Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Thread V.3

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    The interesting part is those who die, in their sleep, off in a corner, without anyone else around. You could be walking around perfectly safe prison zones and BLAMMO, someone who died earlier in the day turns the corner and CHOMP!
    The interesting part is that they don't seem to have taken that into account!

Herschal's not exactly a young man. I'd lock him up every night, just in case.

They should all sleep in their own cell.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It'd be funny if that kid who died in the season opener didn't know he was going to die until he got to that part in the script. "Whoo-hoo! I'm a new character in The Walking Dead... WTF?"

Yeah, the other thread could just be axed. I'm only using this one.

Looks like the zombie shit's about to hit the fan...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Click the picture for a larger image:

Attachment 2516
    Just stopped by to look at this picture again. She has that wonderful "just been hit over the head" yet her nipples are erect kind of look. Sort of like Susan Dey...

Loved this weeks episode and it's solid dose of reality. More than any other show/movie in the Zombie genre, TWD gets it with how disparaging the aftermath of the event could be and doesn't hesitate to "pile on" with dreadful scenarios. Because of the willingness to put their characters through so much we get to learn more about them and that is why this show is special.

Now, completely different topic, but I'd love if they did a one-off episode of zombie POV. It could be POV from the human "victim" at the time of attack, screen goes black representing "death" then the eyes open representing zombie rebirth. We could then have a day in the life of a zombie.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Now, completely different topic, but I'd love if they did a one-off episode of zombie POV. It could be POV from the human "victim" at the time of attack, screen goes black representing "death" then the eyes open representing zombie rebirth. We could then have a day in the life of a zombie.
    Not sure I'd like a full episode of zombie-POV, but a few minutes could be interesting (I never cared for those one-off episodes of a series where things were really different). I thought that scene of this week's episode was cool, where Carl and Herschel saw those two walkers in the woods but weren't overly scared by them (well, one walking, one slumped down). Those are my favorite kinds of scenes - when the walkers are more inert or slow, they're the scariest somehow.

I was kind of disappointed how in the first episode this season we didn't get to see Irish woman's zombie friend who was in the tent but immobile. That could have been cool.

Zombies - they never get old.

Anyone else think the change in Carol is a little poorly written? The actor is doing fine but it still seemed they didn't do enough leading up to it.

I want Tyrese to have my back in the zombie apocalypse.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

So, from where is this mysterious "flu" coming? I was thinking the water, but surely they'd boil their water before using it. The antibiotics they're trying to find are useful only against bacteria, not viruses, so is the epidemic bacterial? If not, those sick are probably gonna die, unless their immune systems can overcome the infection. Or could it be that the zombie virus mutated?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Anyone else think the change in Carol is a little poorly written?
    It certainly seems kinda sudden, but then some amount of time has passed between last season and this, so I chalked it up to that.

Yeah, his sudden exit from the woods when he'd been surrounded by zombies not a minute before shows how much he must have been kicking ass with that hammer.

Michonne - and her kitana - would be my choice.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Anyone watch Talking Dead? Marylyn Manson was a train wreck. Never been a fan, but I was looking forward to the episode as I've always thought he was quite well spoken (Bowling for Columbine, Stern, etc). Whether it be alcohol or something heavier, he was certainly trashed on something.

I watched Talking Dead and yeah, he was wretched. I suspect
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Anyone else think the change in Carol is a little poorly written? The actor is doing fine but it still seemed they didn't do enough leading up to it.

The writing (to say nothing of the acting) are not exactly this show's strengths. That said, they do a good job with the look and feel - and, of course, killing zombies. That's why I watch it. Though I'm not finding the swine flu to be as menacing a villain as The Governor, cheesey as he was.

Well, they have a lot more people to die off, but they're down to five( I believe) survivors from season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Anyone watch Talking Dead? Marylyn Manson was a train wreck. Never been a fan, but I was looking forward to the episode as I've always thought he was quite well spoken (Bowling for Columbine, Stern, etc). Whether it be alcohol or something heavier, he was certainly trashed on something.
    yeah I watched that. Every time he opened his mouth it was uncomfortable.

We got a bit of that when Shane turned. I wouldn't expect any detours from the storyline anytime soon. Maybe the second series starting in 2015 will explore that.

20 years ago, a very good zombie-PoV novel was published, titled Wet Work. It was written by Philip Nutman, who just died last month. He was ahead of the curve with regard to zombie fiction.

Anyone seen Juan of the Dead, which is a Spanish-Cuban version of Shaun of the Dead? Very funny, and different enough from SotD that's it's well worth seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Anyone seen Juan of the Dead, which is a Spanish-Cuban version of Shaun of the Dead? Very funny, and different enough from SotD that's it's well worth seeing.
    Loved that movie, although I felt it got a little far-fetched near the end. The characters were great.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Totally different. We're expected to believe the protagonist beds superhot babes. And SotD didn't show Shaun's best friend beating off against a wall.

That's hilarious!

I gotta say, I was kinda bummed at the way Rick reacted. And then, sending Carol off on her own??? Am not liking this little plot twist.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    That's hilarious!

I gotta say, I was kinda bummed at the way Rick reacted. And then, sending Carol off on her own??? Am not liking this little plot twist.
    That picture or whatever it is is blocked to me at work - can you post a different link maybe?

Yeah, not crazy about Rick sending Carol off on her own. Isn't Daryl going to sort of freak out when he finds out Rick did this?

Do you think Carol will stay in the picture through an alternate storyline? Maybe she hooks up with the Governor.

Whatever direction Rick chose to go with Carol would have been ugly. She did murder two people after all. Rick probably saved her life though because Tyrese would kill her when he found out, no? I like Carol's character so in that respect I'm bummed, but she'll be back. Very curious what happens when it's revealed.

Well, Carole did kill two people, but Rick has also killed people for the greater good of the group, so I don't see any difference myself. I thought he made a bad decision in making her go away, to me, just saying--ok, c ya, you'll get by ok, was a bit delusional. Plus yes, maybe, Tyrese might have been pissed, but only IF Rick said anything. It seemed he was the only one that knew, and it did seem to be a logical way of handling the flu problem from spreading (for the greater good). Also Rick's own son killed the other boy for seemingly little to no reason--I missed this episode--why did he kill him? At any rate, Rick's reasons seemed a bit pious in letting her go, and if that situation were true wouldn't you want every healthy human around to fight off zombies if it came down to that? I too thought Carole might find the Gov. out here somewhere. We'll see. Still a compelling watch.