Thread: Phil Keaggy to kick off MorseFest

Phil Keaggy to kick off MorseFest

Greetings from Team Radiant!

We are thrilled to announce that Phil Keaggy will be kicking off both nights of [Morse]fest 2015!

Neal comments on Phil joining the [Morse]fest stage, "Phil Keaggy as you all know is among the finest musicians in the world and also an extraordinarily wonderful person! I am thrilled that he will be doing an acoustic set to kick off [Morse]fest 2015 on both nights! I've seen him do his acoustic thing several times before, and it's always very inspiring and enjoyable. You guys are in for a treat! This is going to be amazing..."

Phil's solo career has spanned more than 40 years, and has included over 60 solo albums, both vocal and instrumental, 8 releases with his band, Glass Harp, as well as numerous duets and trio albums. One of the most sought after studio guitarists, Phil also continues to sell out concerts all over the United States, with his ever-changing style, ranging from rock-and-roll to fully orchestrated instrumental compositions.

[Morse]fest 2015
    At [Morse]fest 2015, long time collaborators Mike Portnoy and Randy George, as well as Neal Morse Band anchors, Bill Hubauer and Eric Gillette, will join Neal as this group of master musicians perform Neal's world renowned albums,
    ? (Question Mark) and

Sola Scriptura

This weekend will be filled with Special Guests, Exclusive VIP Packages, a FREE Inner Circle only performance, Pre-show dinners, and much more!

View all event and ticket information here

http://www.radiantrecords.com/produc...fest-2015.aspx

Blessings,

Team Radiant

Radiant Records

Anyone who has never been to a Phil Keaggy concert at least once in their life, really ought to see and experience this guy's artistry. Video don't cut it; you gotta be there. Whether that's this fest or a solo show of his somewhere in a small club or church, go.....

True that, abri - I saw Phil last year at a Colonial-era church here in Connecticut with a small combo, including his son, where he played a few of his Christian songs. He was joined by the church choir and a chamber orchestra at one point - truly sublime. He was in wonderful form, given his age, and talked about his many ongoing projects.
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

I'm of the belief that a Keaggy, Morse, Portnoy project could be very powerful. Think I've even suggested it to Neal and Mike. Hopefully, this interaction will lead to some recorded output from them.

RRL

This would be an awesome project with so much talent to chose from. I would question how much interest that Phil would have in a full on rock band after hearing his current acoustic group.
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

Phil played and sang on One.
    See below:
    Phil Keaggy – Electric guitar solo in The Creation at 8:25, Acoustic guitar solo in The Man's Gone (Reprise), 2nd Lead Vocals on Cradle to the Grave.