Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Thread V.3

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Glen is the ONE Asian guy that made it out of a city the size of Atlanta? And yeah... they should have a 3rd show based in NYC with say, the cast from Seinfeld trying to fight off walkers while making their way to the Monk Deli!
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Well, Morgan probably couldn't take all 5 of them at once with a big stick.
    Maybe not five but hey, that's a quarterstaff. There's a ton of videos on FB and the like one how damn hard it is to fight someone who knows what they're doing with one of those.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

If you think TWD has plot holes big enough for a bulldozer, you should check out the new Heroes:Reborn. The holes there are so much bigger than TWD. You can fly a 7-whatever-7 plane through them.

I'm not saying TWD doesn't have holes, but man, the recent episode of H:R was, IMHO, so much worse than TWD ever has been.

Just one of those FWIW posts. I still dig both shows.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    If you think TWD has plot holes big enough for a bulldozer, you should check out the new Heroes:Reborn. The holes there are so much bigger than TWD. You can fly a 7-whatever-7 plane through them.

I'm not saying TWD doesn't have holes, but man, the recent episode of H:R was, IMHO, so much worse than TWD ever has been.

Just one of those FWIW posts. I still dig both shows.
    I can't watch Heroes. Despite the lousy writing for the first season, the overall plot did hook me in. But season 2 was abysmally bad. I dropped out somewhere in Season 3 but then did tune in for the series finale. "Wasted potential" is a big understatement for that show.

Heroes and Lost are two of those "big" shows that people tell me I should have watched. Somehow I just couldn't get interested. When I later heard how Lost got "resolved," I was glad I hadn't wasted the time. I know that's not the point to enjoying a story that unfolds gradually every week — I loved Breaking Bad and I'm watching TWD, f'r instance — but Lost didn't hook me.

I thought Heroes was beyond awful after the first season, but sadly I stuck through it until the hysterically bad season 3 finale which went something like this...

"Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

You'd think they'd learn how to hot wire a car by this stage of the game in TWD. I don't know myself, but it seems easy enough from having watched Cops for so long.

They did that. Huh, sure didn't see that one coming. Rick was so worried about who he'd have to kill to save them when he should have been worried about how many of his own good people they would get killed.

Glenn should have wasted him when he had the chance.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

The scuttlebutt is that Glenn is not actually dead. Pretty lame, if that's really the case.

Agreed. As much as I liked his character I thought it was a courageous move on the writers' part to kill him off. It sure got my attention! If he found some way to get out of that predicament it will be lame indeed!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

WTF ? Can't believe he's gone(If that actually was him being eaten)when all they had to do was take out the road from the quarry in the first place so many wasted lives.
    Last edited by Scorp; 10-26-2015 at 06:27 AM.

Glenn is not dead. He was still alive and aware while zombies were pulling out intestines, which were the other's guy who was on top of him.

Glenn is an interesting character in the fact the writers continue to keep him alive. In the early seasons he was more likable as a comedic and daring young man who acted out all the insane plans to head straight into zombie trouble. Now he's more an even-keeled tough guy, but is second fiddle to most of the other tough guys characters in the show. Still, a likeable guy but what is his role in the show now, other than to be Maggie's boy friend?

Pretty great episode overall, I was glad we got back to characters like Daryl & Michonne. This is an action-packed season.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Glenn is not dead. He was still alive and aware while zombies were pulling out intestines, which were the other's guy who was on top of him.

Glenn is an interesting character in the fact the writers continue to keep him alive. In the early seasons he was more likable as a comedic and daring young man who acted out all the insane plans to head straight into zombie trouble. Now he's more an even-keeled tough guy, but is second fiddle to most of the other tough guys characters in the show. Still, a likeable guy but what is his role in the show now, other than to be Maggie's boy friend?

Pretty great episode overall, I was glad we got back to characters like Daryl & Michonne. This is an action-packed season.
    Can't call it a great episode unless Glenn is actually dead. There is no possible way, in the universe that the show creators made, that Glenn would not get eaten in that situation, even if there was another body on top of his. If he's not dead, it's a cheap prank and god-awful plot "twist" many times worse than anything that the prequel show did (it's becoming more and more apparent that the future of this show is with the prequel, and not the main show anyway).
    Last edited by Facelift; 10-26-2015 at 09:48 AM.

I'm with Facelift on this one. The is no conceivable (or at least believable) way that Glenn made it out of therewithout so much as a bite on him.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Can't call it a great episode unless Glenn is actually dead. There is no possible way, in the universe that the show creators made, that Glenn would not get eaten in that situation, even if there was another body on top of his. If he's not dead, it's a cheap prank and god-awful plot "twist" many times worse than anything that the prequel show did (it's becoming more and more apparent that the future of this show is with the prequel, and not the main show anyway).
    Oh come on. It's great! I really thought he was being eaten, I was shocked! But when I saw the playback of it, there's no way he was being eaten, he'll get out of it - as unbelievable it may be, it's all good fun.

Oh come on. It's great! I really thought he was being eaten, I was shocked! But when I saw the playback of it, there's no way he was being eaten, he'll get out of it - as unbelievable it may be, it's all good fun.
    I just don't find this type of thing to be "fun."

If Glenn isn't dead, I'll now be rooting for his death.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I'm with Facelift on this one. The is no conceivable (or at least believable) way that Glenn made it out of therewithout so much as a bite on him.
    Count me in as well. Even if the other body was on top of him, getting out of that situation would be ridiculous. I have a feeling he is coming back though, especially after watching "Talking Dead".

IMO, he's not dead. That's a big fake-out to upset everyone. "Hear me now and believe me later," the bait-and-switch tactics will increase with frequency on this show.

I won't doubt for one second that they filmed two different outcomes ("Glenn lives, Glenn dies") and will use either/or, the resultant feedback and alarmist rhetoric ("death threats," LOL) pending.

Next week appears to be a 90-minute backstory that focuses mainly on Morgan doing his Cain impression, so we won't see Glenn (yet, if at all). Walk on the rice paper...

The dead guy fell on top of Glenn and that's who was being eaten. There should really be no argument about it from those watching the series all this time. The rule of thumb in movies and TV shows is always, if you do not see the person actually die, they are not dead. When it ended, he was alive and not bitten. Someone is going to come along and magically distract the horde, giving him the opportunity to scramble away.

When Dale died, he was very clearly torn apart in front of us. They would not scrimp and cheat us on employing their great practical effects work on a character as important as Glenn. When and if he dies, it will be very graphic and leave us with no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by frinspar View Post
    Someone is going to come along and magically distract the horde
    Like a guy on a motorcycle.

Pretty much.

Don't get me wrong, I still am a fan of the show. But we should all know the devices by now that they like to use to tell the story.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Like a guy on a motorcycle.
    And than Daryl will get eaten???? Holy cow!! But wait... they haven't done a introspective Daryl episode prior to that so it won't happen.

Perhaps Morgan will spend the next 90 minute episode dedicated to himself, only to be eaten alive while saving Glenn with only a stick.

And than Daryl will get eaten????
    Won't happen. Daryl is registered as an "unkillable." If he ever does go, it will be the series finale.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Won't happen. Daryl is registered as an "unkillable." If he ever does go, it will be the series finale.
    Or he wants to move on to other things at the end of his contract.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Dale is dead?!? Next your going to tell me Herschel was beheaded or Beth shot by a policeman, I mean, sheesh.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!