Thread: Walking Dead Thread V.3

Beth (Emily Kinney) is a cutie, but not so sure about her singing career....

#2 is hilarious (as are the last two):
    The 10 TV Characters We Most Want To See Killed Off

I asked earlier why there aren't any zombie animals. Ran across this today: Zombie Animals? Kirkman Explains Why There Aren't Any
    I love sleeping. It's like being dead without the commitment.

It seems like a simple and plausible thing that the virus or condition or whatever only affects humans. I mean, it's a show about zombies, so the caveat that only people can be zombies doesn't seem like much to buy into.

Agree that this was a great episode. One of the first glimpses into the world of the upper class, loved the golfer zombies with their polos and dockers.

They are really building the relationship between Daryl and Beth, and while it is complex and deep, due to strong admiration/love for Herschel, I am beginning to notice a touch of sexual tension between the two.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Did we all notice there was a dog in last nights episode!

That was a terrific episode last night, especially the scenes with Daryl.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    That was a terrific episode last night, especially the scenes with Daryl.
    I would actually enjoy a spin-off series with Darrel & Beth. I think they have the best storyline going on right now.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I'm in the minority on last week's epp. ZzzzzZZzzzzz. Last night's was a step up in piquing my interest, but the writing is fkn horrid and two areas had me and my girl scratching our heads: Daryl just haphazardly opening the door (he's way more zombie-savvy than that), and Bob saying he needs to find Maggie because "she's alone," while leaving Sasha behind! LOL! Absurd.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    ...and two areas had me and my girl scratching our heads: Daryl just haphazardly opening the door (he's way more zombie-savvy than that), and Bob saying he needs to find Maggie because "she's alone," while leaving Sasha behind! LOL! Absurd.
    That's TWD for you.

In spite of that, I've been really enjoying the 2nd half of this season. I love that everyone's on the move; I was getting sick of the prison. I also love that the group is splintered. What I don't love is spending too much time on a particular group. I think they need to split up the episodes, showing the stories for 2-3 groups.

I'm in the minority on last week's epp. ZzzzzZZzzzzz. Last night's was a step up in piquing my interest, but the writing is fkn horrid and two areas had me and my girl scratching our heads: Daryl just haphazardly opening the door (he's way more zombie-savvy than that), and Bob saying he needs to find Maggie because "she's alone," while leaving Sasha behind! LOL! Absurd.
    I thought last week's was excellent, but was somewhat less enthusiastic about this week (though i still liked it). They split up the action between too many people, and the parts were moving too slowly. Would love to know how Daryl got away from being cornered in that basement. The overhead shot they gave just before he escaped to his right indicated that such a maneuver would have been impossible.

Also, the Glen/Maggie "romance" has to have just about the least amount of chemistry/intrigue as any I've seen on TV. I couldn't possibly care less if these two ever meet up again, so basing storylines around it... it doesn't do it for me. It's a freakin' zombie show - the only reason why a romance should ever be written into the script is to ultimately make one of them pay for it by having to kill the other's zombie. If zombie Glen or Maggie is in our future, they're sure taking their sweet time getting to it.

^^^ You neglected to consider the possibility of someone loving a zombie and trying to maintain that relationship. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility when you consider how many women complain about how their husband doesn't talk enough and/or how their husband doesn't seem interested in them sexually. So, a woman with a zombie for a husband could work as a storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    ^^^ You neglected to consider the possibility of someone loving a zombie and trying to maintain that relationship.
    Well, the recent movie "Warm Bodies" did this. Which wasn't terrible, but was still evidence, IMO, that such a thing is probably best kept at the idea stage.

I've been enjoying this season as well, and the cliffhanger with Darrell and Beth was a good one, actually being better than the comics have been lately. I'm wondering where that will all go. The whole country thing with Darrell and pigs feet was funny. I wondered if the car that kidnapped Beth might have been from whoever was living in the funeral home. The implications of that is scary. It is a zombie show, but I enjoy the drama parts otherwise it would just be a gore fest, and that would get boring, whereas as it is, offers a lot to think about afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    I wondered if the car that kidnapped Beth might have been from whoever was living in the funeral home. The implications of that is scary. It is a zombie show,
    I thought the same thing.
    It did look like a black funeral hearse taking off.

I think it is interesting that the writers paired up people who generally wouldn't usually be pairing up with each other. The interplay should be interesting, if the writing was better that is.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Couldn't agree more.

I didn't think it was absurd at all. Daryl seemed to be getting comfortable with the idea of he and Beth and probably had a some lovin' on his mind so he had a lapse in judgement. Shit happens and lesson learned. No probs with Bob goin after Maggie either. There's loyalty to Maggie and the group and he new Sasha had to work shit out in her mind. The only issue I had with the Bob, Maggie and Sasha situation, was how easily that full window dropped when Sasha leaned on it
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Bob and Sasha both bore the crap out of me. I sort of feel as if all they told us was that they're both black. And Bob sort of has a drinking problem. That's it.

BTW, about the Glenn and Maggie romance, I actually pretty much bought it back when it started - they both realized this was possibly their last chance EVER to hook up with someone they found attractive. So they went for it, and had the whole Herschel thing to deal with back then. So their romance was fairly well developed, I'd say.

Speaking of Maggie, or more accurately, Lauren Cohan, I saw her on Talking Dead the other day. First time I've seen her outside the show. Oh man, now I see what you guys have been talking about. I think I'm in love.

BTW, someone mentioned recently about how the grass always seems cut. Nice observation, altho when I looked more closely this last episode, I did notice that in many places the grass & lawns did look unkempt.

But, another thing I noticed is how nice & white everyone's teeth are (especially Maggie's). Considering how often it appears they don't shower, isn't it fair to assume they're not brushing their teeth just as often and, therefore, shouldn't some of these people have discolored and/or rotting teeth? Just an observation.

TV actors with yellow teeth?

The show has turned into a bunch of character studies, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But it for damn sure isn't as exciting as past seasons. The audience just takes it for granted now that one of the cast can outrun and kill a dozen zombies with ease, or just hide behind a tree and let the hoard pass. I think the script writers have to evolve the slow moving zombies into the faster kind and then we will see what happens.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    The show has turned into a bunch of character studies, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But it for damn sure isn't as exciting as past seasons. The audience just takes it for granted now that one of the cast can outrun and kill a dozen zombies with ease, or just hide behind a tree and let the hoard pass. I think the script writers have to evolve the slow moving zombies into the faster kind and then we will see what happens.
    Maybe the zombies have been decomposing for a sufficient period now, that their heads have softened to the point where any blow to the head results in a splatteringly effective kill shot?

More seriously, your point is well taken (although the writers seem willing to adjust the strength and tenacity of any particular zombie on an "as-needed" basis).

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    It kind of makes sense to me that a lot of the people who are still surviving are the ones who've gotten really good at killing zombies and hiding from them (I like how Maggie was just sort of sleeping amidst them in this last episode, unless I misunderstood that part?). But it's true there was a time when the zombies could smell live people. Now you can just toss a rock and they go in the direction of the noise.

and Bob saying he needs to find Maggie because "she's alone," while leaving Sasha behind! LOL! Absurd.

Yeah, that didn't quite make sense for me either, until I thought about it. Bob complained about loosing two groups already, and was shown in the past traveling around by himself. He wanted to go onto Terminus, which was where Maggie was headed as well. Sasha just wanted to hole up somewhere. If it were me, I'd want to be around other people as well, as long as they were trustworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    (I like how Maggie was just sort of sleeping amidst them in this last episode, unless I misunderstood that part?).
    It is funny that you point this out. I was just finishing up reading "Emperor of Thorns" where the main character Jorge is walking through a battlefield just after the battle ends and he says "I walked around the fallen men because stepping over them is a sure way to get a dagger in the groin." I watched this episode the same day I read that in the book and it immediately caught my attention. I was anxiously waiting for a near dead zombie to reach up and catch her in the crotch (lucky zombie).