Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Thread V.3

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    We should have a poll: Where is this season going?

1) The woman who runs the place has ulterior motives and is hiding something.
    2) Rick and Carol will organize the group and begin a takeover of the compound.
    3) Something from outside is going to rise up and attack the place, forcing everyone to recognize their vulnerability.
    4) Things will calm down, suspicion will end, and all will live in peace and harmony for ever and ever.
    5) The recruiters will find another group, Daryl will disagree with the gay guy about bringing them in, and this new group will try a takeover.
    6) Things will lay out exactly as the graphic novel (I have no idea about what happens there).
    I read an article yesterday that said all signs point to Glen being killed. This conclusion seemed to be based largely on leaks that the last couple of episodes are very Glen-centric, and somebody in an interview used a past tense when describing him. So, if nothing else, it looks like Glen will become more of a focal point in the weeks ahead.

1) The woman who runs the place has ulterior motives and is hiding something. - I hope so, that would be cool
    2) Rick and Carol will organize the group and begin a takeover of the compound. - Probably not without some sort of catalyst.
    3) Something from outside is going to rise up and attack the place, forcing everyone to recognize their vulnerability. - Most likely as they've over emphasized the wallers softness.
    4) Things will calm down, suspicion will end, and all will live in peace and harmony for ever and ever. - Not gonna happen
    5) The recruiters will find another group, Daryl will disagree with the gay guy about bringing them in, and this new group will try a takeover. - That would be cool.
    6) Things will lay out exactly as the graphic novel (I have no idea about what happens there). - I have no idea either.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

We should have a poll: Where is this season going?

1) The woman who runs the place has ulterior motives and is hiding something.
    2) Rick and Carol will organize the group and begin a takeover of the compound.
    3) Something from outside is going to rise up and attack the place, forcing everyone to recognize their vulnerability.
    4) Things will calm down, suspicion will end, and all will live in peace and harmony for ever and ever.
    5) The recruiters will find another group, Daryl will disagree with the gay guy about bringing them in, and this new group will try a takeover.
    6) Things will lay out exactly as the graphic novel (I have no idea about what happens there).
    1. I still think the paranoia is a red herring. But we'll see.
    2. Don't think so.
    3. Maybe the most probable.
    4. Nope. If anything, Rick, et al, will get bored and leave or will realize that Alexandria is an albatross around their neck... and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    I read an article yesterday that said all signs point to Glen being killed.
    If you're talking about the article on Yahoo News, I read that, too. Something they didn't consider is Maggie being offed. That could certainly put Steven Yeun in Emmy contention as Greg Nicotero talked about: "...if people don’t finally turn around and recognize the actors and the writers, then there’s something seriously flawed with the system..." (the Emmys).
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

7) The young girl who ran away, and obviously stole the gun that Rick hid in the canister, comes back. She holds up the gun by the front gate, and points it at the congress lady, screaming, "IT'S ALL A LIE!! IT'S ALL A LIE!!" Then she pulls the trigger and blows the congresswoman's head off in front of everyone. At that moment, Carol & Rick & Michone pull out their guns "Stop right there!!" But, the gate is open, and a herd of zombies has breached the gate while they were all preoccupied with the shooting. Ciaos sets in, and the zombies start eating the weaker residents. Daryl zooms in on his new bike and starts taking a few zombies out. Rick finds himself alone with that husband he doesn't like. He offs him based on survival that he needs his wife as a caretaker for Judith. Man, Rick is getting creepy. But oh no, elsewhere Maggie is trapped! Glen in a valiant effort to save her, gives up his own life so that Maggie can escape. Viewers start weeping instantly as we go to a commercial break and scenes from next season's exciting premier.

3. is most probable given the hints I've been picking up on the Interwebs as to where they are going in relation to the comics. It will all lead to yet another despotic mean sonovabitch to contend with, the sort of plot that Robert Kirkman seems to never get tired of. Like I said before, Gilligan's Island with the undead.

On the other hand, we at least got to see Maggie and the rest of the ladies all cleaned up.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Cleaned up, and de-stinkified. I can't imagine how the world must smell with all those decaying corpses and unwashed people. Gives a new perspective to "I love you - lets have sex".
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    The woman in charge makes my nuts itch. For some reason she needs to be SMACKED!
    Well, she's obviously going to get some bad news next Sunday. I'm looking forward to that.

That was a really great episode last night! I haven't been grossed out in a while, and this episode had two really nasty scenes. And the Gabriel confession was totally unexpected.

So far this 1/2 season has been a major step up from the previous.

Yeah, this season has been great. Only a couple episodes left and shit seems to be about to hit the fan.

Good to see Eugene grow some balls. Gabriel...what a dick!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Well, she's obviously going to get some bad news next Sunday. I'm looking forward to that.
    A bit of backsliding into the dumb writing ways (it doesn't seem very probable that, with things already established as very tense between Glen and that woman's son, they would mix crews on these dangerous missions. It would seem to invite peril for one side or the other, and create suspicion even if everything went well but one or more people went missing). To that end, it was obvious the moment that the woman's son was mortally wounded that his buddy was going die as well, so there would be nobody on their side to corroborate what happened. It was good that one of their crew died too (Noah), although you get the feeling that this might not be enough.

One of, if not the most, intense scenes in the show with the revolving door. That was edge of the seat-tastic, suspenseful, gross and hard-hitting. Gabriel is a dick. Maggie is hot all cleaned up. Carol is so stepford.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Indeed, the revolving door sequence was an action high point for the show. When I saw that, I went These guys are fucked!!! We got a psych-out with Eugene's decoy maneuver, but, naturally, Aiden's #2 prick boy bungled things epically. I didn't expect to see Noah go that way, let alone to futility. Like Hardwick said on Talking Dead, that episode could have been the season finale...but we have two more to go, so I expect some serious shit to go down.

I hope Gabriel turns into a zombie-kabob!

You know, there are two things I just ain't buying:
    Carol's dark side suddenly showing up and threatening the kid last week and then the way she treated him this week. Of course, once she picked up on the possibility of domestic abuse, her soft side came to the fore just as quickly. What is she? A hard ass or not?

Anyone from Rick and the Gang going outside the gates and letting an Alexandrian dictate anything especially after all the comments about how the Alexandrians are soft and the fiasco of the supply run when Tara almost got killed.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Indeed, the revolving door sequence was an action high point for the show. When I saw that, I went These guys are fucked!!! We got a psych-out with Eugene's decoy maneuver, but, naturally, Aiden's #2 prick boy bungled things epically. I didn't expect to see Noah go that way, let alone to futility. Like Hardwick said on Talking Dead, that episode could have been the season finale...but we have two more to go, so I expect some serious shit to go down.

I hope Gabriel turns into a zombie-kabob!
    I wasn't paying full attention to the opening scene - did they reveal a reason for why Gabriel might have turned on them? Not like he was ever going to be the bestest of buds with them, but they had to have been getting along well enough to have made the trek to DC with him.

Also, Maggie's strongest play in that final scene might have been to immediately confront Gabriel as she came up the steps. It was clear that Deanna was not pre-disposed to believing what he was saying, so a swift rebuttal of her word against his might have been all that was necessary to stave it off (though, of course, such resolution would likely have deprived us of whatever mayhem they have in store for the last 2.5 hours).

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    What I want to know is, will Carol make more cookies?

At this point I am watching only because my wife wants to watch it. The gore and action is entertaining but not enough to overcome all the show's faults. Sorry, I'll quit bitching now.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

2 rounds of severe gore this week. I guess they need to keep the audience entertained. Things are coming to a head rather quickly. Suspicions are going to be realized on both sides.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

2 rounds of severe gore this week. I guess they need to keep the audience entertained. Things are coming to a head rather quickly. Suspicions are going to be realized on both sides.
    Considering how entire episodes have been spent mostly on searches for food + staring off into the distance and having existential conversations, you'd think that the Alexandria community could have been material for an entire season or more of WD. Oh well - I guess it all goes up in smoke by the finale.

They found what appears to be a secure place, with nice people, and the opportunity to help keep it that way. Of course there is mistrust, so work through it.

So what are they actually looking for now - really?

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Considering how entire episodes have been spent mostly on searches for food + staring off into the distance and having existential conversations, you'd think that the Alexandria community could have been material for an entire season or more of WD. Oh well - I guess it all goes up in smoke by the finale.
    I don't know, I suspect they will still be there at the start of next season. Could be wrong though. I agree they could really explore more of the human dynamic staying in Alexandria for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    At this point I am watching only because my wife wants to watch it. The gore and action is entertaining but not enough to overcome all the show's faults. Sorry, I'll quit bitching now.
    I haven't figured out why I'm still watching. My niece and I occasionally talk about the show and I just told her today that every episode I see at least one thing that is written and/or directed really poorly. She's not quite as critical as I am but she generally agrees.

2 rounds of severe gore this week. I guess they need to keep the audience entertained.
    They've held Nicotero back plenty. We've had a gore deficit lately. I mean a good display of practical effects. One can only take so many CG-enhanced "head shots."

Did the general movie thread go private?

Nope, it's still around.

http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...679#post389679

There were more dead spaces in last night's episode than my lawn in early spring.

I'm curious about who is cutting up people and the woman tied to the tree that Daryl & the other guy found last night, and previously. There's a W carved into some of their heads, so I wonder if they're related to Woodbury & the governor somehow. I can't remember if the governor died or not, so maybe it's someone else from that group.