Thread: James Horner RIP

James Horner RIP

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ane-crash.html

Bought his Willow-soundtrack a long time ago. Most soundtracks have quite short tracks, but this one has a couple of epics.

Most people know him for Titanic (which sold something like 27 million copies) and Avatar, but he was around way before that. His score for Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan is nothing short of badass. RIP.

Just over a week ago I picked up "Battle Beyond the Stars" on CD; after hearing the news I went ahead and ordered "Humanoids from the Deep". Great composer! --Peter

He was absolutely one of the best ever. Sad to see him go.
    RIP James
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

His score to A New World is just beautiful and will make a fitting tribute. (Also worth noting that he worked closely with Ian Underwood of Mothers fame).

I first came across him because I collect Star Trek soundtracks (I know - I'm a wild 'n' crazy guy) and while his contribution here wasn't to Jerry Goldsmith standard it was pretty impressive. So I sort of followed him after that.

Krull, ST 2 & 3, Searching for Bobby Fisher, A Beautiful Mind - these are all great pieces of work.

Vale.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

The score that really impressed me was 'Beautiful Mind'. The music at the film's intro is breathtaking.