Thread: Any Clutch fans here?

Any Clutch fans here?

Clutch has been on and off my radar for several years, their signal gradually getting closer in the past 2-3 years. I've taste-tested their music a few times but it didn't hit the spot. Now I find out they're based in Frederick, MD, which I have some connection to, and I liked what I saw/heard in a YT clip of them performing last year. I'm not going to ask which album to start with, but I would like to know of any fans here; what CDs you have and how many times have you seen them in person and who has opened for them? like maybe Red Fang or Sasquatch.

I also have a connection with Silver Springs, where Mr. Fallon resides.

I bought “Strange Cousins From The West” (I think that was the name of it), back when Classic Rock Magazine named it one of the best albums of the year a while back, but it really did not do a lot for me. I didn’t hate it, but it did not entice me to explore them further. I was supposed to see them open for Motorhead a few years ago, but got stuck in a traffic jam and got to the venue just as they were ending their set, so did not see any of it.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I tried the self-titled album. While there were really cool spacerock elements to it, the rapping vocals turned me off. If that's not an issue, then they seem like a pretty good band.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post

I also have a connection with Silver Springs, where Mr. Fallon resides.
    I live there and it's Silver Spring (singular). Just FYI.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    I live there and it's Silver Spring (singular). Just FYI.
    right you are, and I admit to a rare spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    I tried the self-titled album. While there were really cool spacerock elements to it, the rapping vocals turned me off. If that's not an issue, then they seem like a pretty good band.
    Agreed, the vocals kind of turned me off a bit. Not the style I typically like.

It's weird - I absolutely love "Blast Tyrant" and "Robot Hive-Exodus"... but haven't been able to get into any of their other albums. Some I outright don't care for, like earlier stuff where the vocals were really rough. Others are just "okay" but don't hit me between the eyes like the two albums mentioned.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    I like Clutch. I own 6 of their albums. No complaints.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I bought “Strange Cousins From The West” (I think that was the name of it), back when Classic Rock Magazine named it one of the best albums of the year a while back, but it really did not do a lot for me. I didn’t hate it, but it did not entice me to explore them further. I was supposed to see them open for Motorhead a few years ago, but got stuck in a traffic jam and got to the venue just as they were ending their set, so did not see any of it.
    This is one of the only albums I own of theirs that didn't do much for me either. Give 'Robot Hive/Exodus' a shot and if that doesn't do it for ya, you're free to leave lol...

Their latest 'Earth Rocker' is exactly that. Killer heavy rock...

I'm a big fan
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak