! She is adorable and seeing her with his Ric is precious but of course my heart sinks knowing that she has lost her father.
    I know. You can't tell if she's happy or sad here. Melancholy expression from a 6 year old princess. From what I hear that bass is now her's,Scotty said it was her new gift. Breaks your heart to see this but there is a ton of love here too.

Heavy

Jon Neudorf
    Wow...words escape me right now.

Regards,
    Jon