Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Thread V.3

Walking Dead Thread V.3

Last nights episode. Just amazing. And how many clues. Folks at the beginning happy and joking. Glenn, "Can't we have one good day?" No, Glenn, you can't. Watching this it really felt like (to take from another show, on just before), there are no happy endings in store. Initially, the happy ending is that they survive the plague, then find safety, save their relationship, uphold the nobility of human civilization ... whatever ... but after last night's episode: is there hope for any of that. Can anyone posit a series of events that might lead to a "good outcome" without betraying the promises the show has already made.

A horrible death for the Governor would be a step in the right direction. Then have Hershel as mayor of Grovers Corner or whatever they call it.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Grovers Corner or whatever they call it.
    Woodbury.

Quote Originally Posted by Planechant View Post
    Last nights episode. Just amazing. And how many clues. Folks at the beginning happy and joking. Glenn, "Can't we have one good day?" No, Glenn, you can't.
    He has a good day everyday. He bangs the hottest chick on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    He has a good day everyday. He bangs the hottest chick on the show.
    That!

There's no way that Carol is dead.

And who the hell is that watching the prison. It sure wasn't that missing inmate.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I better migrate the my postings over to the new forum. I don't think the Guv is going to die a horrible death (or get horribly tortured) anytime soon. He's too good a character right now - he lasts at least the season is my guess

gotta catch up - due to Sandy I have DVR'ed the last few episodes.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    This show is gritty and brutal. Love it!

Man, I don't think I've ever gotten choked up from a Walking Dead episode. Even with the Sophia reveal in Season 2, it was more a "No! Aw, man!" reaction. I watched the whole Lori thing, and Rick losing it just fine, but as soon as the scene ended I felt this lump in my throat and thought, "Oh my God...they got me!" What a powerful episode, and how incredibly acted!

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    With the rate of main and recurring cast dying, they need to bring in more regulars to die. At this tempo, and the end there's only Rick.

My wife was a big fan of Sarah Wayne Callies in the "Prison Break" series, but neither of us have cared for her in this series at all. Speaking for myself she was probably my least favorite character of the show. Yes, the triangle relationship thing brought an interesting dimension, but...any time she was actually involved in a scene I found myself hoping the focus would shift to other sub-plots. The saddest part of the most recent episode (to me) was Rick's (and the groups) reaction, but I can't say I will miss the character...

In general I love the series so far though. Mostly it's very well thought out and I'm not finding a lot of "oh, that is so stupid" moments where they do nonsensical things that take you out of story. I will say I thought it was stupid how they went about cleaning out the prison...and it's been consistently stupid this season with respect to that issue. They keep complaining about being low on ammo, but never stop shooting. They have fences and gates/doors with bars on them, but seem incapable of just waiting for the zombies to come to them and getting them with the knives and rebars - they insist on mixing it up hand-to-hand style.

Quote Originally Posted by izz_brian View Post
    Man, I don't think I've ever gotten choked up from a Walking Dead episode. Even with the Sophia reveal in Season 2, it was more a "No! Aw, man!" reaction. I watched the whole Lori thing, and Rick losing it just fine, but as soon as the scene ended I felt this lump in my throat and thought, "Oh my God...they got me!" What a powerful episode, and how incredibly acted!
    I cried. That was the most intense and emotional episode of the series to date! Frikkin' Awesome!
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Incredibly powerful episode. Definitely lingered with me for a bit.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Next week should be great.

Less emo, more zombies!

The show definitely has Marty & me hooked. Nice to see the kid grew a set & took care of business. Total mind-fu*k.

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    Next week should be great.

Less emo, more zombies!
    I didn't think there was any shortage of zombies in this one!

Went to my DVR last night and ... no show for last week. The storm and power outages screwed me over. Of coutrse it's not "on demand" either. I had to reset all my series recordings all over again, so I will get the next show. There is a show playing Friday night - maybe that's a replay of last week (lets hope so) otherwise I will probably have to watch it on-line.

Don't they usually air the previous week's episode before each new episode? If so, just make it a 2fer.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by jeffo621 View Post
    I better migrate the my postings over to the new forum. I don't think the Guv is going to die a horrible death (or get horribly tortured) anytime soon. He's too good a character right now - he lasts at least the season is my guess
    Not any time soon. If they're going to follow the comics at all here, he's got a lot more bad shit to do before he gets his comeuppance (and boy does he ever get it!).
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Polmico said:
    he's got a lot more bad shit to do before he gets his comeuppance
    Yup, something is going to come up somewhere. Yikes.

And I think I'm doing a 2fer this Sunday too - this episode definitely has some rewatchability

Big fan!
    Last edited by PapaJimH; 11-11-2012 at 02:02 PM.

One of my favorite shows. Intense.

Great ep last night too - Rick has totally lost it. Now the question is, what the F*** is up with the phone - psychoses or not? (And I intentionally avoid the "next week..." trailer to avoid spoilers)

Daryl was awesome with the baby

And.... THE GLADIATOR PIT!!!!!!

The phone thing was a mystery to me. I thought with no power an old land line like that wouldn't work.

Loved the Gladiator Pit - Meryl is one tough sonovabitch.