Thread: Be a part of the new Sonus Umbra album.

Be a part of the new Sonus Umbra album.

Hello everyone! We have been busy working on a new album, and putting together the best live multi-media show for the release. To that end, we created an Indiegogo campaign which can be found below:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/n...0862763#/story

If you would like to help out in any way, by donating, sharing this link, telling your friends about the band, we would greatly appreciate it! Thank you for all you do and all your support throughout the last 25 years. Here's to the next 25,

Cheers!

I'm already in, so jump in the pool, people. It is heated.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I'm already in, so jump in the pool, people. It is heated.
    And neither one of us pissed in it. Just to be clear. We Love you Geezer! We love you long time!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Already chipped in, happy to help, good luck.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I have and love all your albums. I loved your RoSfest performance. No brainer, I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    I have and love all your albums. I loved your RoSfest performance. No brainer, I'm in!
    Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Already chipped in, happy to help, good luck.
    Awesome. Thank you, sir!

Thanks Luis for posting this.

I had planned to introduce myself to the community and then include the link as well (how about that for an introduction - "Hi, I'm Mara, here's what you can do for me")

I'm very happy to be here. I think I met many of you at RoSfest, which was the best way to spend a weekend if you ask me. I had a blast, and I'd love to keep in touch with all of you lovely folks so if we've met, let me know who you are. And to refresh your memories, I was the merch lady for Sonus Umbra. Most likely I sold you a CD after their fantastic performance, so do not be shy, say hello.

I hope this is the beginning of some beautiful friendships! Thanks for being an awesome group of people and making me feel welcome. Cheers!

Hi Mara! Either I'm mistaking you for someone else, or you already know me.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Hi Mara, we met at ROSfest, I'm Ian who bought the XXL shirt, welcome aboard.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I do know you, Geezer, I have many fond memories.

And, hi Ian! Nice to "see" you again.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    , I'm Ian who bought the XXL shirt,
    Well, that narrows it down.

Done!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Bump!
    Thanks for the support so far, folks.
    I've never been a huge fan of fundraising for bands, but music doesn't generate revenue the way it used to. There are a lot of expenses involved in getting product to the public. I have donated to bands to help them achieve goals. When you believe in a project, you give.
    Anybody who has seen Sonus Umbra knows we are pushing ourselves all the time to be a better band. We are pushing ourselves even further with the music we plan on recording for the next album. This also involves bringing a bigger, better live show including visuals to enhance the experience of hearing this new music on stage. We also plan on releasing the new album on vinyl for you audiophiles. Bigger and better is on the horizon.
    Please take the time to view our Indiegogo campaign. Please donate if you can. Please share this information and help us spread the word.
    Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

What's your deadline for this campaign, Rich?

I'm not done donating.

38 days left as of today.
    Thanks, Steve!

Great news Luis! Looking forward to it. We'll be in shortly. Lila and I are in the moving process so we're a little uncoordinated at the moment!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    Great news Luis! Looking forward to it. We'll be in shortly. Lila and I are in the moving process so we're a little uncoordinated at the moment!
    Jimmy - I'm moving at the end of the month so "uncoordinated" is my middle name right now. I have to be out of Kay's (now my) house by the 27th, so I get to spend a week in a pet-friendly Super 8 with my cat.

WTF does this have to do with Sonus's campaign? Sonus has been consistent in giving me chronological slack.

Just a quick heads up to let everyone know that our indiegogo campaign has been fully funded. An immense thank you, from the bottom of my crooked heart, to everyone who has made this possible. We are almost finished recording the new album, and we are putting together artwork for the album, as well as video for the tour. We'd be nowhere without your support, so once again, thank you and let's meet in 2016 when we play the new album live!

Woo woo, excellent news.
    Ian

Congrats, Luis, Rich and all!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"