Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: David Gilmour "Rattle That Lock"..

David Gilmour "Rattle That Lock"..

Both Dave's and Pink Floyd's Facebook update this morning.. anyone know if this is in fact the title of his new solo release?

There is some argument whether it is actually "Rattle THE Lock".
    I do believe that is subject matter.

Hopefully this is a reference to the lock on the vaults that contain all that unreleased Floyd stuff.
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Ah.. that explains it.. wonder why they didn't include this link.. Oh Well.. Thanks!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The lock on Polly's chastity belt.

Thanks, I'll be here all week.

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/latest...val-of-wr.html

**Polly told us the theme of the album, if there was one, is 'Carpe Diem', seize every moment, look to the future, 'Just Do It' and don't be afraid or hold back.**

**On a sombre ( but not unexpected) note, David added "despite having nothing but (well almost nothing!) but fond memories of Rogers working relationship, I'm sorry to dash anybody's hopes of a Pink Floyd reunion - it ain't gonna happen!"**
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Pink Floyd leader David Gilmour has revealed the title of his next solo album – it’s called Rattle That Lock.

It includes tracks provisionally called Girl With A Yellow Dress and Just Do It, and features contributions from Roxy Music’s Phil Manzanera and Jools Holland.

Gilmour and wife Polly Samson, who wrote the album’s lyrics, discussed the work at the Borris House Festival Of Writing And Ideas in Ireland over the weekend.

BrainDamage reports that Samson said the theme was “Carpe diem – seize every moment, look to the future, ‘Just Do It’ and don’t hold back.”

Meanwhile, Gilmour, who’s previously said that Floyd’s 2014 album The Endless River was their last, and he had “no room” for the band in his future, responded to more queries about a reunion with Roger Waters.

He replied: “Despite having nothing – well almost nothing – but fond memories of Roger’s working relationship, it ain’t going to happen.”

The follow-up to 2006’s On An Island is due for release in time for Gilmour’s autumn tour:

Sep 12: Pula Arena Pula, Croatia

Sep 14: Verona Arena, Italy

Sep 15: Florence Teatro Le Mulina, Italy

Sep 17: Orange Theatre Antique, France

Sep 19: Oberhausen Konig-Pilsener-Arena, Germany

Sep 23: London Royal Albert Hall

Sep 24: London Royal Albert Hall

Sep 25: London Royal Albert Hall

Oct 02: London Royal Albert Hall

Oct 03: London Royal Albert Hall

'On An Island' was nice enough but I'd hope for something a bit more energetic this time around. His first two solo releases are much more balanced in that respect.

Polly Samson, who wrote the album’s lyrics,

Ugh.
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Seems he /they played a couple of new pieces the other day-
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalProgRules View Post
    Polly Samson, who wrote the album’s lyrics, Ugh.
    And sings too-

This sounds nice though-

Jambase suggests he's touring these States next year. http://www.jambands.com/news/2015/06...erica-in-2016/
    **David Gilmour plans to tour North America in 2016. Consequence of Sound reports that the Pink Floyd guitarist revealed the news during a Q&A session at the Borris House Festival of Writing and Ideas in Carlow, Ireland last weekend. The publication has pointed out that someone from the monthly Pink Floyd fan podcast Brain Damage attended the event, where Gilmour revealed that he plans to hit the road on this side of the pond next year.**
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    **David Gilmour plans to tour North America in 2016.
    Excellent.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Keep in mind this is a FAN SITE that is disguised as David's real site. I was dooped by this site before. The tour dates are fake.

This is David's real site:
    http://www.davidgilmour.com/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Keep in mind this is a FAN SITE that is disguised as David's real site. I was dooped by this site before. The tour dates are fake.

This is David's real site:
    http://www.davidgilmour.com/index.htm
    Right - Pink Floyd's official Twitter account made an announcement about this site and another fan site yesterday.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Well 'On An Island' has grown to have a special place in my heart these days. Some of the most poignant music to come out in recent years. Very emotional for me, so I do look forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Well 'On An Island' has grown to have a special place in my heart these days. Some of the most poignant music to come out in recent years. Very emotional for me, so I do look forward to this.
    It definitely is aging well.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    will almost certainly pick the new one up
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Jon Neudorf
    I can't wait to hear this.

Regards,
    Jon

I wonder if there will be any Keys work from Rick before he died. I had heard they were working together before his death.
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

First taste-

First taste-
    Was that Everything But The Girl?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Gilmour wasn't even involved in the making of that clip. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Was that Everything But The Girl?

it did sound a lot like tracey thorn and given that gilmour has performed recently with ben watt....seems plausible

I suppose we can hope that these teasers will be like the teasers that preceded The Endless River... i.e. they didn't do the larger work justice at all
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    'On An Island' was nice enough but I'd hope for something a bit more energetic this time around. His first two solo releases are much more balanced in that respect.
    Well from the 15 seconds clip on the site, it certinly sounds like Gilmour woke up after the soporific OAI album, but the drumming is awful (way to up the mix)

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    will almost certainly pick the new one up
    I'll have to wait for more samples to even consider this , given that first dreary one (I mean, it doesn't even sound like Gilmour)

First taste-
    anyone can see a visual link with that Floyd archive album released last year??
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.