Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Thread V.3

Just accept the fact that anything they do on this show is plausible.

Maggie sleeping between the dead zombies – wait... is that redundant? – to mask her smell, a la Michonne & her "pets", was an excellent touch, I thought.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

In the words of Chuck Berry: "Oh, Carol!"

I never really found the character of the girl who killed her sister to be very believable, but it made for a good episode. And at least she's gone now.

Best episode of the season - right there. Most of the time, when these writers take on something like this, they flat out bumble it. But someone wrote this with some confidence. Also, now more than ever, the nation needed an episode of Talking Dead as an instrument of healing.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post

I never really found the character of the girl who killed her sister to be very believable, but it made for a good episode. And at least she's gone now.
    That's my take also.
    The two girls were mediocre actors.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Best episode of the season - right there. Most of the time, when these writers take on something like this, they flat out bumble it. But someone wrote this with some confidence.
    Scott Gimple (of all people) wrote this one.

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    Brighton aka Lizzie was definitely not.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    "But…duh'I just wanted to p'pet da wabbits George. I just wanted to pet da wabbits."
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

That's my take also.
    Yeah, especially the one playing Lizzie. Although I pretty much blame the directors for this, as child actors don't tend to bring much in the way of egos or clinging to their own creative interpretation of a character. Anyway, she's thankfully gone, and she at least gave us a memorable episode for her efforts.

I was wrong about Lizzy though! Arg!! Carol is taking full credit for killed the two sick people at the prison. I think the writers changed their mind (from Lizzy to Carol) so there would be this tension between Carol & Tyreese. Yeah, that's it, and I'm sticking to it!

That's my take also.
    The younger girl was terrible. I thought for sure at the beginning she was going to be eaten by zombies. Lizzy was OK, not a brilliant child actor, but she did alright. Certainly became annoying enough during her temper fit, to want us all to see her die. It was the only episode my wife ever watched (half-watched actually) and she was annoyed by Lizzy.

Wow, that was a powerful episode last night and somewhat boundary pushing. For most of TV history, blatantly killing off a child has been taboo. In fact I can’t think of very many instances where I can remember it happening in a tv drama. The writers stepped up on this one too, as it was very well written for the most part.

That was one fucked up episode. SteveSly's right: killing off a child like that has been pretty much taboo... and they did it twice! It was powerful, tho.

I never found the story of Lizzy believable or enjoyable. Surely she had seen people (including her parents?) killed by the zombies who are regularly "killed" by the people who take care of her and yet she's not afraid of them enough to kill them? And THEN turns around and stabs the sweet Mika to death??? WTF????? It's too bad Lizzy didn't killer the writer, too. But at least we won't have to see those two actors again.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post

I never found the story of Lizzy believable or enjoyable. Surely she had seen people (including her parents?) killed by the zombies who are regularly "killed" by the people who take care of her and yet she's not afraid of them enough to kill them? And THEN turns around and stabs the sweet Mika to death??? WTF????? It's too bad Lizzy didn't killer the writer, too. But at least we won't have to see those two actors again.
    The Lizzy melodrama was definitely WTF for me also.

It did remind me of the original girl murderer scene from Night of the Living Dead.

So it wasn't all that new.

It was a pretty full on episode but no where near the impact of the girl in the barn. The second series still remains the best hope it all comes together better in the last two episodes.

They really went down a dark path with that last one...wow! It was a pretty good, deep episode, but still, I'd like a little less drama and more zombie mayhem. Those burnt zombies were pretty awesome.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Yeah, that was a pretty good episode. I actually thought the creepiest part was the very beginning, where you see out the kitchen window, the zombie running around with Lizzie. I said "Is that a zombie, and are they PLAYING?" and my son said "No, the zombie's chasing her." We were both right. Creepy stuff. Have to admit that I, too, am glad to have those two girls out of the picture. It was just enough.

The Lizzy melodrama was definitely WTF for me also.

It did remind me of the original girl murderer scene from Night of the Living Dead.

So it wasn't all that new.
    It happened in the TWD comic. They switched the gender of the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    I was wrong about Lizzy though! Arg!! Carol is taking full credit for killed the two sick people at the prison. I think the writers changed their mind (from Lizzy to Carol) so there would be this tension between Carol & Tyreese. Yeah, that's it, and I'm sticking to it!
    I had thought the exact same, but after seeing the previously on TWD scenes leading up to this episode Carol clearly said to Rick at their parting "I killed two people."

This episode was intense, hard to watch, emotionally charged, revealed yet another aspect of post-apocalyptic existence (mental illness), but fell flat with the acting. I don't have as big an issue with that as this difficult subject was, at least 50%, entrusted to child actors, but the impact was dampened a bit.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

The writers are definitely taking a different tact this season. I really like that they are focusing on a different group each week, and digging deeper into their character flaws. That's why they seem to have made some strange pairings of people, for the most part, to see what can happen and where it takes them. The zombies are almost secondary right now.

It's almost like the middle book in a 3 book series - where the group is travelling for the most part, getting to that place where something real is going to happen. Building the suspense for what "terminus" is going to be all about.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Building the suspense for what "terminus" is going to be all about.
    Welcomed by Denise Crosby (Star Trek TNG).

What a large grill she was standing behind!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunhillow View Post
    Welcomed by Denise Crosby (Star Trek TNG).

What a large grill she was standing behind!
    Some of those boys that Darryl is traveling with might fry up real good.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

How can a place named Terminus be any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Some of those boys that Darryl is traveling with might fry up real good.
    Ah.....I never thought of that, but cannibals at Terminus.......yea that would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Ah.....I never thought of that, but cannibals at Terminus.......yea that would make sense.
    It's pretty obvious the show's going to take some cues from The Road. The letters on the windows may as well read S I Z Z L E R.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Shitty Script Supervisor Continuity Error #307:

At the beginning of last night's epp, Abraham says, "We'll follow you north until we find a new ride." They were driving towards DC before Eugene shot a hole in their gas tank which means they've been heading south ever since (as per Glenn's Maggie-quest)...that is...unless DC is south of Georgia in the zombie apocalypse.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."