Thread: Walking Dead Thread V.3

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I LOL'ed at the fistfight between the Rick and The Guv. Rick beat the snot out of Tyrese a day or two prior and now a one-eyed wounded Guv is choking him out (while his gun is still in his holster mind you)?

Thoughts on Rick's baby? Eaten, saved, crawled to salvation? I loved the episode, even the first 40-cheesilicious minutes, but have a real hard time watching kids in peril, i.e. Megan, Judy (is that the babies name?).

My only thought about the show is how micro it is. All this time we've been completely focused on 20 or so survivors during a global apocalypse. I'd like them to broaden a bit and get a sense that there may be something greater, or more survivor bands nearby.

Can't wait until February!
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

I am certain that Lizzie and the kid psychopaths picked up Judith after Lizzie put a bullet in that lesbian that was going to gun down Tyrese. Carol trained a fine little squad of killers in those girls.

As far as Rick vs. the Gov, the Gov beat him before I think. Not to mention Rick has already taken a bullet. We looked it up on IMDB and David Morrisey has about 5 inches of height on Andrew Lincoln and thus probably about 20 pounds or more as well. Rick didn't stand a chance. As far as when Rick fought Tyrese, he got an opening and went all medieval on him. I think if Tyrese would have not been in a blind rage and a cooler head he could have hung Rick's ass out to dry.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post

My only thought about the show is how micro it is. All this time we've been completely focused on 20 or so survivors during a global apocalypse. I'd like them to broaden a bit and get a sense that there may be something greater, or more survivor bands nearby.
    !
    I don’t know if this is true or not, but my wife swears she read somewhere that they are going to do another spin off series that takes place in another part of the country.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I don’t know if this is true or not, but my wife swears she read somewhere that they are going to do another spin off series that takes place in another part of the country.

Steve Sly
    The companion series will begin airing in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Great mid-season finale. I think the Governor didn't really care what made sense, or if everyone died, he just wanted revenge. Though, I think they were stretching it that the people in his group would follow him so vigilantly. Especially tank boy... what was he so angry about? And why destroy the place you want to move into? No matter, great mindless action stuff!
    As I read elsewhere, Mitch was the mindless version of Martinez: all the muscle and none of the brains. He went down like a chump, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    We looked it up on IMDB and David Morrisey has about 5 inches of height on Andrew Lincoln and thus probably about 20 pounds or more as well. Rick didn't stand a chance. As far as when Rick fought Tyrese, he got an opening and went all medieval on him. I think if Tyrese would have not been in a blind rage and a cooler head he could have hung Rick's ass out to dry.
    Do you think Carl could take down Rick?
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

All you would see was the shadow of the sheriff's hat on the wall, then hear the cocking of the gun, then Carl would shoot Rick in the head from behind.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Yeah, but that's a part of my "Carol" theory that I talked about earlier. Tyrese then took them to that rat food which is an unsolved mystery. Who was feeding rats to the zombies earlier in the season? So, who killed the two people? Was it Carol?....

I have a theory that the little blond girl killed them, and Carol is protecting her. Remember, Carol was teaching the little girls how to kill zombies, and she didn't want anyone to know about it, especially Rick. So, imagine the one girl goes off and kills the 2 infected people thinking she's got to kill the dying people.... Carol finds them dead, then trying to cover up the incident, she drags them out and burns them.

Carol is taking partial blame and covering it up for the girl. When they question Carol, she gets really upset and knocks over that water container. Then Carol gives lame excuses to Rick why she (herself) killed the people,... it doesn't make sense. Remember, Carol did not what Rick to know he was teaching the girls to kill.

Now, we see the same little girl going for guns in the battle, and blowing someone away square in the head. And she's become a pack leader, leading the other little girls. That was the same girl that was giving the zombies names in the season opener. She's the one feeding them rats, I think! Plus, she also saved Tyrese in the shootout, which brings it all full-circle.

Anyways, that's my theory! haha

Great mid-season finale. I think the Governor didn't really care what made sense, or if everyone died, he just wanted revenge. Though, I think they were stretching it that the people in his group would follow him so vigilantly. Especially tank boy... what was he so angry about? And why destroy the place you want to move into? No matter, great mindless action stuff!
    I think you're theory about Carol is probably correct - good thinking!

Tank boy was just a blowhard who was angry at everyone - I'm glad he died. BTW, because I actually watched some of The Talking Dead, I know his name was Mitch.

The actor who played Mitch has been in a few shows I've watched, Primary Suspect (the Maria Bello version) and Fringe. I was sad to see him go, mostly because I like the actor, but also because a tank could really come in handy. Until it runs out of gas.

The tank also reminded me of the awesome scene of Rick under the tank getting rescued by Glen.

My two favorite moments were the girls killing Alicia the Lesbian and Darryl killing Mitch.

But, you wanna talk about stupid writing? How about these examples:

Quote Originally Posted by Jerol
    And man, the Gov still attacks a fortified position with hardly any plan again and expects a different result?
    Exactly. He certainly didn't think through his plan, which I think was mostly show. I think he thought the threat of a tank would be enough to compel Rick & co. to bolt.

What I thought was stupid was that he's got a tank and forms the group into an inverted "V" with the tank in the back. Seems more strategic to me to form up in a "V". And when the tank fires, they shoot at the buildings. Why not shoot at the people you want killed? A tank would also have a .50cal which would be much more effective than the assault rifles the rest of the group carries.

Had I been Rick, this is what I would have done: as soon as I saw the Governor and his tank, I would have hidden two snipers somewhere around the prison; one trained on the Gov and one trained on a random member of the Gov's group. After hearing the Gov's threats regarding Hershel & Michonne, I would have then told them about the two snipers. It might have made the Gov think twice maybe not but it would have guaranteed that the rest of the group would have been scared shitless knowing their head was in the crosshairs of a sniper's gun. And more importantly, the moment the Gov raised that sword, BOOM, his head explodes and Hershel's still alive. And the moment the first sniper shoots, the second takes out another of the group, the panic sets in, and they're running faster than a jackrabbit running from a bobcat.
    I love sleeping. It's like being dead without the commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    And more importantly, the moment the Gov raised that sword, BOOM, his head explodes and Hershel's still alive.
    That's the single most glaring thing about that episode. Daryl and Carl were trained on the Governor's group the entire time, too.

It was fun, but I don't beleive in spending time over anaylzing tv shows.

You and me both!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

That hasn't really been proven. I have a theory that the little blond girl killed them, and Carol is protecting her. Remember, Carol was teaching the little girls how to kill zombies with a knife, and she didn't want anyone to know about it. So, imagine the one girl goes off and kills the 2 infected people thinking she's helping (or she's scared). Carol finds them dead and drags them out and burns them. Then the girl got sick because she was infected by the two people.

I think Carol is hiding this secret, that's why her excuses are so lame when Rick asks her why she killed them. Also, remember Carol getting really upset and kicking that canister while everyone was on the hunt for the killer. She's upset because she taught the girl how to kill. And now she's protecting her.
    Interesting theory.

Just to let you guys know, the scene at the end of last night's episode was directly ripped from the comics. Everyone was scattered, and Rick and Carl were left leaving a decimated prison by themselves.

The big difference is Rick still has two hands . . .
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Off-topic but relevant: Frank Darabont's Mob City. Mob series set in Hollywood during prohibition on TNT. Fun watching Dale boss Shane. Surprising cameo by Simon Pegg in the first half of the season opener! Hopefully we get cameos like that thru out!
    Last edited by Paulie; 12-06-2013 at 09:53 AM.

It really sucks that we finally have the chance for some hot lesbian action, and the lesbians are both blown away. BTW, I forget, did we see what happened to the lesbian's sister? Was she blown away too? Also, how close were these two locations that she was able to just walk over there with her dead daughter's body?

The sisters both lived. The older one (with the daughter) was the woman who finally shot the governor. The younger one hid behind the tank when the shit hit the fan and managed to run off away from the prison.

I was talking with my niece about the mid-season finale. I understand why they had the girl's mother kill the governor, but I think what should have happened was Maggie should have borrowed Michonne's sword and cut his head off, leaving his decapitated zombie head alive in perpetuity. That would have been a fitting end for him.
    I love sleeping. It's like being dead without the commitment.

The sisters both lived. The older one (with the daughter) was the woman who finally shot the governor. The younger one hid behind the tank when the shit hit the fan and managed to run off away from the prison.

I was talking with my niece about the mid-season finale. I understand why they had the girl's mother kill the governor, but I think what should have happened was Maggie should have borrowed Michonne's sword and cut his head off, leaving his decapitated zombie head alive in perpetuity. That would have been a fitting end for him.
    Oh I like the zombie head thing and it ties in nicely with last week's American Horror Story - Coven.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Oh I like the zombie head thing and it ties in nicely with last week's American Horror Story - Coven.
    Katy Bates live head in a box. Loved it.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Also, how close were these two locations that she was able to just walk over there with her dead daughter's body?
    No shit. They should have had the dead girl then turn and bite the mom, making them both Zombies. Then the two of them amazingly lumber their way to the prison battle, and eat the Governor's inners just after he gets the old sword through the stomach.

Ok, guess I need to rewatch that ending. Yeah, like the decapitation part. Then his head should have rolled down some drain, where it would "live" forever.

Season 4 mid-season poster: