Thread: BOURNE series of films

BOURNE series of films

Just wondering if there's any news on a new Bourne film? After the first 4, there seem to be endless possibilities for more pictures I would think.
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

According to Wikipedia, there could be at least two more, one featuring Matt Damon's Jason Bourne and the other featuring Jeremy Renner's character from Bourne Legacy.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    For some reason my wife loves those movies, and we have all the DVDs. For me, those are the ultimate "I have no idea which one I'm watching" string of movies. Endless fight scenes and chase scenes, but they are kind of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    For some reason my wife loves those movies, and we have all the DVDs. For me, those are the ultimate "I have no idea which one I'm watching" string of movies. Endless fight scenes and chase scenes, but they are kind of fun.
    sounds a lot like my house. my wife loves 'em, but they kinda bore me.

Best way to watch them is to see two and three back-to-back. Those two are so interconnected that the plot makes much better sense when viewed in one sitting. The Renner movie was pretty good. The chase scenes in Manila were insane. Matt Damon is returning because Paul Greengrass is once again directing. They have confirmed that Renner and Damon will not cross paths in the upcoming movie which might mean everything comes together in movie six.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

There"ve been 4 of these Bourne films? Ive seen the first couple. It's all a blur of 007 type action.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    They are pretty intricate movies as far as the plot goes. Not the kind of film you can join half way through or in parts. I enjoyed them a lot more the 2nd time through.
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    There"ve been 4 of these Bourne films? Ive seen the first couple. It's all a blur of 007 type action.
    Yeah, the first 3 have Matt Damon and deal with his persona Jason Bourne but the 4th is about another one of the group of agents and is a bit of a step sideways from the story.
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)