Thread: Steve Wilson live stream on Yahoo RIGHT NOW! (11pm ET, June 13)

Steve Wilson live stream on Yahoo RIGHT NOW! (11pm ET, June 13)

Excellent concert and camera work. It's still playing on the site, not as "on demand", but as a continuous loop. I'm guessing that Yahoo will run it for the remainder of today (6/14). So watch it while you can!
    Last edited by jefftiger; 06-14-2015 at 08:11 AM.

Nice to see Dave Kilminster live, especially because I really love his last solo-album.

But calling Cocteau Twins shoegazer?? They're from the early 80s, so if they are, they must have started the movement

It's still available for the the next 24 hours (give or take). Great show and I thought the 2 "subs" did a fantastic job on guitar and drums.
    "I want to be someone, who someone would want to be." Marillion

Quote Originally Posted by Polska View Post
    It's still available for the the next 24 hours (give or take). Great show and I thought the 2 "subs" did a fantastic job on guitar and drums.
    I wasn't that impressed with David or Craig when I saw them in Washington. But, I think that it had more to do with my disappointment in missing Marco and Govan. Seeing them again last night on the live stream, I had to reassess my opinion of them. Both were outstanding. It was an excellent show.

I attended both the Anaheim and Los Angeles shows. The Los Angeles show that's being broadcast on Yahoo is at least 20 minutes shorter than the Anaheim show (and the other shows on the tour). Steven spoke to the audience a LOT less last night, and he also dropped that new song (the one that's being called "Song X" on the message boards) which has not yet been recorded or released.

All in all it was a tremendous, powerful show! It's amazing how great the sound was last night. Powerful and blasting, then to a clear low hush when needed without a hint of static or glitch. I really enjoyed both shows.

The vinyl LPs that were for sale in Anaheim had sold out temporary - there was no vinyl for sale in Los Angeles. Both Dave and Adam have their recent solo CDs for sale at the merchandise counter. There must have been a lot of people who attended both shows: the merchandise line was lonnnnng in Anaheim but almost no one stood in line last night in Los Angeles.

Quote Originally Posted by jaysenese View Post
    I attended both the Anaheim and Los Angeles shows. The Los Angeles show that's being broadcast on Yahoo is at least 20 minutes shorter than the Anaheim show (and the other shows on the tour). Steven spoke to the audience a LOT less last night, and he also dropped that new song (the one that's being called "Song X" on the message boards) which has not yet been recorded or released.

All in all it was a tremendous, powerful show! It's amazing how great the sound was last night. Powerful and blasting, then to a clear low hush when needed without a hint of static or glitch. I really enjoyed both shows.

The vinyl LPs that were for sale in Anaheim had sold out temporary - there was no vinyl for sale in Los Angeles. Both Dave and Adam have their recent solo CDs for sale at the merchandise counter. There must have been a lot of people who attended both shows: the merchandise line was lonnnnng in Anaheim but almost no one stood in line last night in Los Angeles.
    There may have been time restrictions for the live stream. I'd bet they dropped the new song to squash any chance of it being pirated, if that's even possible from a live stream. I watched most of the show but being on the east coast it was tough staying up. Watched the encores this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
    I wasn't that impressed with David or Craig when I saw them in Washington. But, I think that it had more to do with my disappointment in missing Marco and Govan. Seeing them again last night on the live stream, I had to reassess my opinion of them. Both were outstanding. It was an excellent show.
    I saw both NYC shows and felt the same way. So i was curious to see how i felt about them seeing the show differently. I thought Bundell stepped up his game and felt he fit a lot better, but have to say, I still don't like Kilminsters guitar tone or his interpretations of Govans solos at all. You can't mess with perfection.

Great show. I recorded the audio but am not satisfied with the sound. It seems to be in Mono, and the volume output is in the low range. And I nixed "Watchtower" because my damned computer did a buffering freeze. But it's still worth listening to. Anyone capture the video?
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

I enjoyed this alot, but not as much as being at the live show. I'll buy the blu-ray as I assume they'll release this.
    Yeah, by the encore i fell asleep and didn't notice it had looped already for a few minutes. So I watched again through Perfect Life!
    Just glad Nick wasn't in pigtails and a skirt like his first tour with Hackett! Retinal damage to this day!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

As good as it was, I imagine a BluRay of this or another show will be tweeked with much better sound and video.
    "I want to be someone, who someone would want to be." Marillion

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    I enjoyed this alot, but not as much as being at the live show. I'll buy the blu-ray as I assume they'll release this.
    Pretty sure this will not be released as a blu-ray, maybe only added on as an extra maybe in due time. My best bet is that they are preparing a shoot of the two Royal Albert Hall shows in the autumn and make it into a special ocassion with some guests on both nights.

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    I saw both NYC shows and felt the same way. So i was curious to see how i felt about them seeing the show differently. I thought Bundell stepped up his game and felt he fit a lot better, but have to say, I still don't like Kilminsters guitar tone or his interpretations of Govans solos at all. You can't mess with perfection.
    The second night of the show, i thought Craig's mics or drums were completely muddy and indistinct (ditto Nick's tone)...the show was pretty great though...the live stream i wasn't that impressed with...agreed about Kilminster...he brings it but there's just something that isn't there...maybe it's the emulation factor, i think he should've just taken the solos as HE felt not a SORT OF like Guthrie's note choices but i suppose they ARE written either way and it's not jazz we're talking here...good to know SW's already writing again too!

Anyone know how to get it to start at the beginning?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

agreed about Kilminster...he brings it but there's just something that isn't there...maybe it's the emulation factor, i think he should've just taken the solos as HE felt not a SORT OF like Guthrie's note choices but i suppose they ARE written either way and it's not jazz we're talking here...good to know SW's already writing again too!

I don't know, to me, those solos are so specific to the over all emotion of the song as govan laid them down. It would be like messing with the solos gilmour laid down for comfortably numb or time. I haven't seen Kilminster with waters, so i don't know how he handled those solos.

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    agreed about Kilminster...he brings it but there's just something that isn't there...maybe it's the emulation factor, i think he should've just taken the solos as HE felt not a SORT OF like Guthrie's note choices but i suppose they ARE written either way and it's not jazz we're talking here...good to know SW's already writing again too!

I don't know, to me, those solos are so specific to the over all emotion of the song as govan laid them down. It would be like messing with the solos gilmour laid down for comfortably numb or time. I haven't seen Kilminster with waters, so i don't know how he handled those solos.
    That's what i mean...i think GG (not THAT GG) and MM would've done them justice and then some...this feels serviceable but more like second-rate someway somehow. They're sort of iconic lines that also cue in certain changes too but i wish there was a bit more differentiation i suppose? (for instance SW's solo bit although sort of yawn was appreciated in R#9)..maybe there was, maybe there wasn't with the originals in the roster, not sure.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Enjoyed the 'cast but definitely enjoyed being at the show (Albany) more...feeling the band feeding off the energy of the audience cannot be captured on a screen (so put those darn phones down at shows and relish the moment!)

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    (so put those darn phones down at shows and relish the moment!)
    Put those darn phones down in LIFE and relish the moment. Don't get me started. Its pathetic how addicted we (society) are to these damn things. Carry on

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Put those darn phones down in LIFE and relish the moment. Don't get me started. Its pathetic how addicted we (society) are to these damn things. Carry on
    Yep. And before I look like an enormous hypocrite, I'm hopelessly addicted too - but I am able to put it away to enjoy a good show or film.

My guess is Yahoo will be getting this taken down very quickly but for those of us that had trouble with the stream it's nice to catch the show from the beginning

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Yep, got the video from you tube last night, and if you want a good audio only, go here: http://www.guitars101.com/

It's nice to see the livecast since my seats at The Warfield were in the balcony and Blundell was totally blocked by a hanging speaker cluster. I have to say the SF crowd was wildly more enthusiastic, however.

On a musical note, is any else struck by similarities in parts of Hand. Cannot. Erase. to later Camel albums like Dust And Dreams? "3 Years Older" especially struck me as having some very Camel-ish melodies and arranging ideas.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    On a musical note, is any else struck by similarities in parts of Hand. Cannot. Erase. to later Camel albums like Dust And Dreams? "3 Years Older" especially struck me as having some very Camel-ish melodies and arranging ideas.
    Hmmm... not at all. Was listening to PT's Stupid Dream yesterday for the first time in quite a few years and I felt there was quite a strong connection between that album and HCE. HCE is the better album but both share a sense of being quite accessible especially for the general audience. I always felt that PT during the Stupid Dream / Lightbulb Sun era could have crossed over very easily to the bigger festival scene if they had been given the opportunity.

If anyone wants to capture and keep any of the videos on Youtube before they get taken down it is super easy. There's a free mozilla youtube download plugin, so all you have to do is download and set up the Firefox browser, then do a simple search for the Firefox youtube download plugin and install that and you are good to go. Works great.
    Last edited by Richard; 06-16-2015 at 03:00 PM.

OOPPS! Look like Yahoo had you tube nix the stream. But you can probably find it on torrent sites.