Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Return To Forever - Live : The Complete Concert

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    RTF lost me after No Mystery.
    And I dont like all the tracks.
    The 4 previous albums are all good, and Light as a Feather, Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy and Where Have I Known You Before are excellent, stunning & innovative.
    We're in agreement once again, although I prefer "Hymn" to "Where" by a fairly wide margin. I like about half of Romantic Warrior, but I don't hold it in the kind of high regard most folks do around here. Actually, I think the best fusion album Chick made since HotSG was his Elektric Band's "Inside Out." Some of that band's output was pretty smooth and iffy, but that one is some really ambitious, uncompromising, intense shit!

I've heard Musicmagic once. Though it has some moments, I rank it pretty low in the heap of Chick's vast output.

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    We're in agreement once again, although I prefer "Hymn" to "Where" by a fairly wide margin. I like about half of Romantic Warrior, but I don't hold it in the kind of high regard most folks do around here. Actually, I think the best fusion album Chick made since HotSG was his Elektric Band's "Inside Out." Some of that band's output was pretty smooth and iffy, but that one is some really ambitious, uncompromising, intense shit!

I've heard Musicmagic once. Though it has some moments, I rank it pretty low in the heap of Chick's vast output.
    Hymn is superior, agreed, IMO due to a more raw unpolished Clarke and Bill Connors. The compositions on WHIKYB is just as good, but DiMeola and especially his buzzing guitarsound annoys me. Never liked Romantic Warrior, not sure why.. overproduced, overcomposed ? and for some reasons it makes want to hear a band like Gentle Giant by a thousand miles...
    Maybe I should lay ears to "Inside Out", generally I found his elektric band sterile (lets hear Brufords fusion band instead).