Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1502

Thread: Walking Dead Thread V.3

This season hasn't been good, but not for reasons that some previous seasons have been bad. I have never read the comic, but I guess war with Negan took up a good chunk comic pages, and they seem committed to doing the same with WD episodes (if only to avoid the trap of the show catching up to the comic).

The problem is that whereas "all-out-war" gives a graphic artist a great canvas to create some wonderful visuals on paper, it's now abundantly clear that while the TV show's budget might accommodate some fantastic make-up work, it can't do the same for fighting scenes. The fight scenes on the show haven't just been bad, they've been horrifically bad. And not just for budgetary reasons, but tactical reasons as well. It seems obvious that nobody consulting the show has a clue about how a paramilitary operation might work in this context. Everything about the fighting, from the planning to the execution to the filming, has been lousy. The show can skate by on such threadbare ability if the fights are kept to only that which is necessary, but drawing out a full season to feature them? A terrible decsion. This show is going to continue to bleed more viewers all year.

Who knew zombies could trap a tiger? Maybe they can help me catch my dog with his favorite toy in his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Who knew zombies could trap a tiger? Maybe they can help me catch my dog with his favorite toy in his mouth.
    LOL. I love how the zombies could quickly entrap and kill a TIGER, but earlier in the episode, a hobbling Ezekiel and his captor fended off an advancing (or was it - it seemed to be getting *farther* away from them!) horde with one hand while having a conversation - not a care in the world.

Nobody who makes this show is even trying any more.

I heard someone say that the tiger didn't want to get away, that it actually scarified itself to save Ezekiel. Now if that's true, that intent didn't come off very well in the show. Plus, it totally didn't seem necessary as there were a couple of people with Ezekiel and it didn't seem like that were "trapped" with no way out.

Yeah, that was cringeworthy. There were like 10 zombies fighting a tiger and 3-4 people, and the zombies won? Meanwhile two people are fighting off a hoard in front of a fence, and winning.

Just no consistency to what is possible.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

I just realized I forgot to watch last and this week's shows.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I just realized I forgot to watch last and this week's shows.
    They were ok. The mid-season finale was last Sunday. A pretty big twist to a major character at the end.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Anyone have a line on the most complete, cheapest ( ) DVD or BD set of Walking Dead full seasons? I feel like I saw something cheap recently, but it was probably seasons 1-6 and maybe not region 1 which would be a problem.

Forget the above, realized it's on Netflix!

***************** SPOILER *************************

Just in case anyone's fallen behind like me.

I found a pretty bad continuity error in the episode in season 6 where Rick and his group cover themselves in zombie blood 'n' guts and try to head from the house to the armory. When they first go outside, it's broad daylight. Then when the next episode starts up and they're still making their way to the armory, it's night, yet no more than a few minutes could have passed.

It seems like halfway through season 6 the plots become driven by characters making really stupid decisions.

Also it’s become like the old Batman TV show where no one kills anyone when they ought to.

And Morgan’s an idiot.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 01-28-2018 at 01:07 PM.

Wow, did they maybe go too far with this Negan guy? Just finished season 7 episode 1. Can’t help thinking they lost some viewers with the extent of the violence.

BTW, what happened to the rest of those rockets Abraham found? AFAIR they only used one, and could have saved their collective hides more than once with the rest, but the writers seemed not to want to go there. Frustrating.

...you've been talking to yourself for 4 days dude.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

True, he has. But to answer Jed's questions.... the answer is "Yes". Yes to everything.

I hope I don't feel compelled to watch another episode of that show. It's really become the dumbest thing I've ever wasted my time on.

^ I was just trying to bring you guys out of the woodwork!

I think at the point where I am, if I were Rick I'd abandon the village (whatever it's called, I forget!) and head out by car/truck/etc as far away as possible from the Saviors. There must be more abandoned prisons, hospitals, malls, etc.

Or Eugene should be working on making bombs, not bullets. Or find more heavy weaponry.

Another thing about worldwide zombie holocausts in general: wouldn't there be meltdowns happening at every nuclear power plant, since they wouldn't have had time to properly cool down the reactor cores?

They should tell Negan that his schtick is incredibly irritating to absolutely everyone. There’s no way someone wouldn’t have shot him long ago. The whole Lucille thing - come on!

I guess Jim Carrey wasn’t available to play Negan.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^ I was just trying to bring you guys out of the woodwork!

I think at the point where I am, if I were Rick I'd abandon the village (whatever it's called, I forget!) and head out by car/truck/etc as far away as possible from the Saviors. There must be more abandoned prisons, hospitals, malls, etc.

Or Eugene should be working on making bombs, not bullets. Or find more heavy weaponry.

Another thing about worldwide zombie holocausts in general: wouldn't there be meltdowns happening at every nuclear power plant, since they wouldn't have had time to properly cool down the reactor cores?
    You mean it doesn't make sense to you that a group of people who have proven tough and resourceful by years of success living in the zombie apocalypse, who mostly hail from the Atlanta area, who happened upon a community in Virginia and only stayed because it was 1) safe; 2) rich with resources; and 3) stable, didn't just pack up and leave after their community was raided by a much larger gang whose sadistic leader brutally killed three of their people and demanded ongoing tributes of their food - but didn't leave behind any of their own members to enforce compliance?

*That* didn't make sense to you???

I couldn't take how poorly-conceived the Negan character was and checked out of the show for almost all of the season before last. I tuned back in last season, and although I made it through the whole season, I was not enthused by what I was watching most of the time.

I think the series crowing achievement was when Rick & Co. surprise Negan and all his top men with a drive by - with about two dozen guns pointed right at Negan's skull, and they decide maybe they should talk to them first. Then when the talking was over - bang bang bang, damn missed Negan every time!

Maybe the worst television I have ever witnessed.

Well, that and when it went from day to the dead of night within a few minutes.

Yeah lots of really, really stupid shit happened this last season. I'm going to stick it out for the next round, but my patience (which I have a lot of in terms of stupid) is running thin.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I gave up on giving the writers any benefit of the doubt after the whole pied piper, lead the zombies out of the quarry storyline when I saw them pass by a farm store with a bunch of these things, which they could have used to reinforce the quarry, preventing any future escape of the zombies (if I didn't know better I'd say the writers were unconsciously advertising how stupid they are):

“From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I have to be careful of spoilers.

So we’ve been introduced to the Kingdom, the community of women who live by the sea, and the community of Mad Max characters who live in a garbage dump and have somehow developed their own dialect. What’s next, the community of people who all wear baseball uniforms and roller-skates?
    Last edited by JKL2000; 01-30-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    I think the series crowing achievement was when Rick & Co. surprise Negan and all his top men with a drive by - with about two dozen guns pointed right at Negan's skull, and they decide maybe they should talk to them first. Then when the talking was over - bang bang bang, damn missed Negan every time!

Maybe the worst television I have ever witnessed.

Well, that and when it went from day to the dead of night within a few minutes.
    Yup, that was really bad. My wife still loves the show so I will continue watching with her, but you really have to check your brain at the door.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I have to be careful of spoilers.

So we’ve been introduced to the Kingdom, the community of women who live by the sea, and the community of Mad Max characters who live in a garbage dump and have somehow developed their own dialect. What’s next, the community of people who all wear baseball uniforms and roller-skates?
    Good point, definitely a "Warriors" vibe to the different groups. The way the garbage dump leader talks is really stupid.