Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Iron Maiden album!

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    IM's songwriting has become so long winded and predictable, IMO. Somehow I'm not expecting much from an 18 minute track except a 3 minute atmospheric intro, a mid tempo verse, a chorus, a gallop, a few solos, the gallop again another chorus and then three more minutes of quiet outro. Hopefully, I'm wrong....
    you forgot the part where the chorus is merely the title of the song repeated over and over agsin

Count me among the lovers of latter-day Maiden. Formula, schmormula... I love the music! All OVER this one!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I guess I probably need this:

maiden deluxe.jpg
    http://www.ironmaiden.com/thebookofsouls/

Only $5 more with the book.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Harris says about the new 18-minute track:
    “I think it’s a masterpiece, actually – I think I can say that because I didn’t write it! It sounds like Maiden but it’s totally different from what we’ve done before.

“Eighteen minutes sounds like a long time, but it’s actually such a journey that… well, it’s best just to leave people to listen to it and see what they think. But it’s very interesting. It’s certainly not boring.”

http://www.metalinjection.net/upcomi...as-done-before

Oh my.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Anxiously awaiting the release of this album. I'm crawling the walls.

NP: Two Minutes to F'ing Midnight
    Last edited by Vic2012; 07-04-2015 at 07:23 AM.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Good interview and a short clip from the new album:

Death Or Glory: Iron Maiden Interviewed
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Yeah, seriously looking forward to this one. I have the book edition pre-ordered!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Bruce Dickinson has won his fight against cancer but nearley crashed yesterday as his airplane ran out of fuel (a WWI replica).

New song from the upcoming album :

Haha, that's a great video! I liked the "video games through the ages" trip.

Kick-ass song! Bruce's air raid siren voice seems to still have gas left in the tank.

Sounds like they can still crank out some metal, love the product placement in the video.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Very cool video, not only video games through the ages, references Maiden through the ages too:

(Stole these):

00:26 - The axe from Killers.
    00:48 - Charlotte the Harlot/Original Iron Maiden cover poster.
    01:43 - Live After Death Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg Graveyard
    01:48 - Somewhere in Time
    01:56 - Trooper Beer
    02:07 - Powerslave
    02:15 - The Final Frontier skull
    02:28 - Seveth Son of a Seventh Son ghost thing
    02:50 - Run to the Hills
    03:10 - Live After Death resurrection
    03:23 - Number of the Beast pose
    04:57 - The Games: No Prayer, Life Death, After Death, Somewhere, Brewery, and Incendium(?).
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

I usually find modern Maiden tiresome but "Speed of Light" is pretty good! And the video is great.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Will check out that video later at home. I'm stoked.

Just saw the thing. That's a kickass, rockin' tune. The video was clever, I guess.

The cowbell is a nice touch too.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Makes me want to walk down the street and have a Trooper Ale... or three

Autobuy.

There are already guys doing guitar, bass and drum covers of the song on Youtube, plus a South American Maiden cover band doing the song in a club!
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Really looking forward to this album. I'm hoping it's as eclectic as Fear of the Dark. I agree that since X Factor many of their songs have used the same formula with regards to the structure. But at least they've branched out with regards to their chord progressions and moved away from the Em D C. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns, Paschendale, The Legacy, Mother Of Mercy, Ghost Of The Navigator all seem to have are good examples of these.
    Wilton Said... , Toronto Art Rock.
    http://www.wiltonsaid.com

I've listened to a bit over half of the album so far, and it's pretty damn good.

Why?

This album is astonishing. It totally slays -- like they've taken the best bits of my three favorites ('Powerslave', 'Seventh Son . . .', and 'Brave New World') consolidated that aesthetic and improved on it. It also sounds like they've been listening to Steven Wilson and Motorpsycho. The side-long suite that concludes the second disc is just icing on the cake. I'd bet a lot of people who read this site regularly will highly dig this.

Is the album out already?