Thread: Tiger Moth Tales - Story Tellers - video of new track and interview

Tiger Moth Tales - Story Tellers - video of new track and interview

With the release of the new Tiger Moth Tales album 'Story Tellers Part One' on June 29th, here is a video of the track 'Beauty Falls' and an interview with Pete Jones discussing how the album for conceived.

I love his previous effort..."Cocoon"....and this sounds promising. Can't wait for the rest.

Be Bop!

Can't wait for the new one!!!

Tiger Moth Tales new album/video and ordering details

As Story Tellers has now been released (and already selling rather well) I thought I'd post part two of the Sleeping Beauty trilogy of videos I've made.

If you'd like to get a hard copy they are available here with free postage to anywhere in the world.
    http://www.whiteknightshop.co.uk/page24.htm
    Also, if you're a downloader, click the following link where you can check out a few tracks and download the album.
    https://tigermothtales.bandcamp.com/...llers-part-one

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Is the album only available as a download?

Nope, I got the CD from White Knight Records.

Ok, somehow I missed that in the post right above my own!
    Nevermind...

Thanks for the reminder! I just ordered a copy.

Open post....insert foot. mpoll's Avatar
    I think Pete Jones is a great talent. He has, so far, managed to keep a sense of wonder and playfulness in his Prog craft. Listening brings one back to a time when we all initially had those qualities; the result for me is simultaneous feelings of wistful nostalgia and remembered joy. Listening to Pete's music is quite the unique experience (and I'm referring to both "Cocoon" and "Story Tellers, Part One"). A 'thumbs up' for each!
    "Be Well... Prog On!"

"The Progressive Tracks Show" on KPTZ 91.9 FM / KPTZ.org - Sundays at 5:00 AM and Mondays at 9:00 PM (Pacific Times)
    also on Progzilla Radio / Progzilla.com in the UK - Saturdays at 6:30 PM and Mondays at 2:30 PM (Pacific Times)

I really enjoyed seeing Pete perform live last week, supporting Magenta, he has so much talent, and I couldn't quite fathom how he could play the guitar, with it laying flat across the top of his keyboard, so unconventional, but so good too.

I really enjoyed Cocoon, the whimsical aspects fit perfectly with the music. I have played Storytellers a few times this week and it is more of the same, so thumbs up to that. I am however not entirely sure the humorous voices and fairy tale stories subject matter will bear a great many repeats for me, it's just not quite my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    I have played Storytellers a few times this week and it is more of the same, so thumbs up to that. I am however not entirely sure the humorous voices and fairy tale stories subject matter will bear a great many repeats for me, it's just not quite my thing.
    I can understand that point of view especially regarding 'A Kids Tale'. I guess that style is certainly not for everyone. But I urge you to be open minded about 'The Piper'. In my opinion it's the high point of the album and extremely clever.

I was at the Borderline for the Magenta gig as well, and Peter Jones is a real entertainer and well as being a very accomplished keyboard and guitar player.

Based on the concert, I bought a copy of the album from the nice young lady at the merch desk. I know I'm only just catching up, but the album is excellent.

I keep meaning to download Cocoon, and now I have to get this, too. Such an impressive guy.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by kris View Post
    I can understand that point of view especially regarding 'A Kids Tale'. I guess that style is certainly not for everyone.
    It's the album's own "Hare that Lost it's Spectacles."