Thread: A Cool Image I Came Across

A Cool Image I Came Across

Let's see if I got this right.
    Irom Maiden.jpg

Aw, bugger, it's tiny.

Anyway, it's the crowd at AM Ring 2014 from Maiden's show. A really big boatload of people. So how do I make it big? Crikey, what a awesome shot of humanity getting along, all because of some stupid rock bands.

There's just something really awesome about how people can come together for a show such as this instead, of say, to kill each other. Again, I'm not trying to start something but this image was really damned awesome.

Music hath charms, and all that.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    "I'm going to get a beer - I'll be right back!" What a crowd. Up the Irons!

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    So how do I make it big?
    All someone has to do is click on it. It will pop up at full size.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Use IMG tags for your image.......they look like this: [img] image url [/img]

I assume you mean Rock am Ring (Rock at the Ring) the simultaneous sister festival to Rock im Park (Rock in the Park).

That probably is the name of the fest. I've never been to one over there, never even been over there, so I don't know all the names of the events. Taking a gander at the pic again I see the name is right there. Ok I'm stupid. it was right there and I totally missed it. Kinda funny watching it as the live broadcast had all kinds of twitter type comments just in a language I can't read.

How many people is that? How many usually show up there?

And why the heck can't we have anything like this over here? Probably best left unanswered as it's complicated but it irks me that we have almost nothing of this nature. I did see VH's Monsters of Rock back in '88 but 80,000 or so is a small gathering of rabble rousers compared to that picture.

Klothos, thanks for the tip.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    you sure that's not the wait for the rest rooms at Maryland Death Fest?
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    That's the Million Man Mosh!
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    That's the Million Man Mosh!
    You win 1,000 Internets

How many people is that? How many usually show up there?
    It depends which year it is, Maiden have played at RaR at least twice. When they played there last year the festival attracted more than 80,000 people.

Whenever I see pictures of that many people in one place at one time I think of the stories of the aftermath at Woodstock: sewage disposal, tons of garbage, traffic, lawsuits, births, deaths, memories.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Whenever I see pictures of that many people in one place at one time I think of the stories of the aftermath at Woodstock: sewage disposal, tons of garbage, traffic, lawsuits, births, deaths, memories.
    Wow. Got negativity?

I see a glorious day with only the Gods know how many of my bestest friends, enjoying some kick ass Rock and Roll and, in the unusual case when that many people get together, NOT fighting and killing.

We've moved on from Woodstock and learned from the mistakes made there.

Why focus on the negatives? Births and memories aren't so bad but where are the deaths?

I disagree and I feel for you if that is what you see. Maybe I'm reading your post wrongly and if so, I apologize. But, other than war and protesting, what other thing than Rock and Roll can bring people together such as this and everyone is smiling, has a killer time and goes home safely?

And why the heck can't we have anything like this over here?
    Philadelphia has the "Welcome America" Festival, but it's usually pretty heavy on rap and hip-hop acts.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I stopped watching this around the halfway mark the other day. Just got around to the second half.

Remember I was talking about tweets earlier? I saw one come across from Joey Belladonna from Anthrax in the song Iron Maiden. Wish I could see what he said.

Remember I was talking about tweets earlier? I saw one come across from Joey Belladonna from Anthrax in the song Iron Maiden. Wish I could see what he said.
    I just checked his Twitter feed, and it's mostly promotions for gigs, etc. - not sure what you're talking about?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally