Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758596061 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1502

Thread: Walking Dead Thread V.3

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Man. I'd totally forgotten it was starting up again. Should I bother?
    I would say the current season is good, but not great. I thought Fear The Walking Dead really upped their game this year and became the better series of the two. There have only been 5 episodes of "Walking" so far, and not really sure where they are going with it.

Hmmmm. Okay. Maybe I'll bite the bullet but if I get annoyed by it, I'm going to start rooting for every team in the MAC to kick WMU's ass.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Hmmmm. Okay. Maybe I'll bite the bullet but if I get annoyed by it, I'm going to start rooting for every team in the MAC to kick WMU's ass.
    Ha well.....WMU has been kicking their own ass the last two weeks. The Ohio game last week was a complete meltdown disaster. We left at halftime it was so bad.

I think this season has been ok. I actually liked this last episode athough I kind of wish that it ended at the bridge. The new crew? Not feelin' it, but we'll see...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Ha well.....WMU has been kicking their own ass the last two weeks. The Ohio game last week was a complete meltdown disaster. We left at halftime it was so bad.
    I was going to say, "my alma mater beat WMU? Hooray!" But then I checked the score. Oh dear. My condolences.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

It's been pretty good, but not great. I would have preferred Rick go back to the hospital, lie in the bed and say, "Blimey, it was all a dream!" And then THE END.

I was going to say, "my alma mater beat WMU? Hooray!" But then I checked the score. Oh dear. My condolences.
    It was pouring rain and WMU turned the ball over 6 times in the first half. It was about as ugly as it gets.

It was pouring rain and WMU turned the ball over 6 times in the first half. It was about as ugly as it gets.
    Wow. I thought WMU was the pride of the MAC.

Wow. I thought WMU was the pride of the MAC.
    It has been an odd season. Lost their first two, then won 6 in a row, then lost their last two. Special teams have been awful, defense has been inconsistent, offense has been good, but lost our starting quarterback for the season in the Toledo game two weeks ago, so that hasn't helped.

Do the dead play on these teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Do the dead play on these teams?
    Sure looked like it last week.

...they should sign Rick once he heals up.

I would say the current season is good, but not great. I thought Fear The Walking Dead really upped their game this year and became the better series of the two. There have only been 5 episodes of "Walking" so far, and not really sure where they are going with it.
    I'm through 4˝ episodes and, yes, they still do dumb shit - which I've learned to ignore - but the main story arc has been the most interesting for quite a while. I've been enjoying this season, so far.

Here's hoping WMU goes on a winning streak. lol

I'm through 4˝ episodes and, yes, they still do dumb shit - which I've learned to ignore - but the main story arc has been the most interesting for quite a while. I've been enjoying this season, so far.

Here's hoping WMU goes on a winning streak. lol
    I just have to keep telling myself the it is a comic strip put to film and not a serious drama. That does make it a bit more tolerable. I was curious if they would keep the time jump which apparently they are (you may not be that far yet, but it is not really spoiling anything)

As for WMU. After the overtime loss to Ball State on Tuesday night (they went for two instead of kicking an extra point, didn't get it and lost) they fired their Defensive Coordinator. They have one game left against Northern Illinois. If they win they will get a bowl game for sure. If they loose they will still be bowl eligible, but will be on the bubble like they were last year (they didn't get a bowl).

I'm finished thru episode 6. Was a bit surprised by what Anne did to Rick. And then the jump forward in time by 5 or 6 years.

So, WMU lost to Ball St and Ohio? Oh, and they lost to Toledo, too??? (after checking) Wow. How the mighty have fallen.

I'm finished thru episode 6. Was a bit surprised by what Anne did to Rick. And then the jump forward in time by 5 or 6 years.

So, WMU lost to Ball St and Ohio? Oh, and they lost to Toledo, too??? (after checking) Wow. How the mighty have fallen.
    Yes, a pretty major time jump which they are continuing with.

Regarding WMU......yes lost to both Toledo and Ohio. Not good......

I must say that last nights cemetery scene was the first time since I can remember in this show where I had chills. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I must say that last nights cemetery scene was the first time since I can remember in this show where I had chills. Well done!
    I agree, that scene was quite effective.

Definitely.

The twist on the "evolution" of the walkers was a surprise. Who do you guys think they are?

The cemetery sequence was good, but the entire episode should have been along those lines. Do they really need to focus on the blacksmith kid?

The twist on the "evolution" of the walkers was a surprise. Who do you guys think they are?
    Those are the Whisperers. The mask should have spelled out the first part of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Those are the Whisperers. The mask should have spelled out the first part of the equation.
    I don't read the comic, but a guy at work who is into all things Walking Dead told me they were coming and apparently they play a pretty big part in the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    The cemetery sequence was good, but the entire episode should have been along those lines. Do they really need to focus on the blacksmith kid?
    yeah that's a pretty annoying storyline.

I don't read the comic, but a guy at work who is into all things Walking Dead told me they were coming and apparently they play a pretty big part in the comic.
    It should be a welcome contrast to all the Governor/Negan histrionics we've been dealt. But it looks like more of the latter is on the way.

WTF happened in last nights episode? My dvr went on the fritz, as I gathered it happened to a lot of peeps from TTD. Dammit I can't even get it on demand so can someone fill me in?
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000