Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Thread V.3

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    I kinda thought the same thing but chalked up his choice to just wanting to shoot an automatic weapon at zombies.
    His nonchalant excuse was "amped-up state and ignorance of using automatic weapons" or something like that. Which basically boils down to fear and desperation. Not exactly a genius move, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    He has a mullet, give him a break.
    Except there's no party in the back. He's all business.

I liked the scene where the two guys were fighting over the bed, and the loser wound up facing Rick while he died( I think he died)

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    No, he just choked him out. They actually made a point of showing him breathing afterward. You'd have to be pretty stupid to kill someone and leave him beside the bed you're sleeping in without putting a knife in the brain.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    The scenes in the suburbs constantly remind me of one glaring, and oft pointed out discrepancy…who the fuck is cutting the lawns in the zombie apocalypse??
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    The scenes in the suburbs constantly remind me of one glaring, and oft pointed out discrepancy…who the fuck is cutting the lawns in the zombie apocalypse??
    LOL - good point! Zombie teenagers, to make some spending money.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    LOL - good point! Zombie teenagers, to make some spending money.
    Make-up and hygiene products are also apparently pretty easy to get.

Not that I mind the show producers making this exception, especially where the female characters are concerned.

Yeah, I'm not so sure I buy into the whole marauder "group think" thing. In such a zombie situation, why would that happen? Money would be useless, if you want drugs just continually hit up pharmacies. I guess rape would still occur, but you'd think you'd want to add to your group--safety in numbers. Granted you'd still have inside bickering as people just don't always get along and see eye to eye. But why would there be this group sociopath thing is beyond me other than to cause tension in the series.

Zombie gardeners.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Make-up and hygiene products are also apparently pretty easy to get.

Not that I mind the show producers making this exception, especially where the female characters are concerned.
    I think make-up and hygiene products would be very accessible. All the stores and homes would be full of them, as most people grabbed the food. Should be a LOT of cloths as well, but the characters wear the same duds every show. You can bathe in any stream or lake, and have plenty of soap or shampoo... but from the looks of Rick, he can't figure out what to do without a working shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    I think make-up and hygiene products would be very accessible. All the stores and homes would be full of them, as most people grabbed the food. Should be a LOT of cloths as well, but the characters wear the same duds every show. You can bathe in any stream or lake, and have plenty of soap or shampoo... but from the looks of Rick, he can't figure out what to do without a working shower.
    Even if they were, I doubt that such things would be very high on the list of things people would be risking their lives to obtain and safely carry away.

No matter how unrealistic it is, though, you can't have women on a TV show looking like Yetis and get an audience.

good point!

And now that I think about it, this is exactly what will happen to me when I die. There will be no peace as I'll be doomed to walk the earth as a zombie with a fuckin' lawnmower. At least the dog shit will be under control.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    good point!

And now that I think about it, this is exactly what will happen to me when I die. There will be no peace as I'll be doomed to walk the earth as a zombie with a fuckin' lawnmower. At least the dog shit will be under control.
    Bee stings wouldn't hurt anymore, you won't have to worry about mowing crooked or running over small pets, and those lonely flirtatious housewives will just be BRAINS!

speaking of which, what happened to dogs and cats? The world-building on this show is really sketchy.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Yea! And how come they never come across any Adult Bookstores? I've spent some time in the South and they seem to be everywhere! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    speaking of which, what happened to dogs and cats? The world-building on this show is really sketchy.
    Hey none of this matters - Mullet-Jesus is going to save everyone (if he doesn't accidentally shoot them first).

Yea! And how come they never come across any Adult Bookstores? I've spent some time in the South and they seem to be everywhere! ;-)
    "Not that there's anything wrong with that!"

Zombie gardeners.
    Not that far-fetched if you've seen George Romero's Land of the Dead.

What I'd like to know is why there aren't any zombie animals?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    speaking of which, what happened to dogs and cats?
    Do the walkers grab and eat them?

They had episodes where the walkers ate a horse, a deer (I think), and lately a bunch of pigs. I could image that if a dog were to bite one of them, they would be infected, maybe, or grabbed by mobs and eaten. Though, more realistically I would think dogs and cats would avoid them, especially cats. I'm surprised they don't have a dog character in the show.

Watched Sunday's episode last night - I enjoyed the hillbilly theme. This season has really been pretty good.

"Take a little trip down with Tyreese.
    Listen to the giant one speak of all he has lived through."

Best episode of the year so far, IMO. Definitely the best written.

You had zombies galore, but also a really good episode of character development. And the subtlety of it was much appreciated. Nice how it was probably Daryl's old home, but they didn't outright say it.

^ Yeah.