Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nektar's Fall 2015 tour

Nektar's Fall 2015 tour

It looks as if Nektar will be touring this Fall, in addition to the cruise. 13 performances in 14 days; 12 in Germany & 1 in the UK.

Venues are posted on Nektar's website.

I'm doing my part in promoting them.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Excellent news. Bad choice of date for London however, same night at Steve Hackett's show elsewhere in town...
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

US dates would be nice. But, they don't sell very well and I can't imagine it's worth their while.

Glad to see they're doing something. Things dropped off for a while and I never heard why.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

For us poor folks in the states it would be great if Roy could come up with some sort of web cast to stream some of these shows for us to view. Good Idea?

I'm wondering if this tour will coincide with Roye's promised album release.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    I'm wondering if this tour will coincide with Roye's promised album release.
    Hmmm, I must have missed that. What have you heard about a release?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

^ Months ago, before Roye took sick & the original 2015 (or was it 2014?) tour was cancelled, Roye had posted on his Facebook page that an album was in the works for a Fall 2015 release.

Hope it spills over into the USA, but glad to see them active again. Hope they are all healthy.

Any info on his illness? I heard about the cancellation, but never saw any details.

^ No detail that I've seen. Just notice of the cancellation/health news & then... nothing until this tour's announcement.

Personal privacy is one thing, but I'm not covinced if anyone in the current organization is truly interested in maintaining the fan base.

One one the Best places to get up to date tour news, and most anything considered " Nektar News ", confirmed performance dates etc. is: http://www.thenektarproject.com/ Mick Brockett's Nektar Project site.

Scott
    http://www.stillstream.fm Internet Radio - Your Place Of Solace On The Net

^ That's where I first read about the Fall 2015 tour! He's their best promoter.

Mick is pretty much their only promoter.

In fact, it's been a while since he's been here. Hope things are okay, Mick.

I'm OK, thanks for askin'... however, all I can do presently is substantiate that the Euro club tour has been announced. I'll confirm their shows and post the entire Nektar tour on the project site next month.
    BTW, They DO have promoters both in Europe and here in the USA.. they even cop a percentage.
    Assuming everyone else now has facebook, where ADHD and instant gratification of messages is so rampant, some clubs probably won't even post until about a week before their show, especially if they are also very busy tweeting.
    Last edited by Mick; 07-25-2015 at 10:08 AM.

Thank you Mick for the tour update on your web site.
    Just posted yesterday:

The FALL 2015 TOUR DATES have been posted, the following itinerary is listed....
    Roye Albrighton, Ron Howden, Klaus Hanetsch and Tom Fry is the quartet unless noted otherwise.

During July & August, THIS POST will be updated and expanded with show times, venue links and additional information regarding the shows.

SEPTEMBER 2015
    Wed 9th Tokyo, Japan, Billboard (2 shows).
    Germany.....
    Thu 24th Iserhagen, Blues Garage
    Fri 25th Stemwede, Lifehouse
    Sat 26th Wilhelmshafen, Pumpwerk.
    Sun 27th Lubeck, Riders Cafe.
    Mon 28th Heimathaus, Twist.
    Tue 29th Bremen, Meisenfrei.
    Wed 30th Mannheim, 7er Club.

OCTOBER 2015 (Germany)
    Thu 1st Berlin, C-Club.
    Fri 2nd Backnang, Juze.
    Sat 3rd Muenchen, Backstage Club.
    Sun 4th Dortmund, Piano Bar.
    Mon 5th Bonn, Club Harmonie.
    United Kingdom...
    Wed 7th, London, Borderline.
    United States...
    Sat 24th, Kansas City MO, Roye acoustic gig at Knuckleheads Saloon (Gospel Lounge, $42.50).

NOVEMBER 2015
    Sun 15th thru Thu 19th, Cruise to the Edge, out of Miami, FL.

It seems there is another bogus Nektar, advertising their gig at the Palisades Club in Brooklyn on Monday August the 10th ($5 admission for 5 bands) at 8pm.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/6946...n_history=null
    At first I thought it could be a "rehearsal gig" on the way to their JAPAN venue in September, but I am well informed that this is an electronica band of arrogant twenty somethings who are blatantly using the Nektar name.
    SO... even if anyone was interested, Nektar is NOT playing the NYC area in August!
    Last edited by Mick; 07-25-2015 at 10:16 AM.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    That imposter is the lowest billed of five bands, so I don't think you need to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    It seems there is another bogus Nektar, advertising their gig at the Palisades Club in Brooklyn on Monday August the 10th ($5 admission for 5 bands) at 8pm.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/6946...n_history=null
    At first I thought it might be a "rehearsal gig" on the way to their JAPAN venue in September, but I am informed that this is an electronica band of twenty somethings who are blatantly using the Nektar name.
    SO... even if anyone was interested, Nektar is NOT playing the NYC area in August!
    Thanks for that info. So...when IS Nektar playing here?
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Thanks for the update. US dates would be nice, but I understand it's not economically feasible. Turnout is usually very low.

Thanks, Mick. As expected, you are still their best PR man!

That bogus band is still playing Brooklyn on the 10th,
    however, they have since changed their name to....
    wait for it....
    NEJTAR.
    Yup, Nejtar... so how original is that?
    Anyhoo... I suppose it was the right thing to do to avoid a problem,
    tho' "Nexstar" woulda been a much better subtle alternative.
    There are links on the project tour page.

I plan to attend Roye's solo show in Kansas City on October 24. The place (Gospel Lounge Stage at Knucklehead's Saloon) is very small. Supposedly the show is being filmed for DVD release. I have no idea what songs to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by StrandedinIowa View Post
    I plan to attend Roye's solo show in Kansas City on October 24. The place (Gospel Lounge Stage at Knucklehead's Saloon) is very small. Supposedly the show is being filmed for DVD release. I have no idea what songs to expect.
    That would be great to see. He can pull out a ton of gems for that.

I spoke to Roye a little while back about the band coming to South Africa. Would love to see them.

Ron, when you're at the show, if they are filming, make a lot of noise or stand up so we can see what you look like!