Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061 LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1502

Thread: Walking Dead Thread V.3

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    It was a snoozer. I concur re: the open jackets and selectiveness toward "frozen" zombies.

But the funniest part was showing Alpha and Beta back at Epsilon Kappa Theta...and there's NO snow. They can't be that far from the so-called Kingdom or the other places. Was it supposed to be a flashback? Didn't seem like it.
    Agree, I thought the implication of the Alpha / Beta scene was that they had moved south to avoid the snow, but yea they would have had to have moved a long way in a short period of time in order for the weather to be that much better.

I also did not understand why they all left the Kingdom either. I get it that their resources were supposedly running low, but they did not appear to be going anywhere before the fair, so why would they all have to leave after the fair, especially in the middle of a blinding snow storm?

The Carol and Ezikeal break up did not make much sense either.

Overall I thought this season was a step up from the last few, but it still had it's fair share of really dumb episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Agree, I thought the implication of the Alpha / Beta scene was that they had moved south to avoid the snow, but yea they would have had to have moved a long way in a short period of time in order for the weather to be that much better.

I also did not understand why they all left the Kingdom either. I get it that their resources were supposedly running low, but they did not appear to be going anywhere before the fair, so why would they all have to leave after the fair, especially in the middle of a blinding snow storm?

The Carol and Ezikeal break up did not make much sense either.

Overall I thought this season was a step up from the last few, but it still had it's fair share of really dumb episodes.
    Haven't the foggiest. What was Ezekiel trying to tell Daryl? To steer clear? It sounded the way a guy talks when he thinks another guy's a threat to his relationship.

Add to that, half of the walkers were supposedly frozen in place, but then they encounter more walkers (buried in snow no less) that were not frozen and moving around just fine. Seems like if it was really that cold, that a walker, wandering around in the elements would be frozen solid. I mean, they are literally walking human steaks.
    They were so frozen, in fact, that when hit in the head, it was like glass shattering. And yet, others were moving around just fine?

Haven't the foggiest. What was Ezekiel trying to tell Daryl? To steer clear? It sounded the way a guy talks when he thinks another guy's a threat to his relationship.
    IKR? That's how I took it, too. From what we've seen, Carol has never once showed any romantic interest toward Daryl. Why Ezekiel suddenly gets jealous was a total mystery.

And why does Carol feel she needs to go to Alexandria?

BTW, I know it's become commonplace in movies/TV, but if any of you ever find yourself writing a script or directing something please remember this: the phrase "over and out" is a contradiction in terms. From the Oxford dictionary:

Over - In radio communication: used to indicate that the speaker has finished speaking and is awaiting a reply.
    Out - In radio communication: used to indicate the end of a message, when the speaker has finished speaking and expects no reply.

So, to say "over and out" means you're both expecting and not expecting a reply.

There's a similar thing with asap. As with many odd terms that enter the vernacular, this came from the military. It's pronounced as a word: a-sap. Why people started spelling it out is mystery but is typical of stupid Hollywood-isms.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    That was the last straw. I'm pretty sure I'm bailing at this point.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    That was the last straw. I'm pretty sure I'm bailing at this point.
    I want to, but I just can't with all the time I have invested in this crap! I'm at the point where I have it on while doing other things.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I want to, but I just can't with all the time I have invested in this crap!
    lol. That's how I'm feeling.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

It was a snoozer. I concur re: the open jackets and selectiveness toward "frozen" zombies.

But the funniest part was showing Alpha and Beta back at Epsilon Kappa Theta...and there's NO snow. They can't be that far from the so-called Kingdom or the other places. Was it supposed to be a flashback? Didn't seem like it.
    I thought it was a flash-forward - possibly some weeks after the storm.

To the people questioning the Virginia weather - yes, it can snow like that in the DC area, definitely. However, the winters are generally mild and the snow would probably melt after not all that long. So the "flash-forward" would not need to be all that far forward.

But wasn't this, like, the 5th or 6th winter that these folks have experienced in Virginia? They appear to have made it through all the others without great difficulty...

Random TWD zombie mythology observation: if brain death is the only way to kill a zombie, then I would think that being actually frozen would kill them, as all of the blood vessels in the brain would burst. In any event, we do see that sub-freezing temperatures can incapacitate them, making them very easy to kill. That being the case, wouldn't moving to a colder climate be BY FAR the best way to establish a post-zombie community (and places like - ahem - Georgia, Los Angeles and Mexico, be the worst?). In addition to having much fewer zombies (because of fewer population centers in northern climates like Canada, as well as the total zombie deaths that would occur every winter), the colder climates would force people to wear more clothes when outside, which would protect against bites. Additionally, there would be a great food supply, due to the wilderness/animals. Lastly, there would be a greater degree of protection against other human colonies, as there would just be fewer of them (there are fewer people to start with, in the non-urban parts of Canada, and there is plenty of land to go around, especially for the incredibly small number of human survivors left). Of course, then we'd just be left with a show about post apocalyptic communities hanging out in Canada. Not too interesting of a horror show, eh?
    Last edited by Facelift; 04-03-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I want to, but I just can't with all the time I have invested in this crap! I'm at the point where I have it on while doing other things.
    Same here. I often find myself putzing around on the computer while watching, but I am still watching. The wife still likes it more than I do, but we are probably in for the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    I thought it was a flash-forward - possibly some weeks after the storm.

To the people questioning the Virginia weather - yes, it can snow like that in the DC area, definitely. However, the winters are generally mild and the snow would probably melt after not all that long. So the "flash-forward" would not need to be all that far forward.

But wasn't this, like, the 5th or 6th winter that these folks have experienced in Virginia? They appear to have made it through all the others without great difficulty...

Random TWD zombie mythology observation: if brain death is the only way to kill a zombie, then I would think that being actually frozen would kill them, as all of the blood vessels in the brain would burst. In any event, we do see that sub-freezing temperatures can incapacitate them, making them very easy to kill. That being the case, wouldn't moving to a colder climate be BY FAR the best way to establish a post-zombie community (and places like - ahem - Georgia, Los Angeles and Mexico, be the worst?). In addition to having much fewer zombies (because of fewer population centers in northern climates like Canada, as well as the total zombie deaths that would occur every winter), the colder climates would force people to wear more clothes when outside, which would protect against bites. Additionally, there would be a great food supply, due to the wilderness/animals. Lastly, there would be a greater degree of protection against other human colonies, as there would just be fewer of them (there are fewer people to start with, in the non-urban parts of Canada, and there is plenty of land to go around, especially for the incredibly small number of human survivors left). Of course, then we'd just be left with a show about post apocalyptic communities hanging out in Canada. Not too interesting of a horror show, eh?
    Yup, I have thought many of those thoughts from the beginning. Moving up north would have many advantages.

So is there any truth to this legend I heard that Chandler Riggs was let go because his dad was "making a living" taking people on unsanctioned guided tours of shooting locations from The Walking Dead?

So is there any truth to this legend I heard that Chandler Riggs was let go because his dad was "making a living" taking people on unsanctioned guided tours of shooting locations from The Walking Dead?
    I don't know if that is why Riggs was let go, but his dad was doing tours: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...a_Georgia.html

I can't believe those fools continue to put up with Morgan's bull.

I can't believe those fools continue to put up with Morgan's bull.
    LOL. Is this Walking Dead or the A Team?

Negan and Beta together are priceless. Turns the show into almost a comedy - The Odd Couple lol. Beta's right not to trust him as Negan's playing them but to what end I'm not sure.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Are you the only person left watching this show?

My wife still likes to watch it, but I am done. I sit on the couch and read my email and Facebook posts when it is on. Same for This Is Us, I'm effectively done with both these shows, especially the fat girl in This Is Us. Such a whiny girl who is unable to take control of her life and makes everyone around her feel sorry for her as she continues to get bigger and bigger. That story line is way played out.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I still watch. I mean, where else can you find that much unintentional comedy?! It's gold! Even better is The Talking Dead, where they all sit around and pretend that the show is some sort of epic masterpiece each week. GOLD!
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Negan and Beta together are priceless. Turns the show into almost a comedy - The Odd Couple lol. Beta's right not to trust him as Negan's playing them but to what end I'm not sure.
    I am still watching it because my wife really likes it, and so far have thought this season was pretty bad, but that episode last night was actually pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Are you the only person left watching this show?
    Possibly. I've gone this far so why not go it until the end, whenever that may be.

Sure, it jumped the shark with the first episode but it's got it's charm.

Ok, maybe not. But,...... it's zombies, and er, Daryl and..... um.......well, there's Alpha and Beta the cult leaders who wear dead people. That's kinda fun.

Plus, Negan. Why? Because......Negan. We're all Negan, right?

I still watch although it's often background noise now. It's a shell of it's former self and I'm rolling my eyes a lot, but ultimately...zombies. I've stuck with it this far so what the hell.

The last episode was actually pretty damn good!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Two pretty good episodes in a row now. I thought the whole Saddiq thing was kind of stupid until the twist at the end, which I did not see coming.

Does anyone buy Eugene as an Iron Maiden fan? The song was fitting but I don't know if that would be in Eugene's wheelhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Does anyone buy Eugene as an Iron Maiden fan? The song was fitting but I don't know if that would be in Eugene's wheelhouse.
    I kept trying to figure out what he song was. I knew I knew it, but was not placing it until right at the end.

I kept trying to figure out what he song was. I knew I knew it, but was not placing it until right at the end.
    I wouldn't have caught it as while it's a fine tune it's not one of the top 100
    or so IM songs. Talking Dead gave it up and I felt stupid.

They threw me off though. Earlier he says he can't sing it as it needs the "sweeping strings" or something to that effect. Not really a staple of Maiden, that is.

Maiden doesn't get used very often in movies or television it seems. Wonder if that's their choice or just no one cares to use their music.

Anyone? The cliffhanger before the cliffhanger?

The King riding a bicycle. Beta can't become Alpha and is frighteningly even more whacked out than before.

Princess.

Just one more word.

MAGGIE!

She and the guy from the island where Michonne was at are going to help save the day.