Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 393

Thread: Who here is still releasing new music?

  1. #326
    I'm still out there plugging away

    Finished an EP as a gift to my partner for her birthday last week. She is happy to have me share it with others. Not terribly proggy, more orchestral than anything, but I'm still darn happy with it and happy that she loved it. I think this is the "anchor" tune so maybe folks here won't hate this too much.

    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

    Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

  2. #327
    Member pstrawser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Bremen, Georgia
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I'm still out there plugging away

    Finished an EP as a gift to my partner for her birthday last week. She is happy to have me share it with others. Not terribly proggy, more orchestral than anything, but I'm still darn happy with it and happy that she loved it. I think this is the "anchor" tune so maybe folks here won't hate this too much.

    Beautiful stuff John! The piano sounds fantastic! As does the rest of the orchestration.....love it! Can't wait to hear the rest of it!

  3. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by pstrawser View Post
    Beautiful stuff John! The piano sounds fantastic! As does the rest of the orchestration.....love it! Can't wait to hear the rest of it!
    Awww damn, thanks Pat. Means a ton coming from you The whole EP is actually available via a link in the description because apparently I love being obtuse...but here's a more direct link for the curious:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG-T9ls3ZRg


    (Also, on a more personal note, I still owe you a reply to your last email...it's been a bonkers morning around here! )
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

    Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

  4. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I'm still out there plugging away

    Finished an EP as a gift to my partner for her birthday last week. She is happy to have me share it with others. Not terribly proggy, more orchestral than anything, but I'm still darn happy with it and happy that she loved it. I think this is the "anchor" tune so maybe folks here won't hate this too much.

    Beautiful. Would do great as a soundtrack. Very interested to hear the rest of the album. What instruments did you use? I like the sound in the opening.


    I'm currently working on an old composition. Did it for video-art with 4 tracks played by a Roland TB-303, which I had to start at the right time, everytime. It was connected with my Roland System 100 Model 101 and partly just functioned as a sequencer. Still had the sheet-music of the sequencer-tracks and the chords.
    Last edited by Rarebird; 03-26-2024 at 11:54 AM.

  5. #330
    Member pstrawser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Bremen, Georgia
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Awww damn, thanks Pat. Means a ton coming from you The whole EP is actually available via a link in the description because apparently I love being obtuse...but here's a more direct link for the curious:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG-T9ls3ZRg


    (Also, on a more personal note, I still owe you a reply to your last email...it's been a bonkers morning around here! )
    No worries dude....same thing around here!

    Ooooooh yesssss.....dude I did find the link to the whole EP mere seconds after posting this! So nice man! Very chill and relaxing....perfect for a rainy day down here in the south! And the sound design/production sounds exquisite! Need to pick yer brain! Well done!

  6. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by pstrawser View Post
    So nice man! Very chill and relaxing....perfect for a rainy day down here in the south! And the sound design/production sounds exquisite! Need to pick yer brain! Well done!
    Again....HUGELY flattered and grateful for the kind words, sir

    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Beautiful. Would do great as a soundtrack. Very interested to hear the rest of the album. What instruments did you use? I like the sound in the opening.

    I'm currently working on an old composition. Did it for video-art with 4 tracks played by a Roland TB-303, which I had to start at the right time, everytime. It was connected with my Roland System 100 Model 101 and partly just functioned as a sequencer. Still had the sheet-music of the sequencer-tracks and the chords.
    Always happy to hear something new from you! Looking forward to it already

    The synth tone that is kind of prominent at the start is something simple I whipped up in Cherry Audio's Sines; it morphs very gradually throughout the song but mostly stays in the background to be honest.

    The remainder of the song is an assortment of different stuff: many of the choir and percussion parts are from Spitfire libraries. The primary strings were Omnisphere (while I think Spitfire's individual string instruments are excellent, I think other tools like Omnisphere offer better large ensemble pads). I think the piano is the Arturia Piano-V (I initially tried using one of the Spitfire piano libraries but found they didn't sit well in the mix). Oh, and there are bits of the Cherry Audio GX-80 and Lowdown in there as well, patches that I threw together to get the job done.

    And thanks for your kind words as well!!
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

    Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

  7. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Again....HUGELY flattered and grateful for the kind words, sir



    Always happy to hear something new from you! Looking forward to it already

    The synth tone that is kind of prominent at the start is something simple I whipped up in Cherry Audio's Sines; it morphs very gradually throughout the song but mostly stays in the background to be honest.

    The remainder of the song is an assortment of different stuff: many of the choir and percussion parts are from Spitfire libraries. The primary strings were Omnisphere (while I think Spitfire's individual string instruments are excellent, I think other tools like Omnisphere offer better large ensemble pads). I think the piano is the Arturia Piano-V (I initially tried using one of the Spitfire piano libraries but found they didn't sit well in the mix). Oh, and there are bits of the Cherry Audio GX-80 and Lowdown in there as well, patches that I threw together to get the job done.

    And thanks for your kind words as well!!
    I ment that percussive sound, that sounds a bit like the percussive sound in Save a prayer from Duran Duran.

    I need to think of an ending for the new version of the old piece. Originally it was just cut of when the video ended.
    I'm using quite some Cherry Audio and Arturia stuff in it:
    Cherry Audio CA2600
    HALion Sonic Ionica Sketch
    Cherry Audio Miniverse
    Arturia Mini V3
    Cherry Audio PS-20 (2 tracks)
    Cherry Audio Mercury 4 (2 tracks)
    Cherry Audio Synthesizer Expander Module
    Arturia Analog Lab V (Yamaha DX7)

  8. #333
    Ah, ok! It's from a Spitfire library: Cinematic Percussion if memory serves

  9. #334
    Yes... I usually do instrumentals only, since I can do it all myself, but I made an exception here


  10. #335
    Member pstrawser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Bremen, Georgia
    Posts
    116
    I just released a new record today called "Memories of Roosterville." It's only on Bandcamp and YouTube at the moment. Was going for a Canterbury and fusion-inspired vibe for most of this (like Pat Metheny meets National Health or something), with synth-heavy Tangerine Dream/Vangelis-esque moments. Hope ya'll enjoy it!


  11. #336
    When the pandemic started I had more free time and I spent some of that re-learning the guitar and how to use Logic Pro. When I was a teenager in the 00s, I spent a lot of time alone, in my bedroom, recording music with terrible microphones and Cubase. I never really shared any of that music with anyone before and I lost most of those recordings through hard drive mishaps and moving around.

    So I’ve been trying to get back some of that spark that I had back then, but this time I want to risk the chance that someone else might hear this stuff.

    If you are interested and want to enter this weird world of mine take a listen.

    Expect something like Steve Howe’s Homebrew series + Wire. My inspiration for sound engineering is Peter Hammill's "In Camera" and Todd's A Wizard, a True Star. You’ve been warned!


  12. #337
    Member The Czar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Twin Peaks
    Posts
    808
    My most progressive sounding project

    https://myoldestfriend.bandcamp.com/...lling-the-salt

  13. #338
    I finished an album of my weirdness recently. Don’t judge it by the first track. Hah
    https://bakullama1.bandcamp.com/album/sleepers-2024
    Still alive and well...
    https://bakullama1.bandcamp.com/

  14. #339
    Quote Originally Posted by moorgladery View Post
    When the pandemic started I had more free time and I spent some of that re-learning the guitar and how to use Logic Pro. When I was a teenager in the 00s, I spent a lot of time alone, in my bedroom, recording music with terrible microphones and Cubase. I never really shared any of that music with anyone before and I lost most of those recordings through hard drive mishaps and moving around.

    So I’ve been trying to get back some of that spark that I had back then, but this time I want to risk the chance that someone else might hear this stuff.

    If you are interested and want to enter this weird world of mine take a listen.

    Expect something like Steve Howe’s Homebrew series + Wire. My inspiration for sound engineering is Peter Hammill's "In Camera" and Todd's A Wizard, a True Star. You’ve been warned!

    (trying to make good on a promise to myself to be better about listening to more member stuff on PE)

    I enjoyed this...in places it reminded me of stuff like Hammock and other shoegazers.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

    Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

  15. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    (trying to make good on a promise to myself to be better about listening to more member stuff on PE)

    I enjoyed this...in places it reminded me of stuff like Hammock and other shoegazers.
    Thanks! I will have to look into Hammock. I checked out your epic Festival of Change. My favorite parts are about 10 minutes in and then the last 3 or so minutes. I don't know much about Hornsby, but, wow, you've got the Yes and Genesis influences down pat. It also has a kind of 90s energy -- certain parts remind me of the preciseness of Japanese jazz fusion.

  16. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    I finished an album of my weirdness recently. Don’t judge it by the first track. Hah
    https://bakullama1.bandcamp.com/album/sleepers-2024
    I like the Fripp-esque guitar on There walks a Man. ( Butchers Cut )

  17. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    My most progressive sounding project

    https://myoldestfriend.bandcamp.com/...lling-the-salt
    I wish '98 sounded more like this! Definitely can hear the Red influence. I may have that bass line stuck in my head for a while.

  18. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by moorgladery View Post
    I like the Fripp-esque guitar on There walks a Man. ( Butchers Cut )
    That guitar is played by my friend Kalvin Foster. He’s only 24 years old, and believe it or not he has never even heard of Fripp. He’s a very creative player. He is now on board for future projects. Thanks for listening !!!
    Last edited by Nijinsky Hind; 04-15-2024 at 09:53 AM.
    Still alive and well...
    https://bakullama1.bandcamp.com/

  19. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    I finished an album of my weirdness recently. Don’t judge it by the first track. Hah
    https://bakullama1.bandcamp.com/album/sleepers-2024
    I listened to this too, although with an album as eclectic and widely-varied it's hard to offer a solid first impression But I dig it, lots of interesting ideas and quirky surprises from song to song. And I like the vox on The Waves FWIW
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

    Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

  20. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I listened to this too, although with an album as eclectic and widely-varied it's hard to offer a solid first impression But I dig it, lots of interesting ideas and quirky surprises from song to song. And I like the vox on The Waves FWIW
    I could not have asked for a nicer compliment. Thank You. I’ve also been listening to your stuff on bandcamp over the last few months and it is very very good. Wingsuit stood out for me especially.
    Still alive and well...
    https://bakullama1.bandcamp.com/

  21. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    I could not have asked for a nicer compliment. Thank You.
    Wow, you're super welcome!

    Thanks for the various kind mentions of Festival too Guess I'd better do a follow-up one of these years
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

    Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

  22. #347
    Member pstrawser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Bremen, Georgia
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by moorgladery View Post
    When the pandemic started I had more free time and I spent some of that re-learning the guitar and how to use Logic Pro. When I was a teenager in the 00s, I spent a lot of time alone, in my bedroom, recording music with terrible microphones and Cubase. I never really shared any of that music with anyone before and I lost most of those recordings through hard drive mishaps and moving around.

    So I’ve been trying to get back some of that spark that I had back then, but this time I want to risk the chance that someone else might hear this stuff.

    If you are interested and want to enter this weird world of mine take a listen.

    Expect something like Steve Howe’s Homebrew series + Wire. My inspiration for sound engineering is Peter Hammill's "In Camera" and Todd's A Wizard, a True Star. You’ve been warned!

    Love the vibe you've got going here! Sounds kinda cinematic and wistful. Great stuff!

  23. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    My most progressive sounding project

    https://myoldestfriend.bandcamp.com/...lling-the-salt
    I really liked this track. Great bass line and the song flows well.
    Still alive and well...
    https://bakullama1.bandcamp.com/

  24. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by pstrawser View Post
    Love the vibe you've got going here! Sounds kinda cinematic and wistful. Great stuff!
    Flowing down has a surfy detuned vibe that I like a lot. This track is worthy of an extended and perhaps vocal version.
    Still alive and well...
    https://bakullama1.bandcamp.com/

  25. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    Flowing down has a surfy detuned vibe that I like a lot. This track is worthy of an extended and perhaps vocal version.
    Thank you both so much. I'll keep working on these tracks!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •