Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Iron Maiden album!

I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

18 minute tune!

I just have to point out that Secret Chiefs 3 already released an album "Book of Souls." Like, just a year or so ago.

- Matt

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    I'm in!
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

I'm all over it. Lotsa long songs. Auto buy.

Auto-buy here too!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Auto-buy. The write up on this has me very excited. Hopefully it will meet those expectations.
    Officer Droid.

Too bad we have to wait until September. Drat!

Here's a sneak preview!

Em C D

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    First ever double CD? Double Auto-buy!
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Here's a sneak preview!

Em C D

Sean: I really spit out some coffee just now.......Hilarious !.....and more profoundly, probably true !

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Woot!

You guys are really looking forward to this one, huh? Nobody else found the last four albums-well six albums if you count the Blaze Bayley era-to be really bloated? I kind of liked AMOLAD, but IM's songwriting has become so long winded and predictable, IMO. Somehow I'm not expecting much from an 18 minute track except a 3 minute atmospheric intro, a mid tempo verse, a chorus, a gallop, a few solos, the gallop again another chorus and then three more minutes of quiet outro. Hopefully, I'm wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    You guys are really looking forward to this one, huh? Nobody else found the last four albums-well six albums if you count the Blaze Bayley era-to be really bloated? I kind of liked AMOLAD, but IM's songwriting has become so long winded and predictable, IMO. Somehow I'm not expecting much from an 18 minute track except a 3 minute atmospheric intro, a mid tempo verse, a chorus, a gallop, a few solos, the gallop again another chorus and then three more minutes of quiet outro. Hopefully, I'm wrong....
    Yes. Same every time. I now have only the albums up to 'Seventh Son...'. I cooled on AMOLAD after noticing every track except (I think) the last one was in the same key! Didn't bother with the last one. Really they are basically a more ornate AC/DC nowadays IMHO, it's clear what you're going to get.

But I'm glad Bruce is doing well and that they are still out there doing it, probably bigger than they've ever been. Good for them.

I have to agree about the formula....although it is a helluva formula, most of the time. I do wish they'd stretch out a bit more. I thought "Satellite 15" was one of the coolest things they'd done in awhile...too bad the rest of the album didn't live up to that (IMO). I did really like AMOLAD - to me it sounded like they were firing on all cylinders, and not quite going back to the same well as much as they had in the past.

Still, Maiden remains among my top 3 bands.....formula or no.
    Officer Droid.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Yeah, from watching Flight 666, Harris and Shirley are well aware of the "formula" charge, and they don't give a shit. They like what they like, and Maiden fans like it that way.

I'm with Harris, Maiden doesn't need to "progress" to be successful to my ears.
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

I'd like a return to the warmer production of the 80s, but other than that, Maiden doesn't have to do too much to make me happy. They don't quite get a free pass, but, well, I've been listening to them since I was 10. They reside in a very happy spot for me.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I burned on Dickinson's vocals a long time ago. I can only listen to the first 2 Iron Maiden albums these days...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I'm all over it. Lotsa long songs. Auto buy.
    In other news, water is wet....
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Seriously, when I saw the track list with all those long songs I wet myself. An 18 minute epic by Iron Maiden gives me a woody.

September can't come fast enough. The only other disk I'm this excited about is Metallica's next release.

Ordered the triple vinyl!

This is a autobuy for me and was before I was born.

They threw a few new spokes in the wheel of Rock when they came out and still have enough left to excite me.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I burned on Dickinson's vocals a long time ago. I can only listen to the first 2 Iron Maiden albums these days...
    I'm in the same boat. Admittedly, I haven't paid attention for years, but Dickinson never did a whole lot for me compared to Di'Anno.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Listening to AMOLAD. It's still my favorite of the reunion albums. It's epic, and rocks like a bitch.