Thread: FEATURED CD: Siena Root - Kaleidoscope

FEATURED CD: Siena Root - Kaleidoscope

Excellent Retro rock release from Siena Root

Review at Aural Innovations (Scott Heller):
    The amazing Siena Root is back with their second full length album and a new vocalist, who is great. The CD contains the same great songwriting as the bands debut, but this one is a bit bluesier and more psychedelic and has a killer analog sound to it, making it really sound old in a way but with super fresh compositions. Good and Bad opens the CD with a hard hitting blues riff and a jam straight away before vocalist Sanya takes it away. Led Zeppelin would be proud! Nightstalker features Hammond organ keeps the sound rocking and fresh and you can really appreciate Sanya as a singer on this one! Blues 276 is just what the title says… good time blues rock! Bhairavi Dhun changes the pace as we get a middle of the album Indian sitar driven psychedelic jam that is amazing! Crossing the Stratosphere begins quite spacey before a sort of funky jam grows out of it. What an amazing mix of great tracks you have on this CD. There and Back Again is the shortest track on the CD and is a straight up rocker with organ, a lot like some of the tracks from the debut. Ridin' Slow has a killer blues groove and riff and the band really takes off on this amazing track. The CD ends with a very cool improve jam track called Reverberations which features some special guests on flute and hurdy gurdy! Wow... one of the best records of 2006 and may the psychedelic blues rock of the 70's live on!

WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Love this band but I don't own this one.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I have the latest Siena Root CD and like it a lot. I know that "side two" was criticized by some for too much Indian raga music, but it suits me fine! I just picked this one up recently, but haven't listened to it yet.

One of the two albums I heard from them.... good retro-prog....
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Woo, I see that the two previous Features on Siena Root really stirred up some discussion!
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Love all of their releases...Great band! I would love to see them live, but without NF, I guess the only way would be to go to Europe.

This is the one album that I don't own by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Woo, I see that the two previous Features on Siena Root really stirred up some discussion!
    It's Satoko Fujii all over again!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Live, they rip!
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS