Thread: Walking Dead Thread V.3

  1. #1401
    Irritated Lawn Guy Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    1,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Um, Rosita in that striped number on Talking Dead...����
    Oh hell yeah buddy!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  2. #1402
    Meh on the disappearing ashes trick. Yes dumb, but a lot of things are like Scooby Doo on this show. It was another decent episode really. I think they have been on an upward roll this 1/2 season, but for Christ's sake, these short 1/2 seasons are pathetic beyond belief.

  3. #1403
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Oh, and the Eugene escape? Give me a fucking break. Ummm, fat guy, piles of ashes outside the gate within seconds....no need to kick some piles, he’s long gone.
    Agree, that was the lame part of what I thought was a pretty good episode.

  4. #1404
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Agree, that was the lame part of what I thought was a pretty good episode.
    It's kind of depressing that we're considering this season to have been good. It's just a back-and-forth of each side declaring war on the other and nobody important getting killed in it, despite numerous easy opportunities for this to have happened.

  5. #1405
    Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    It's kind of depressing that we're considering this season to have been good. It's just a back-and-forth of each side declaring war on the other and nobody important getting killed in it, despite numerous easy opportunities for this to have happened.
    True. It's also painfully slow moving, story wise. This has been a trend with the show though, stretching out nothing for an entire season for some sort of payoff. I can't imagine watching any of these shows from the last few seasons ever again. Whereas the first couple of seasons I have sat through a lot of them twice.

    I think this season is partly better because of the interaction between Neagan and Simon has been worthwhile, and the leader of the garbage group is intriguing. Plus they have delivered some very cool zombie moments.

  6. #1406
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,871
    Anybody watching "Fear" this season? So far I am impressed. I never thought I would say this, but I think the current season is better than the original's recently completed season.

  7. #1407
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    9,764
    Take a look at a couple of Times Square shuttle cars:




  8. #1408
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Anybody watching "Fear" this season? So far I am impressed. I never thought I would say this, but I think the current season is better than the original's recently completed season.
    i like it but am disappointed that they killed off Nick. He was that show's best character, IMO. I'm not opposed to a major dead here and there, but there are others I would have preferred to go over Nick.

  9. #1409
    I dunno. I'm so soured by that Season Finale, when they let Negan live, that I may never watch a zombie show ever again.

  10. #1410
    Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    I dunno. I'm so soured by that Season Finale, when they let Negan live, that I may never watch a zombie show ever again.
    The show seems fairly committed to following the general narrative of the comic, so Negan isn't likely going anywhere for years.

  11. #1411
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    i like it but am disappointed that they killed off Nick. He was that show's best character, IMO. I'm not opposed to a major dead here and there, but there are others I would have preferred to go over Nick.
    I certainly did not see that coming. Since the show currently has two timelines going my guess is he will still be on the show in the earlier timeline, but that was a pretty shcoking moment.

  12. #1412
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    I dunno. I'm so soured by that Season Finale, when they let Negan live, that I may never watch a zombie show ever again.
    Agree, which is part of the reason I think "Fear" may have become the better show.

  13. #1413
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I certainly did not see that coming. Since the show currently has two timelines going my guess is he will still be on the show in the earlier timeline, but that was a pretty shcoking moment.
    I read that the actor who plays Nick wanted to leave the show after this season to pursue other things. So, if they *had* to kill him, I'd say this episode was a really fine way of doing so. Much better and more thoughtful, plot-wise, than what they've done with some of the others over the years.

  14. #1414
    Irritated Lawn Guy Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    1,403
    I have an incredibly hard time liking any of the characters on Fear. I find them very dull.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  15. #1415
    Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    457
    I like the new gunslinger.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

  16. #1416
    Member hippypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tyler, Tx
    Posts
    878
    Yeah, I like the gunslinger too, and that newer crew (Morgan, and the journalist). I didn't care that much for the past crew, particularly the junkie kid, but I guess he's over.

  17. #1417
    Irritated Lawn Guy Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    1,403
    I must say that I have really enjoyed the last couple episodes of Fear
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  18. #1418
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I must say that I have really enjoyed the last couple episodes of Fear
    Myself as well. Fear is turning into a completely different show. The original premise was to follow the family starting from the beginning of the apocalypse, but since the actors kept asking out, it looks like this is going to totally be abandoned. i don't know if the woman who plays Madison asked to be out of the show, but it certainly looks as if this may be the final season for her character.

    This whole season has been the kind of gimmick they can only do once, but I'm liking it, for the most part. A few characters, and you really get to know them. Not like the mess that the original show became.

  19. #1419
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Myself as well. Fear is turning into a completely different show. The original premise was to follow the family starting from the beginning of the apocalypse, but since the actors kept asking out, it looks like this is going to totally be abandoned. i don't know if the woman who plays Madison asked to be out of the show, but it certainly looks as if this may be the final season for her character.

    This whole season has been the kind of gimmick they can only do once, but I'm liking it, for the most part. A few characters, and you really get to know them. Not like the mess that the original show became.
    Solid season so far. The zombies falling in the river thing was a bit stupid last night, but I enjoyed the rest of it.

  20. #1420
    Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    202
    This news is a little bit old, but it looks like Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes) is leaving the show. Season 9 will be his last. Makes me wonder how or if the show will move forward. At least he provided some insight into the upcoming season at San Diego's Comic-Con this past weekend. Here's a bit of what he said:

    Lincoln also discussed what we will see on screen in season 9 — which includes a time jump — before he departs, and it appears resources will indeed be scarce for the survivors. “The world is deteriorating,” he says. “Food is scarce, the Hilltop’s the main sort of food source, communications are breaking down, we don’t have gas anymore and we’re on horseback, and we’ve run out of bullets. So there is an enormous pressure on this group.”

    That means communication and contributions between the communities are more important than ever as they attempt to rebuild society. “Rick Grimes has got a long game, and he knows that unless we trade, unless we look after each community, it’s going to fall apart,” teases Lincoln. “And that’s where we meet a fellow band of warriors just as it’s about to kick off. It’s a fragile peace.”
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

    Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

    From "Fanboys" 2009.

  21. #1421
    Member since 7/13/2000 Hal...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderAGlassMoon View Post
    “And that’s where we meet a fellow band of warriors just as it’s about to kick off. It’s a fragile peace.”


    Goddamn. Enough with all the infighting.
    I'm sick of wearing pants and having responsibilities.

  22. #1422
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,871
    Curious if anyone out there is still watching this, and if so, what did you think of Rick's "last" episode? I won't spoil anything, but I made the call to my wife of exactly what I thought would happen and that is exactly what happened. Anyone else still watching?

  23. #1423
    Member BobM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    458
    Spoiler

    They left room for Rick to come back, or perhaps start another spinoff show with the group that sent the helicopter.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

  24. #1424
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,871
    It has already been announced that there will be 3 feature length movies.

  25. #1425
    Member since 7/13/2000 Hal...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    1,687
    Man. I'd totally forgotten it was starting up again. Should I bother?
    I'm sick of wearing pants and having responsibilities.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •